American Van Lines / fraud!!!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Im a current employee of american van lines to be more specific a driver. American van lines is affiliated to colonial van lines. Moving squad. Relo van lines reason why im giving this info out its so all of you out there do not hire none of these. This company will rip you off !!! They make us theyre drivers do fraud on the weigh scales so you pay triple what they say initially trust me i do this everyday if not i would not make any money because they steal from me as well they take all the money that i make and they tell their drivers if they wanna make money they have to put a couple of extra pounds on their jobs. Its a fraud and once your stuffs is on the truck youve got to pay if not they will storage it charge you for it and then if you dont pay the will sell evertyhing. This company is stablish by pure scamers in florida. I will be writing all over the place about them go check evry comment about this company and you will realize thats everything its true. American van lines a ripp off and a fraudddddd!!!

Comments

• Av
      16th of Sep, 2011

Dear Reviewer,
    We are sorry you feel our business practices are not ideal. We appreciate you pointing out some alarming issues and we will investigate immediately. We are aware that you would like to remain anonymous, however, we would like to speak with you to resolve this issue. Our team values our employees and our customers and we are concerned that you do not feel appreciated. Please contact us at 855-820-6916 at your earliest convenience so we may work over this matter.
    Sincerely,
    The Office of the President of American Van Lines

• Th
      20th of Sep, 2011
    Best Best Advice +7 Votes

I sincerely thank this employee for being forthright! This is the FIRST time I heard of an HONEST statement coming out of AVL. I am sure this employee is smart enough NOT to reveal any identity, as AVLs invitation is nothing more than a lure to inflict repercussions!

• Be
      24th of Sep, 2011

American Van Lines, HQ in Scottsdale, AZ, should tell folks up front they are a despicable broker firm that hires haphazard movers! (nothing against this current driver, who I admire and applaud)

People, I cannot emphasize enought that AVL is an exceptionally shrewd operator. I was a stupid fool for handing over my money to these scheming brokers. I paid them a few thousand dollars to do nothing more than make my move with a living nightmare!

In order so sue American Van Lines for damages, the contract indicates customers must go to a Broward County, FL court, since AVL operates out of Ft. Lauderdale. The contract, however, has all bases covered for American Van Lines, and the customers are always the fools!

• Ka
      25th of Sep, 2011

AVL, READ YOUR FORMER CUSTOMERS' COMPLAINTS THAT POINT OUT A LOT OF "ALARMING ISSUES."
    ON SECOND THOUGHT, YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THEM OR INVESTIGATE BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW FULL WELL THEY FALL RIGHT INTO LINE WITH YOUR "NOT IDEAL BUSINESS PRACTICES"
    THE ONLY THING YOU ARE SORRY ABOUT IS THAT PEOPLE ARE TELLING THE TRUE FACTS AND EXPOSING THE TYPE OF BUSINESS AVL REALLY CONDUCTS: UNSCRUPLOUS!

29th of Sep, 2011

When that sales rep. gives you a surprising low rate, if you are smart, you will hang up immediately!
    If you continue to listen, believe his marvelously sugar-coated deceits that are prepared to give you solid assurance, and sign the contract, YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF:
    - paying an additional amount of his quote before you move (for broker fees, which he does not reveal)
    - anxiously wondering where is the scheduled moving van,
    - calling Customer Service and AVL supervisors numerous times and not get any answers or help,
    - surprisingly learning some "minor" facts that your sales rep. conveniently neglected to inform you, which is you will also be paying double or plenty more in excess IN ADDITION TO YOUR QUOTES FOR A TRANSPORTING COMPANY THROUGH AVL. Showing up and delivering is when they get there.
    - learning the alternate predicament when you will have to pay additional money for your belongings before they are unloaded, or retrieve them out of storage for an exhorbitant fee.

You will find yourself:
    - calling Customer Service with no desireable satisfaction,
    - calling lawyers to no avail.
    AVL will tell you that YOU misunderstood the contract.

• Su
      2nd of Oct, 2011

Ok, so some may be thinking these
    atrocious scenarios won't happen to them* (see ya here later?)
    with this well-established, ** (says who? AVL?)
    dependable, *** (re-read the testimonials)
    professional**** (BBB rates F)
    moving service. ***** (nope! Broker "service"?)

THINK AGAIN because that SHOUTS to us who experienced AVL HELL that you are already believing FIVE FALACIES!!!

9th of Oct, 2011

I would like to read a follow-up comment from everyone who submitted a complaint and contacted Customer Relations (per recent request), that AVL / Customer Realtions actually compensated customers to the customer's satisfaction.
    AVL put us all through living hell on earth...and it will be a cold day in hell if that ever happened!

9th of Oct, 2011

ps: proof must be undoubtedly established they are the REAL customers' follow-up testimonies, and not concocted by anyone else, as could be suspected!

• Va
      2nd of Nov, 2011

given a low estimate for a move and when they were to deliver the chare was three times the estimate

• Mo
      2nd of Nov, 2011

Make sure you file a complaint with the FMCSA at protectyourmove.gov

• He
      8th of Jul, 2012

I just wish I found and read this before i hired them! It has been a nightmare! I will post the details after I receive my stuff, if it ever gets here... Anyone filing class action law suit count me in!

• Sz
      9th of Dec, 2012

Living nightmare. Recovering from herniated discs in neck and lumbar spine. They took my stuff in a hostile take over at pick up and then didn't deliver until the DOT interceded along with Move Rescue, the Consumer Complaint Agency, and my threats of making a police report for stolen property, which included my medical physical therapy equipment and business equipment, as well as furniture, etc. If it hadn't been for my medical condition they would have kept my stuff longer. They finally delivered after 38 days and only because the DOT got them to. I will sue them now for pain and suffering and overcharges, fraudulent weight slips, etc.

please call 541-471-7420 and lets complain together as a group and get them fined with the new laws in place regarding Rogue Movers.

• Sz
      9th of Dec, 2012

Nationwide owns Colonial Van Lines and American Van Lines, as well as many others. It was a complete nightmare for me moving from Mich to Oregon taking 38 days to complete and only with the help of the DOT.