American Timeshare Marketing / Scam

1 1104 S. Powerline RdPompano Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-500-5005

Wanted to sell timeshare in California. Was contacted by this company and they talked a good line but as I now have determined they only wanted our money. Paid $499 (discounted price according to them). Since then I have tried to contact them several times by phone (Steve) and got passed to Jessica. Jessica then called and stated that they were presenting our property on a Monday and she would call with the results. Never Happened!! Have called twice since then and no one calls back. Signed a contract on 10/12/07. Contract # is 137ATM. What can be done about recovering our money or at least putting these people our of business. I should have been smarter and checked this web site prior to entering into this agreement. Please advise.

Comments

• Ge
      20th of Jan, 2008

This company is only 6 months on the market and have a many complaining so I believe the company was doing this practice before and because of many problems change the name of the business. I thing in this situation we need to hire one lawyer and sue them. I try resolve this problem by BBB, General Attorney, Federal Trade Commission, Credit Card fraud section but so far not successful. What do you thing?

• Sh
      4th of Feb, 2008

We all need to report this to the BBB in Florida. More complaints will help.

• We
      6th of Feb, 2008

We have 3 timeshares that we put through American Timeshare Marketing. We too have spoken to Jessica. She has stated that they have offers on two of the properties however now she is indicating that there is another fee on top of the one that was initially indicated (by the way 499.00 was discounted because ours was 597.00) which is 1995.00 per property which was never disclosed. This can only be paid for by check, of course, and upfront.

• Sh
      6th of Feb, 2008

I am SO thankful to have seen these comments! Just this evening I had this exact same experience with ATM and Jessica Jones. Paid a fee back in September (which I've gotten my credit card company involved in), been calling ATM for two weeks, and wouldn't you know once I finally got Jessica on the line tonight she said she had an appointment to show my property THIS EVENING! And she got an offer for it! But wait, before it can go to closing I have to pay the balance of the "marketing fee". Check-by-phone. Don't take credit cards anymore. And they can't take it to a closing company without that fee. Of course, I had never been told about there being a balance due in the event of an offer. To the contrary, I was told that the money I paid in September was all I would ever have to pay.

She said she'd send me the contract but haven't seen it yet. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB tonight. And send all of these comments to my credit card company tomorrow. And talk to the Florida State Attorney General's office to find out if I can register a complaint with them.

This company/these people are a total ripoff.

• Mi
      6th of Feb, 2008

I am also a victim of American Timeshare Marketing. I was told that the martketing price was 1999.00, When I told them that I couldn't afford it, Gus told me he could lower the price for me if I could pay $399 by bank debit and pay a balance of $899 be fore getting a buyer.s contract. This transaction was the beginning of more lies and deceipt.

• St
      7th of Feb, 2008

This is the second company now that has taken my money to market my timeshare. First one is prestige t/s and now ATM. My wife past away and i just want to sell this property in FL. It is hard to find honesty in the timeshare business, Buying or selling. Jesica is a liarer, Patrick, All should face the judge. They are still taking peoples money for nothing. This is so wrong . Something needs to be done a.s.a.p. Steve...

• Dk
      12th of Feb, 2008

This company contacted me and I paid $300 per the instrustion of Gus Gelman. Gus told me I would have to pay $700 once I received funds on my timeshare.

I was later contacted by Jessica (the owner as she stated) and that Gus could no longer be contacted because he is in the field. I talked to Jessica several times and paid the $1995 she says everyone has to pay.

Today the phone number I have used in the past now is answered and the receptionist says it is the number for Caldwell Banker and they say I have the wrong number.

Jessica told me my property got sold and I had an offer. I was told until the marketing fee is paid, the process could not continue. I have paid the blance of the marketing fee.

I have been trying to get an update for the past several weeks but she is always in closings. I have been told my call will get returned. I have left numerous messages but now the phone is not being answered.

Something needs to be done here since I cannot reach them. I am neutral now but getting concerend since I have not heard from them.

• Ro
      29th of Apr, 2008

Contact:
    Investigator Tara Feiner of the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, PO Box 21624, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33335 Tel 954-468-2744 or Detective John Calabro, Broward Sheriff's Office, Economic Crime Unit, 2601 West Broward Boulevard, Suite 2501, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312, Tel 954-321-4254

• Ed
      27th of Jul, 2009

They sold my timeshare in November, it is now July27th and I still hav not received my check. Would like to know what BBB to contact in Fla.

Ed Mahoney, California