American Van Lines / failed contract

United States Review updated:

I hired American Van Lines a month before I needed to move. I needed to move Friday March 23rd they wrote in their contract it would be the 23 or 24th. Today is the 26th and what they are telling me is that they are still trying to hire a truck. Every day that I sit here is costing me 100s of dollars. In addition to not having movers the company will not return my phone calls. I have left dozens of messages and several emails and still nothing. when I finally got a hold of someone in customer service they gave me a shrugged shoulder reply "we are just doing the best we can" How is this their best?? When I asked for a refund they said I could talk to their cancellation department and start processing this request. I have never been so angry! I never in my life imagined a company could handle someones very stressful situation with such disregard. I think American Van Lines is PURE EVIL!!!

Comments

• At
      27th of Mar, 2012

I am still VERY ANGRY, and I am MORE than prepared to be part of a NATIONWIDE, CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST AVL!!!

If there is an assertive, intelligent attorney out there who is interested in making a powerful reputation for himself / herself, please make contact to us massive AVL victims ASAP!

• Jm
      27th of Mar, 2012

I am experiencing the exact same situation. They were scheduled to pick up 3/25-26 and as of this afternoon still no truck has been hired. I'm on board to file any formal complaints

• Av
      2nd of Apr, 2012

American Van Lines regrets to hear of your dissatisfaction with the services provided for your recent relocation. We wish we could change such an unpleasant experience, however, we would definitely like the opportunity to resolve your existing issues. We cannot locate your move with the information you have provided. If you are indeed a customer, we are aware that you would like to remain anonymous, however, we would like to speak with you to resolve this issue. We urge you to contact our office to discuss your concerns as soon as possible as we always like to ensure that our customers are satisfied with our services. Please call and provide your name and job number so we can better assist you with your issues. Call us at 1-800-338-9361. Our team is eager to work with you.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Customer Relationship Manager
    American Van Lines

• Se
      10th of Jun, 2012

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Anyone who believes AVL will suddenly become honest and resolve issues after the fact, then YOU are a BIG FOOL!

• It
      1st of Jul, 2012

Find FMCSA on the internet and file a complaint. AVL will be fined for every illegal offense connected with your move, ie, lose money!