America's Home Place / non payment to subs and suppliers for labor and materials

1 896 Centre StRidgeland, MS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 601-952-0002

The not only ripoff the home owners but the subs and suppliers are cheated routinely. They order supplies and then don't pay. I was stiffed for $30K+ in cabinets I ordered for for 7 homes that I held in my warehouse for 2 months...paying interest to MY supplier. When they finally got around to picking them up they signed a NET 10 bill of sale.

42 days later they still owe me. I was told they would pay me as each set was installed. My only option is to file liens against each homeowner who many are already disappointed that they were ripped off with their "custom" (that's a joke) homes and it kills me to do it. But I've got a business that they are trying to run into the ground tying all my capitol up.

This is not the first time they haven't paid me but it will be the last. I have numerous bills that they charged back other subs mistakes and many times I had to take what they would pay me to keep my bills paid.

BEWARE and read the fine print on their contracts...there is NO recourse.

Rt

Comments

• Do
      14th of Jan, 2016

I worked with AHP for 3 yrs. as a punch / warranty sub contractor. From the beginning, they always shorted my pay. At the end of three years, my pay was never caught up. The manager would pay me out of his own pocket to keep me there. It's is the most disorganized company I .have ever worked for. They would send me to a job without the supplies to complete the job and more often than not, before I needed to be there. Trying to work around other sub's and on and on and on.
    The last year I worked for AHP, a new Area Manager was hired. Note: he failed at his attempt to run a construction company. He would not talk directly to a sub ( I guess he was to good). He would talk through a supervisor. To make up for the short falls of his or the company in general, he started not paying sub's for random items. For example: built a deck to the superintendent's spec's and the Area Manager (lets call him David) decided he wanted them built differently. So the decks were rebuilt to his liking. He back charged me for what it cost to rebuild the deck. Not only did he back charge me for that deck but also for the other deck I did not build. This is just one example of the shady tactics they use.
    I have witnessed first hand the poor jobs I was instructed to put a band aid on just so they could close the house and get their money.
    There is soooo much more but I will stop here. I think I have got my point across. I WOULD NOT LET THEM LOOK AT THE PLANS TO BUILD MY HOUSE.