American TV & Appliance of Madison, Inc. / Do not business with this company!

1 2404 West Beltline HighwayMadison, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 53713-2346

I had a complaint to BBB they won't handle because they no longer handle these types of consumer complaints, who can I complain to that the business will see and respond perhaps??? Below is my complaint:

We Purchased 2 theatre seats on a special no interest loan on 6/10/2006 sale Num: [protected] they did it in 2 Receipts the second one being [protected]. Sales Rep Jerry Cowlling. They did the paper work and figured up the payments per month for the free interest loan we did it step by step as they asked and led us to belief no interest period. Then they started adding some interest we called the store 3- 4 times they said it was wrong they'd correct it and refund. Well it didn't stop and of those times and continued then last time I called it took forever they couldn't figure it out gave me another # to call still nothing!!!!!!! Then the bill they sent on Oct said " If we receive your balance of $287.36 before 01/01/2008 you will avoid finance charges on credit plan [protected].

My wife sent $143. which is about the amount on first of Nov planning on sending the remainder first of Dec. but received another notice at end of Nov saying balance of $187.36 before 01/01/2008 you will avoid finance charges on credit plan [protected]. Wouldn't you think that would read $143.36 since $143. was already paid and we had until 01/01/2008 to pay the first amount???

I'm just going to pay off the whole amount in disgust, but if I don't receive a refund of Interest I've paid and a apology for all the time trying to call and straighten it out to no avail, and promises of it'll be refunded to it's taken care of and I don't understand it, I think if it's interest free and advertised it should be interest free. If this isn't taken care of I Guarantee I'll never do business with American again, or any of my family or friends, along with the thousands I chat with online that will hear about it and asked not to do business also.

Va

Comments

• Da
      26th of Mar, 2008

American TV appears to be full of incompetent people. When you call the store to speak with someone in authority they have a way of sending you around the store so your speaking with just anyone. Noone can not fix problem. And when you get upset and want to talk to the corporate office they give you some guy who claims he is from corporate, yet he is in there store...not in corporate Wisconsin. You get tired of beating a dead horse and live with the lousy experience of buying at American TV.

• Ji
      30th of Nov, 2008

I agree, I have had a poor experience with repair work on a dishwasher. Customer service is poor. They need training in dealing with customer complaints. Don't expect them to treat you like you might be a repeat customer.

• Te
      4th of Jan, 2009

I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH THIS STORE IN DAVENPORT.I BOUGHT A LAPTOP FOR MY SON ABOUT SIX MONTHS AGO . SINCE THEN WE HAVE BEEN BACK TO THE STORE TEN TIMES. THE LAST TIME WAS THREE TIMES IN ONE DAY. THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO CALL THE NEXT DAY. THEY DIDNT! I CALLED THEM! I TALKED TO A MANAGER THAT WAS VERY RUDE, HE ACTED LIKE HE WAS BEING PUT OUT IM THE ONE THAT HAS WASTED GAS AND TIME AND I AM A SINGLE PARENT THAT DOESNT HAVE ALOT OF THAT!NOW WE HAVE TO SEND IT IN GOBACK TO THE STORE AGAIN. IWONDER WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN.

• Ga
      3rd of Mar, 2009

WE TOO HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH THE STORE IN OAK CREEK, WI. WE PURCHASED A MICROWAVE THAT WORKED FOR LESS THAN TWO MONTHS - A FANCY MICROWAVE THAT COST APPROX. $600. WE HAVE SPENT THE LAST MONTH TRYING TO GET SOMEONE OUT HERE TO FIX THE DARN THING. THE EXTRA $100. WE SPENT ON THAT PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE WAS A TOTAL WASTE. THE SERVICE PEOPLE HAVE LIED TO US NUMEROUS TIMES. THEY HAVE MISSED SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS. THE RIGHT HAND DOES NOT APPEAR TO KNOW WHAT THE LEFT HAND IS DOING. THESE PEOPLE - EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM- ARE IDIOTS. WE ARE GOING ON MONTH TWO WITHOUT A MICROWAVE WITH ABSOLUTELY NO HOPE OF GETTING IT FIXED. NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL WE EVEN STEP FOOT IN AN AMERICANS STORE. AND WE WILL SHARE THIS EXPERIENCE WITH EVERYONE WE KNOW AND ON EVERY WEBSITE POSSIBLE.

• Un
      3rd of Mar, 2011

I have been waiting for 50 days as of today for my 1 year old washing machine to get fixed which THEY BROKE by putting in parts it didn't need. All it needed was a new door latch and they put in a control board and screwed everything up. Talked to the store manager on day 45 and he was the most smug a-hole I have ever met! . I asked him not rude at all by the way " so if I go home right now and log on to Facebook and share with all 200+ people that I am friends with now its not just a few people that know how I am being treated." his response " What makes you think they'll even believe you?". Who is he to question my integrity?!! I tried call the CEO Doug Reuhl but they will not put me in touch with him so I tried calling him at home but his phone number listed is actually his sons house. I called.. I have always shopped at American but never will again! This was still under manufacturers warranty and also have an extended warranty! I bought the unit on Feb 8th 2010.