America's Network, Inc. / Incorrect billing information

1 Snellville, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-994-2949

This company sent me a letter that read I had a bad check with a merchant in Davenport, Iowa. This company would not give me the details, only the amount due, $195.00 for a check that was written in January of 2008 to Gas Depot in Davenport, Iowa. This is the second time I have been contacted about his check. This merchant already collected this money for the check 30.00 fee and 50.08 for the check. That was done as soon as I was aware the check had been returned. I tried to explain this to the lady who answered the phone and she said she would put me in jail, "this already went out and you are going to be arrested for writting bad checks". I asked her to send me something that had the information on it other than a blank peice of paper with my name and their phone number (this is what the letter consists of) it does not state anything on the paper about a check returned or a collection attempt, nothing. I t does state it is not a scam. I have talked to the merchant he agreed this was already paid on Feb. 12, 08 through my bank.

Comments

• Tw
      22nd of Mar, 2010

If you receiving calls from 800-994-2949 its because you are family member have written a worthless check. Those people that do not pay for these bad checks can be punished under civil are criminal actions. This is no laughing matter and its not fraud you are urged to make the called before matters get worse.

This is an attempt to collect a debt and all information is used for that purpose.