Americana Flowers / Scamming our local customers and hurting our reputation

unknown, The phone number was in the Perth Amboy NJ area, United States Review updated:

We received a phone order for a local customer from a distant florist. This happens fairly regularly so we thought nothing of it. We were asked to do an 3 orchid arrangement for $40. We doubted this flowers availability for that price so we called the alleged florist back after checking with our supplier. They told us to go ahead and give her purple, lavender, and pink flowers in a vase. My wife suggested Pink Gerbras, purple stock, purple Alstromera. The distant florist told us that would be great. Those are the recipient's favorite colors so go ahead. We made the arrangement and delivered it. Within an hour we received a call from a Florida lady who had placed the order online for $80 worth of Orchid arrangement. She was livid and proceeded to tear up my wife, putting her in tears (My wife takes her professional reputation very seriously and personally). I later called the number we had to call on the orchid query. They said the company name extremely fast but I pressed them until they said it slowly-Americana Flowers. I then googled the name and found this complaint directory. After reading the complaints I called the Florida lady back and explained that she had been scammed. I thought it would be appropriate to post a complaint from the local florist who has their reputation stained thanks to these jokers. Our local customer seemed pleased with the flowers but I'm sure she got an earful from her mother who spent $80 for orchids and got a $40 arrangement of other flowers instead. Now our name is connected with them instead of the quality reasonably priced arrangement we delivered in our community.

Americana Flowers

Re
Dec 16, 2015

Comments

• Tl
      Feb 06, 2017

This is one of many sending only call centers and not a real florist. Avoid these others: FTD Teleflora Blooms Today, Just Flowers, Ava's Flowers, 1800flowers, The Sympathy Store, From You Flowers and more. All these places do is take and send and you never get the amount of money necessary to recreate what they sell.

• So
      Apr 12, 2019

I just looked online at the better business bureau website: https://www.bbb.org/us/nj/s-plainfield/profile/retail-florist/americana-flowers-0221-90159233

It appears these jokers are out of business. My guess is they filed bankruptcy or pulled some other scam to get out of facing responsibility for their shady business practices or perhaps they are just dodging the BBB.

It seems unfair they are allowed to continue to do business. I think it probably has something to do with it being an internet business as Congress is very slow in creating new laws when it comes to new technology. Write your representatives and demand accountability.