american warranty solutions / money scaming

this american warranty service solutions sold me a extended warranty. i cancelled after finding out the bad coverage they have. and now they are supposedly out of business and mepco the finance company wont issue any refunds

my email is naasar@yahoo.com

Na

More american warranty solutions Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Al
      31st of Aug, 2009

I received a call today from Michelle at American Warranty Solutions, and hung up on me after I asked what city & state they are in, saying that she won't talk to me unless I buy their warranty. Scam, scam, scam!

• Sc
      23rd of Oct, 2009

Received call and played along. Asked why I was qualified for special discounts and they sent me to thier manager. After asking a bunch of non-related questions I said they could send me a contract and I would look it over. They said they couldn't because my offer was on the last day of the expiration. When I asked when they had sent me a notification they said August, 10th. I told him that was less than 90 days...and he couldn't tell me when the expiration date would have been sent.

2 easy ways to get rid of them--ask for a contract or negotiate the price.

• Jb
      18th of Nov, 2009

I received a call today from the Sales Dept. 206.397.1715 . The person said that my warranty had expired and this was my last opportunity to purchase an extended warranty. Once I expressed an interest, the young lady immediately transferred me to another department. The person introduced himself as the general manager @ GMC and said his name was Wray Micheal. He proceeded to tell me about their extended warranties and upgrades that I qualified for with their company-American Warranty Solutions. He also explained that I had to make a decision today because I had not responded to post cards that had been sent to my home address. After listening to his presentation, I then asked questions about the company. While speaking to Wray Michael from Florida, or so he said, I got on the Internet to search for complaints about the company. He then changed his story and said he represented a company named- My Car Solutions... I then logged on to their website and reviewed the Diamond, Gold, and Platinum Plans. I then asked to whom would I pay for the warranty? He said I would have to pay $500.00 down and would be billed $105.56 per month. The total cost of the plan would be $2, 500.00, which could be paid off at anytime. I then ask for a number for the headquarters.. The number he provided was 800.770.0684. EXT 339. I did not call the number to verify anything because I'm sure someone would answer the phone and provide the requested information. I told the caller that I do not provide personal information on the phone to solicitors. The caller got angry and hung up the phone. Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope that this will help others when considering an extended warranty. Let the Consumer be aware!