America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses / Wrong prescription

After the initial rude treatment for not ordering all the extras they try to force on you I finally received my glasses. They were the wrong prescription.

I called and they said to bring them back for a refund the next day. When I got there I was told, very rudely, that I would have to come back another day.

I explained to the "lady" that I lived an hour and a half away. She told me to have a seat and wait, I did, over 2 hours! By this time I’m sick of the place. Finally I ask for a refund they refunded 34.00 but said my free exam cost 40.00...Hmm. So I demanded my prescription. Which they finally gave me. Checking this against the glass order I found that the high pressure warranty salesman had entered my prescription wrong almost doubling the power. The way I figure it with gas wait time and three trips I would have been much cheaper to have just ordered from a local Doctor. I guess you get what you pay for.

Va

Comments

• La
      17th of Feb, 2009

I went in for their great offer $69.95 for two pair of eye glasses including "FREE" exam. While waiting for my eye exam I picked out two eye glass frames. So then I finally have my eye exam and the doctor writes my eye glass prescription. Now I'm all excited, I haven't been able to afford an eye exam, let alone a pair of glasses to boot. Weeeeeeeeeelll, now we sit down with the oh so polite person who is putting together my two pair of frames I have picked out and my prescription so I can pay up. Weeeeeeeeeeeeelll, now, my grand total is almost $200.00. Why? Because I have a SPECIAL prescription. What? Yes, I need a special presciption because my right eye is what thay call a "lazy eye", NO SH-T, that's why I'm getting glasses. Well that's extra. I tried and tried to find their reason with their special offer and what they were trying to charge me, to no avail. I ended up paying $40.00 for my "free" eye exam, took the prescription to a local eye doctor who honored the prescription and let me pick a pair of frames. He charged me $70 and another $35 for a second pair. I was told by America's Best that I would never be able to go to another one of their stores. America's Best? Hmmm

• Bb
      1st of Sep, 2010

Hey! Listen to this . I to was deceived by Americas Best Contact. You don't always get what you pay for even when it is their price. I a recent patient of them was very disappointed to find out that 69.95 must be your finders fee they charge us. I of course was not given the correct glasses, and the lame excuses that they give us are unacceptable. Everybody wants to point the finger at everyone else. Not only did they mess my order up they think gas is .99 cent a gallon duh!!! I walk in there and they dont say Good morning, just may I help you. So, I say good morning to you too(hint, hint) never a response just a sigh. Just to find out that now that it will be another period of waiting before your glasses are ready...thank god it is two for one cause if one pair isnt messsed up then the other one is jacked up!!! Just to go to show how much society has changed...it wouldnt be a business if no one shopped there. Lets get back to the basics of customer service please.

• Ee
      25th of Dec, 2010

Went to the Americas Best here in Dale City, VA on Nov 23. I have Zeiss glass lenses as I prefer them over the plastic ones. Decided to go not due to the price, but because of the service from where I nomally buy. First thing should have been the give away, I must have an eye exam, even though, I see an Opthomologist due to having a small cataract in one eye had already told me there was no change in Rx. Well after the frames, whistles and bell, it came to almost $600 for two pairs. They arrived less than a week later. One pair had to be sent back, the lens kept falling out. Dec 3, took both pair back, left eye was killing me. Took them 45 minutes to figure out that the lens was wrong on both pair the axis was up in the far upper left. After calling for over two weeks, the first pair was back, told them that I would pick them up when the other pair arrived, received call on Dec 20, Lab had broke the frames on the second pair, finally found the frame, as they were discontinued. Went Dec 24, picked up first pair, second pair still not in. Watched so called specialist put a new screw in on the left side, broke it off with side cutters. Now I have a pair of new glasses, that looks like a third world product. Still waiting for the second pair, see when before new year they come. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. FAST TO TAKE MONEY AND NO SERVICE.