Americanhomeplus.com / I did not buy my vanity from this company and urge potential customers to avoid doing so

DO NOT BUY FROM AMERICAN HOME PLUS.COM! This is a terrible company and not just because of the many bad customer service reviews. The workers are treated terribly by what appears to be an boss with serious psychological issues.

I called this company a month ago to inquire as to whether they had a particular vanity on display in their Upper Westside Manhattan showroom, Atmosphere Kitchen & Bath, as I wanted to view the item in person before purchasing and they had the best price online. Little did I know that I would be horrified by that one telephone call.

The customer service rep that answered the phone sounded harried and extremely stressed and no wonder! In the background was someone screaming and shouting profanities at the top of his voice to what I learned was another employee. F words abounded, he continued his rant at this person for at least ten minutes and the more I listened the more horrified I was. He was screaming that they were f'ing stupid and called them a f'ing idiot numerous times, while continuing with his terrible tirade.

The customer rep on the phone apologized profusely to me and tried their best to assist me and to stop me from hearing the rantings of what appear to be a mad man. Now I am also a business owner myself and understand sometimes being frustrated with an employee, but to subject an employee to such a humiliating experience in the middle of the office, where potential customers can hear him, no wonder his customer service leaves so much to be desired. His employees are constantly being harassed by him while trying to do their job. Who could work in such an environment?

I asked the rep on the phone if this behavior was the norm and they reluctantly admitted that yes it was. They said things had been that way since they'd started several months before. They even admitted to watching him lunge at a female employee! Do NOT shop with this company, you will be enabling what appears to be a caustic and abusive environment, by a boss who seems to think he owns his employees and can therefore treat them however he likes.

Needless to say I did not buy my vanity from this company and urge potential customers to avoid doing so.

Comments

• Du
      16th of Dec, 2011

My experience was very similar except... I called to check up on my refund for the 10th time for the vanity I ordered from American Home Plus that never came 6 months ago! When I called I heard a foul mouthed man in the background yelling at a woman named "Connie".

Thank G-d you didn't order your vanity from American Home Plus or Atmosphere Kitchen and Bath. T-H-I-E-F
    After waiting for a vanity to ship 6 months the rep I spoke to named Tiffany told me she couldn't help me and that I should call my bank to open a dispute to get my money back... Seriously??? What a thief.