American Timeshare Marketing / Big rip off!

1 1104 S Powerline RdPompano Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-500-5005

I am the owner of Krystal Resort property in Cancun and I decide to sell this timeshare. I spoke in May 2007 with Emrem Resort Rental and Resale Specialists representative and I pay $549.00 for this services. This company offers to advertise this property for lifetime.

In September I got phone and the sales representative Steve from American Timeshare Marketing call me and he make very good offer to sell the property in five days. Also he promises to recover the money from EMREM. He told me so he is charging $699.00 and this is a more, compare to EMREM but this sell is under warranty and is only one time charge and nothing more.

I pay for his word $699.00 and I get contract Nr.9110 date 09/26/07.

Because nothing happen I call this ATM Company five times to find out what is going on. I call 10/23/07/ 11/26/07, 12/31/07. The all the time the man and after November 6th (this time the Jessica Jones took my case) the Jessica told me so the market is slow and so far is no buyer. In December 31st /07 Jessica told me so she is not looking for any body because I did not pay my marketing fee and if I pay $1100.00 she can start process this sale. With conversation she also told me so is gone be some closing fee if she finalize the transaction. She send me email about this (she call Marketing Fee) but did not mention about closing cost. I spoke with Jessica today and ask for my money because I do not like doing the business with America Timeshare Marketing, she told me if I not pay more she is not gone spoke with me and she hang up. Also I do not have in my contract about extra money and the first representative did not mention about extra charges. I do not understand why people do this to the people.

Va

Comments

• Ge
      20th of Jan, 2008

This company is only 6 months on the market and have a many complaining believe the company was doing this practice before and because of many problems change the name of the business. So I thing in this situation we need to hire one lawyer and sue them. T try resolve this problem by BBB, General Attorney, Federal Trade Commission, Credit Card fraud section but so far not successful. What do you thing?

• Eg
      24th of Jan, 2008

I am in the same situation except I refuse to pay more. There is nothing in my contract about paying more and jesica told me the same thing. If you want to sue, let me know and I will go along with you.

• Sh
      28th of Jan, 2008

After 5 weeks I just received a call from Jessica. I told her:1) the name of my property on the web site is wrong 2) she told me 5 weeks ago she had an offer and I accepted it.

I was told I need to pay another $2,500 (approx) to begin the sale process. I told her my contract does not say anything about addl monies. I asked her if I paid the addl money would she guarantee the sale and when I told her I was going to record her, she hung up.

What can we do to get our money back from this fraudulent company? Yes, I am willing to help with an attorney.

• We
      6th of Feb, 2008

We are in the same situation. We initally paid the fee of 596.00 and were told this would be the ONLY fee that needed to be paid. Jessica informed me that they have a buyer for the timeshare but that there is an upfront fee of 1995.00 per property that must be paid by check, no credit cards and not out of the proceeds of the sale. I am in the process of trying to call her back now to tell her that there is no way that we are paying for the additional fees that were never disclosed. If you are sueing we will help as well.

12th of Feb, 2008

After being sold a Shell Vacations timeshare three years ago under false pretense, we desparately wanted to sell the timeshare. Spoke with Bob at American Timeshare Marketing on 10-05-07 who said he could sell it for us within 90 days for $499. My husband and I debated the issue because of the fraud that goes on in that arena. But agreed to proceed b/c we so wanted to sell the timeshare. After calling many times in the next few months to check on the status of selling, we were informed that Bob was no longer with the company and that Jessica Jones had taken over our account. She would always return my calls at 10:00 pm or later when I would check my vm at the office --- just so she didn't have to speak with me. Finally, on 1-8-08 she called to say she had buyers, pre-approved. BUT that we would need to send her $1,500 to complete the sale! I said the original contract did not state that. She proceeded to slam the phone down. After checking the ATM website where they list the companies they work with and the BBB, which only had four customer complaints listed, we sent the $1500. Jessica sent a contract that we signed on 1-17-08. Since then, have not been able to get in touch with her. Today, I called their 800 number five times --- every time it was answered "Caldwell Banker!" I questioned the girl, and she hung up on me, too! I have since gone on line and filed a complaint with the BBB in Pompano Florida. Suppose to hear back from them within 7 days. If not, I will file a complaint with the Illinois State's Attorney's Office. Will also send a note to Pam Zeckman at Channel 2 News in Chicago who has done many news commentaries on timeshare fraud. We should not rest until we get our money back and ATM is made to pay big time!

• Pi
      14th of Feb, 2008

My boyfriend and I are trying to sell his Timeshare for over a year. We were contacted by Presitage Timeshare Marketing which as we learned is the same company as American Timeshare Marketing! First we had David Harris who doesn't work there anymore and now its some woman named Samantha. They are asking for more money and we do not want to give it to them! I want to see these people behind bars for doing this to so many people!

• Da
      17th of Feb, 2008

I was contacted by Am. Timeshare Marketing in early Oct. '07. My first contact was with a Stacy Schiano who called me daily for weeks. The next contact I had was with Jessica Jones who hung up on me when I questioned her that I had no response after 90 days.The last time I called, I was told that Stacy no longer worked for ATM. They originally requested $899.00 to proceed with the sale. I ended up agreeing to pay them $199.00. This amount was charged to my credit card. Before I made any commitments I checked with the Better Business Bureau in Pembroke Pines, Fl., who was the closest BBB to Pompano Beach. At that time, they said they had 6 compaints but all were resolved without any additional complaints.I plan to call them again on Monday. In addition, I have contacted my credit card company and they are going to dispute the charge. I wonder how many people have made the same mistake. If anyone is a member of "TUG" which handles responses from timeshare owners, it may be beneficial to contact them to see if they have any advice. There is a nominal annual fee to join.

• El
      21st of Feb, 2008

I listed my timeshare, in Oct.2007, and gave them $1098.00 and they said they would sell it, and get my money back from the other advertisers I had listed with. Well this is Feb. 2008 and nothing. I have tried to reach Jessica and always away from office and leave your number and will call back?? When?? They did call in Mar. 2008, and said they had a buyer, and that's all!! Haven't heard anything yet?? Tried to call again, and leave message, and answering service said, leave number and theywill return call very soon??? Three times now, and not phone call?? Nothing but scam??

• Ra
      25th of Feb, 2008

American Time Share Marketing contacted me about our timeshare that I had for sale with another company. They told me that this company (IBD Marketing) did not have a license to sell these kind of properties. They told me that they could get my money back if I signed up for them to sell my timeshare. I spoke with a Ryan Garnet and he said that it would cost $1995.00 to market my timeshare. I told him I did not have that kind of money. He said that they had a special going right now (12-16-07) that I only had to pay $400.00 right now and pay the rest after we get our money from the sale of the property. In the weeks to follow tryed to call the 1-888-500-5005 number and would always get a voice mail to leave a message. Note: you can never get a hold of these people, you have to leave a message for them to call you back and they might and they might not. After some time we finally got ahold of someone and they said that we can not call that extention by the way was an extention that Ryan gave us and they hung up on us. Eventually a Jessica Jones called us back and said that she would be handling talking to us because Ryan was not in the office very often because he was out in the field showing properties. After not being able to get ahold of anyone for 1-2 weeks longer and leaving messages, Jessica finally got back to me and told my husband and I that we had an offer on our timeshare and that if we accepted the offer we had to pay the rest of the marketing fee before she would send me the revised contract with the new sale price on it. I told her that we did not have that kind of money but that we might be able to borrow it from someone and that it might be in the bank on wednesday 2-20-08. Jessica faxed me the revised contract and I faxed it back to her without signing it and asked for some changes in the contract before signing it. I then noticed that the $1597.00 was taken out of my checking account without my final authorization. Jessica gave me her personal email address and phone number. She has been returning my emails and phone calls so far but not when she sais she will. In the mean time I had my parents who happen to be in Florida right now visiting my brother who lives in the area were this company is supposed to be in the Pompano Beach area on South Powerline Rd. They said the building looked deserted and there was no sign anywhere stating the companies name. Jessica is supposed to get back to me today to fax me a commitment letter from the buyer/lendor of our property. It is 1:20pm CT right now and she has not called or faxed. We to checked out the BBB and this company had good rating. Now I can not find them on the BBB sight. I will leave another note later letting everyone know how this all turns out.

• El
      26th of Feb, 2008

I agree with all the other comments, I have tried and tried to reach Amer. Timeshare, and always busy with other people and the message box is always full, and they will return my call, leave a message!!! Been 2 weeks I have called everyday and nothing. Would like to do something about reporting them to lawyer, better business, or what ever, I gave them money to sell, and also said would get money back from other companies, I listed with, not true!!!

• Me
      3rd of Mar, 2008

Same deal here!! Have been trying to call them every day since 1/29/08ю

• Ca
      4th of Mar, 2008

My husband and i gave atm two thousand dollars for marketing fees havent heard nothing yet last time we heard waiting on a closing date next time i tried to call no answer no one called answer machine comes on and can not leave message i want my money back iam going down there with the news cast of the schemes and rip off and my lawer its wrong its not right rip off scheme ever since 9/07 sincerly carolyn and leroy simmons from north charleston s.c.

6th of Mar, 2008

A Gus Geldman call me about sell my two timeshares. I sent to ATM $499. and upon sale of one timeshare I would send another $499. After multiple calls, I found out that they have moved out of the building. This is a scam and I would like to take action against them.

• Co
      7th of Mar, 2008

This all sounds very familiar. I was taken in by American Timeshare aka Prestige Timeshare. I paid monies to "both" companies. I've filed a compaint against Prestige TM with the Better Business Bureau and it's been 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything yet. I too would like to take action against this/these companies. I want my money back.

• Le
      18th of Mar, 2008

I also was contacted by American Timeshare Marketing in November 2007. After my initial phone call and payment I regreted my decision, someone else called from the company and thinking they knew I had spoken to someone earlier I talked to them for a while. Then he asked me for $899.00 as sales incentives. I told him I had already paid someone else! I went to their website and I also contacted the BBB of the area. At that time no complaints were filed. After NUMEROUS phone calls I was told that they had a package together and would present it over the weekend. Of course nothing was sold. They only took me for $499.00, by credit card, but in my financial situation that is a great deal. Jessica Jones was also my representative. They wanted my bank information but I would not send it. Does anyone out there know a legitiment company?

• Gi
      22nd of Mar, 2008

THEY HAVE 2000 DOLLARS OF MY MONEY AND I CANT EVEN CONTACT THEM BIG SCAM.

• Ka
      25th of Mar, 2008

Sadly, I always thought I was smart enough not to get caught up in a scam, but here I am with the rest of you. Out of money and still stuck with my timeshare. I would be more than happy to take part in any lawsuit that may arise out of this. My rep was a John Davis. I can't believe I fell for it. I had a bad feeling going into it and should have paid attention to my gut feelings.

• Fr
      14th of Apr, 2008

If anyone sues this company, we want to be included. Thanks. We were contacted by a Bob and then spoke to a Patrick who asked for $400.00 to sell all 3 of our timeshares. We paid the fee, and on 1/31/08 when I called to speak to Jessica, was informed one of our timeshares sold for our asking price. We were then asked to pay the remaining balance of $1599.00. I asked for documentation, but was told needed to send in the money first. We did and for the next months, we are now in April, have tried to contact them for information about the sale. The number of 888-500-5005 is no longer ATM. My husband located the owner of the company in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. We will provide this information in a lawsuit format. Jessica Johns is the name of the person we have contacted. We have a number that is now disconnected. Yes, they are a sham company and something should be done to put them behind bars. I tried to go on their website and it is comes up modified. I wanted to see if the other two properties were finally listed. Of course, I can't get through. Yes, I would like to get my $2, 000.00 back. Anything anyone can do, please HELP!

• Do
      24th of May, 2008

I feel like an absolute idiot but yes, we've all been had. I spoke with a "Patrick" who took at first I refused, then he called back a few weeks later and told me he had a couple interested in my timeshare. I fell for it, authorized him to take $500 and here I am, months later and when I call their supposed phone number (888 500 5005) I get a phone recording telling me the service is not connected. Scam artists. Do we have any recourse?

• Pa
      29th of May, 2008

Oh boy... why didn't I read this before falling for this scam??! Please include me in your class action suit!!!

My story in brief:
    I was contacted by David of Prestige in Feb, 2007. We got tossed around with that company for several months...until I made enough noise (filed a BBB compliant in Oct, 2007) so that they finally agreed that they could "no longer make me happy and would pay for another time share marketing company to sell my timeshare" in December, 2008. They agreed to pass along my money to American Timeshare (of course I had no idea that these two companies were related in any way).

First Patrick from ATM called and basically made fun of the "scam" that Prestige was running and assured me that I was in good hands; next Jessica DeCaprio called to say that there were going to work hard to sell my timeshare and she was sure it'd be sold within 90 days. Even gave me her yahoo address and asked me for pictures of the condo. On Jan 2nd, Jessica (DeCaprio) said there was "no offer yet, but several appts are set-up for next week"... and that's the last I ever talked to a real person there. Many messages have gone unanswered and now there is a recording that this "cell number" (??) is no longer a working number.

We need to take action folks!!