American Vision Windows Inc / terrible company!

1 548 W Katella AvenueOrange, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 805-5821833

On October 23 2006 I signed a contract with American Vision windows for delivery of 5 windows. the contract said the world would be completed in 4-6 weeks and the sales man offered me one year no interest terms. As it turns out, today May 16th they visited -again- so far they have managed to correctly manufacture and install 4 smaller windows - the main window is still missing, as they simply do not seem to be able to follow the cardboard templates they have made twice after the first window did not fit. To make things worse - they proceeded to charge me for the windows after the first failed attempt to install the windows, interestingly I did not sign for the installation, I did make it clear to them that as soon as the windows were installed I would be happy to sign the paperwork, so instead they asked my girlfriend (whom I am not married to and therefore she can not sign for this) to sign the 'routine paperwork' and they proceeded to charge me based on this signature.

Reviewing the statements from the credit company it turns out that they did not actually give me '1 year no interest no payments' But '1 year deferred interest' - I may not be a financial expert - but this seems to be two quite different things to me. As of today, I have been charged in full, there is no completion date and no offer even for a refund of the work they have no completed.

My recommendation would be to try another company for your windows, and definitely do a internet search before making a agreement, the the internet could have saved me a lot of money.

Va

Comments

• Ji
      7th of Feb, 2009

American Vision Windows is a great company and do excellent work, you cant make everyone happy

• De
      23rd of Mar, 2009

This company did work at my home that was quite inferior! I will now be taking them to court. The company does not stand behind their products and will attempt to make it difficult for you to resolve the matter and leaving you no other alternative but to proceed legally.

• Co
      7th of Dec, 2009

Dee,

Which window company do you work for? Coming online and making claims about a company with no way that anyone can actually verify is silly and frankly, should be illegal. I have a feeling you own or work for one of American Vision's competitors and are spaming negative things about an excellent company.

Steve

• Hd
      9th of Dec, 2009

I think there's alot of stock into what steve said about dee. that there's alot of unverifiable info posted on sites specifically to slander a company who could be a competitor.in this case, I found that the number of jobs completed by american vision windows versus the complaints on bbb equals a 99.96% satisfaction rate so they can't be all that bad. that 1 complaint out of 1500 folks!

• Rh
      28th of Apr, 2010

Well I have just had my 5th bid on my home in redwood shores and american vision was the last bidder. by far the most competent, polite and thorough. john seemed to have an indefinite amount of knowledge. I have researched true complaints through the bbb. these guys have excellent rating. after the bid I called no less than 9!!! prior customers and everyone gave very good reviews and if they had a problem the customer service was fantastic with no questions asked. one customer said av actually replace a seal on a window that was not even thiers. (it was an older window that had been in the house for years). av replaced this seal anyway at no cost to the customer! these are the facts!! not opinion.

• Br
      16th of Jan, 2013

I had a large picture window that I needed to replace, did a lot of research because I recently had a bad company do all my windows and doors at over 40k and was not happy.
    The sales person came out, loved the pitch, took her time selling me on why I should go with this company. I had three others bid, two were cheaper, but again I was looking for quality work and service.
    A few months later I reached out to them and said I would go with them, I put down a deposit and within a few weeks someone came out to measure. they said it would be about 10 weeks. 15 weeks later my window was finally ready to install. I could not be there but had a friend be there for the install. when I came home I noticed none of the wood was painted. I found this strange since I just paid 3k. I expected the window frame and trim to be painted. this is the way they have come in the past. also the glue/chalking was all over the window and not cleaned up. what happen to service in america? the window is over 6 ft tall and on a second level, and up my front steps to my door, so no way to put a ladder there, I will now need to hire someone to come out, clean up the chalking and paint the untreated wood. this is not what I expected. I knew if the new window did not match the old I may have some plaster work or stuck work, but did not expect to paint the window.
    I called and spoke to a manager, he said he would look into it, but yet to receive a call. they got their money and don't seem to care. I will not recommend nor use this company in the future.

• Ri
      30th of Mar, 2017

American vision just completed an install at my house. I chose them for 2 reasons. 1 they were the only installers in my area that sold anlin windows, 2 there radio ad on kabc radio about 10-15 years ago which spoke of the inability to find quality installers and being a family owned business with high values etc. I always remembered their message and it struck a cord with me. I don't hear that ad anymore and for good reason.
    Here is a list of my complaints.
    1 they started to install the wrong window on the wrong place. good thing I was there to catch it.
    2 they tried to install a window with the sliding part on the wrong side. again good thing I was there
    3. they chalk the exterior on a stucco house and run their finger through to remove and smooth excess chalk on some of the window which looks terrible. then on others applied the chalk properly with the gun so there is no excess.
    4 they used a chalking that remains tacky so days later all the chalking is full of debris dust etc. they then said "its paintable chalk so it is tacky so paint will adhere. I not painting the stucco. they used the wrong chalk.
    5. they used the same chalk on the slider which where there is hardwood floors. i'm not painting those either. now I have a chalk line full of cat hair.
    6. they removed the sidelight window next to my front door which I was not even replacing. then reinstalled it all scratched.
    I asked"don't you have a work order that details the install? I bought into their tight nit family owned thing and they were anything but. I get this video email of the owners telling me that my windows are almost ready and trying to make you feel like they really care about you. what a disappointment.
    Finally the salesman never check back with us to see if we were satisfied or anything. i've dealt with the other anlin installer in my area and they were top notch. they were everything that american vision claimed to be. come to find out that my job should have been a 2 day job but upper management pushes their installers to get jobs done in 1 day instead of taking the time to do a quality job.

• Pc
      8th of Feb, 2018

Several years ago american vision was an excellent company that seemed to be committed to doing a great job. the times have changed for the worst. as a property manager I recommended american vision for window and door replacement. we were promised that the job would take usually one day but two days at the most. it has now been three weeks and the job is still not completed. the city building has failed the inspection three times. when we phone to request an update and an estimate on a completion date, no one returns the calls. they placed a mechanics lien on my office listing that address as the location where the windows were being installed. the windows are actually being installed at a separate corporation in a different city that is over 50 miles away. they were given a credit card when the contract was signed. do not consider this company for your project>