American Swiss / default product

1 South Africa Review updated:

I bought a 9ct Twinsets wedding ring for my wife on the 27th Aug 2008 for the price of R3750 cash. It was about 5min before closing time so we as well as the sales lady of the shop was in a hurry. My wife just fitted the ring in the shop and placed it bach in its holder and we went home. She only took it out the next day to show it to her friend and that was the time when she saw that one band was missing as well as a diamond stone on one of the bands. She didn't wanted to wear them until the Sunday of the 7th Sep when they would have been blessed by our Pastor.When I went back to the shop the 29th of Aug, the sales lady phoned the regional manager a guy by the name of David who wasn't very helpfull at all. I decided to phone his boss, a lady by the name of Nicole who also wasn't very helpfull. She promissed to get back to me on the 1st of Sep 08, but she never did. When I phoned her the 2nd Sep 08, she said that I had to wait because she was still trying to sort someting out for me. All I want at this stage is my money back so that I can go to another dealer, because I feel that I wasn't treated as a customer. That is a lot of money for somebody like myself that is unemployed.

Comments

• Ro
      8th of Jul, 2010

I am deeply disgusted with the service that am getting from American Swiss.

On the 25th June 2010 I bought a ring from American Swiss. It was and engagement ring to my fiancé. After purposing I decided to take the ring to American Swiss to get it resized on the 28 June 2010, it had resized from its Standard size of “M” to “I” after waiting a WEEK, I finally got the ring back on the 2nd July 2010 to find that the ring had only dropped one size. When I clearly watched the shop keeper marked the package to an “I” this is a SIX SIZE drop. How can you make such a big mistake like that? After complaining and being promised the world by the Aerial Manager, I dropped the ring off at American Swiss on the 5th July 2010. Last night after being promised that I would get the ring correctly, I went to go and pick up the ring on the 7th July 2010 the size is now correct, but now there is a Flaw in the ring. We are now entering the second week waiting for this.

I just can’t comprehend that after being promised that a service will be carried out and still I have nothing to show for it. Its now like they just want to get it over and done with.

Does South Africans have any ground to stand on when purchasing a product and requesting a service and gets disappointed. I feel cheated and disappointed, its like going to a restaurant and ordering a nice big meal and you get a kiddies meal, then after returning the meal you get a snot rocket of note in your new meal that you don’t see but definitely taste. Should my engagement not be one of the happiest times in my life, or is this the message that American Swiss carries out, that “that don’t buy a ring from us because we will mess up your big day”. Is that the message that American Swiss is trying to get out?

• Di
      3rd of Nov, 2010

American Swiss Liberty Midlands Mall, Pietermaritzburg
    Upon deciding to purchase an engagement ring in May 2010, my Fiancé and I went to American Swiss hoping for superior service from a long-standing company with that “supposed reputation.”

We chose our rings and requested them to be re-made in 18ct white gold. For every lady this is supposed to be a surprise. I visited the branch and asked the sales lady “Dee” and she said, “No, I told your boyfriend that they could not make his ring when he came to pick up your ring.” Surprise now ruined. Keeping this to myself I waited. The ring was supposed to come through for my birthday – June 16th. Ring arrived a week late and my Fiancé’s plans ruined. He then decided to save it for our Anniversary in September. The ring was too small and a diamond was put incorrectly. The store had the ring from 5/10/2010 – when she said she would have it re-made and make it urgent and have it ready by 9/10/2010. He arranged for a proposal. The ring then came back with 9ct white gold instead of 18ct. The ring was not ready for 4 weeks and the proposal was set for the 30/10/2010. The ring was still not ready on the 28th. The store had to have it couriered to Pietermaritzburg. My poor fiancé was set to pick it up at 4pm on 29th and it arrived late because it had not been over-nighted. The ring arrived after 5pm on 29th. Set to proposed on the weekend he noticed that the band now was thinner on the part where the 18ct stamp was. Now from what we can see, it looks like the 9ct was buffed off and the band is unequal.
    This service is unacceptable and if we do not receive appropriate response we will take this further.

May 2010, my Fiancé and I went to American Swiss hoping for superior service. We chose our rings and requested them to be re-made in 18ct white gold. For every lady this is supposed to be a surprise. I visited the branch and asked the sales lady “Dee” and she said, “No, I told your boyfriend that they could not make his ring when he came to pick up your ring.” Surprise now ruined.The ring was supposed to be ready for my birthday inJune.Ring arrived a week late & Fiancé’s plans ruined. He then decided to save it for our Anniversary-September. The ring was too small and a diamond was put incorrectly.Returned on 5/10/2010 – when she said she would have it re-made and make it urgent and have it ready by 9/10/2010. He arranged for a proposal. The ring then came back 9ct white gold instead of 18ct. It was not ready for 4 weeks and the proposal was set for 30/10/2010. The ring was still not ready on the 28th. The store had to have it couriered to Pietermaritzburg. The ring arrived late at 5pm. Now from what we can see, it looks like the 9ct was buffed off and the band is disproportionate. This service is unacceptable and if we do not receive appropriate response we will take this further
    Vani Thaver the area manager was very rude and unhelpfull.

25th of May, 2011

American Swiss in Mimosa Mall Bloemfontein is PATHETIC!!! I ordered my ring in the BEGINING OF FEBRUARY 2011. The lady said it would be 4 weeks before my ring would be here, after 4 weeks not hearing ANYTHING from them I called and asked if the ring was there, the lady then told me they did not yet STARTED with the making of the ring and said I must wait another 3 weeks then after the 3 weeks once again not hearing ANYTHING I went in to see what the problem was then the Lady showed me documents stating I will receive my ring on 15 April 2011. few days before 15 April she called me and said the ring will only be here at the END of MAY!!! not giving me very much information WHY!!! Today 25 May I called again the ring is STILL not there... and they are not sure when it will be here????? how pathetic is this? does it really take THIS long to make a ring bigger????? I will never in my LIFE again order ANYTHING from this branch again a particular woman is very rude!! PATHETIC all I can say

• Cu
      11th of Nov, 2013

american swiss in curcus traingle in Amtata i bought a ring and they say they got one size, ok i wanna cancel and go somewhere im going to use it on weekend but the lady the said she can not i must wait someone to autherise it monday which i dont understand coz its a cash

• Ab
      24th of Jan, 2014

My fiancé proposed on the 22nd of November 2013. My engagement ring was big so we took it back to AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT where he bought the ring. We were told the ring would be sent back to the supplier the Monday and would take 2 weeks to return. The sales lady said she would call us after 2 weeks to come and collect the ring. Two weeks later we didn’t hear anything from AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT. After two week with no feedback from AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT my fiancé then decided to call them to follow-up. The sales lady said that she wasn’t sure if the ring arrived and would have to check in back and would call us back to inform us whether the ring arrived or not. Once again nobody called us back. Later that day my fiancé called again to enquire about the ring and was told that ring is at the shop and that the sales lady forgot to call him back. All well good he went to collect the ring.
    Monday for the first time I wore my ring to work. With everybody excited and impressed with ring everybody wanted to see it. But then one of ladies ask if I’d notice that one of the stones/ is missing. My heart dropped when I looked at the ring. One of the stones had fallen out. I was embarrassed because everyone started asking me where my fiancé bought the ring and if I am sure it isn’t a Fong Kong(fake) because real expensive rings stones don’t fall out. Ok so fine diamond missing we take the ring back to AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT the sales lady apologies and sales they will send the ring back to the supplier to replace the stone and the stone falling out could be a result of the resizing and that it will take another two weeks. Ok fine I guess there’s nothing I can do the ring has to go in to be fixed. For another two weeks I had to be humiliated as people congratulate us on our engagement and ask to see the ring with still no ring to show.
    Two weeks later the ring comes back it was round 20 December. My friends had invited us to John Dory’s to celebrate the return of the ring and our engagement. My fiancé goes and fetch the ring at AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT while we order wine and champagne. When he walked back into the restaurant I could immediately see the disappointment on his face. He gave me the box with the ring. When I opened the box I could instantly see the stone they had replaced the one that had fallen out with a stone that bigger the rest of the stones. Once again my heart dropped and the embarrassment sunk in. I couldn’t understand how AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT calls us to pick up the ring when the ring isn’t fixed and has another fault. My friends told me to take the ring back and go choose another ring at another jeweller but how I could I do that, that was my engagement chosen by my partner just for me.
    So I asked to be accused from the table and go to AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT. I asked the Sales lady on floor for the manager. While waiting I explain our dissatisfaction with the ring and service. Filled with emotions of disappointment, embarrassment and anger I began to cry. The Manager came out of her office and spoke to the other sales ladies. Seeing a customer in tears didn’t boarder her as she turned and went back into her office. I asked the sales lady why the manager is ignoring me as I would like to return ring and am unsatisfied with the service we are receiving. The sales lady asked me to calm down and tell her exactly what I wanted. I told her I do not want the ring as I already humiliated and refuse to humiliate myself any further with a funny looking ring. The sales lady said a new ring would be ordered in my ring size and that in the meantime I could wear that ring. I was in shock wear the ring who would want to wear such a ring? Do not understand the humiliation I have been through already? Still at this stage no Manager. The managers name of AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT Is NICOLENE DELANGE. I walked out the shop confused not understanding what had taken place and why the manager didn’t even bother to speak to me to try to better the situation especially for the fact that I ask to speak to the manager specifically.
    In early January 2015 we got a call from AMERCIAN SWISS Head Office asking us to fax or scan them the proof of purchase of the ring as they received the ring but needed the proof of purchase to confirm the date the ring was bought. My fiancé asked how they could ask him for the proof of purchase surely AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT should provide them with this information and not the customer. My fiancé told the lady from head office about our experience with the ring and how it left a bitter taste in our mouths. The lady from head office said she would sort out the issue with AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT. About an hour later we got a call from AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT asking us to fax or bring in the proof of payment because head office needs it and they don’t have the information. In disbelief my fiancé said he would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible because he could see how it is affecting me he went to American Swiss the same day to give them the necessary paperwork. The ring was in packet where it had never come out since 20 Dec 2014 they asked for the back as they needed it as proof or something. Today is the 24th January 2014 and we haven’t heard anything from AMERCIAN SWISS AT RIVERSIDE MALL IN NELSPRUIT and still not a word from the Manager NICOLENE DELANGE.
    Our wedding was suppose to take place on the 28 Feb but i had to move the date because i still dont have ring. My name is Abigail Charles and this is unacceptable.

• Vi
      17th of Sep, 2014

I must say I am really shocked and disgusted with the competence of your staff at American Swiss in Bethlehem. Both of the 2 branches. I bought a watch on the 16th of September 2014 at your branch in town. A few hours later I went back to have it made smaller. When we got there I noticed that the watch was not working. The battery was dead. Then she couldn't open it and she had to run to the jewellery store next door for help.???? They told her that the battery was dead, but after the watch was opened, it wouldn't close again?? What kind of stock are you selling???? Why doesn't the staff check the watch before they sell it to the customer. So she gave me the watch back and I had to sort it out the next morning with the jeweller. Pathetic if you ask me!!! Pathetic!!!

Then I saw an Anne Klein watch the next day in the window of American Swiss in the Dihlabeng Mall. I bought it and ask the lady to make it smaller for me. First she was in the back for how long just to remove one link. When she came back it was still to big and I asked her to remove one more. Then I noticed that the links were coming apart???? What the hell was she doing with the watch in the back??? Then she took it to the back again, just to waist my time some more, came out and told me that she cannot take out another link. I was so disgusted, I took my watch and went to our local jewellery store. There he told me that she had put a short "pen" between the links, which he had to remove and replaced it with the correct size. He eventually made my watch smaller as I requested. Seriously people, what the hell is wrong with your staff??? The whole time I was standing there customers came in only with complaints!!! Why do you appoint people who is not capable in doing the work correctly and up to standard?? If your figures has gone down the last few years, now you know why!!! I am really disappointed in American Swiss!!! I don't know if you respond to this, but I would really like to hear from you. Vickey Nel

• Le
      5th of Dec, 2014

I am extremely dissappinted with the service i got from american swiss Riverside mall Nelspruit. My husband bought me a watch for my birthday after two days the stones on the face fell out and i returned the watch so that they could ve replaced. I was assured that the watch is still under warranty and they would send it for repairs. After waiting three months for the watch i was phoned to come and collect. Firstly the lady was extremely rude and when she took the watch from the packet the stones were not replaced! BUT they have replaced the battery on a brand new watch. I was told they would send it back for the repairs to be done. After a month of not hearing from them i went back to enquire and it was found that the watch was never send back. Once again the sales lady was very rude. They have no left me no choice but to take furthenr action. And if necceassary i will have to take legal steps against them in order to secure a refund. I am extremeky unsatisfied with the service. I have had a new watch for 6 months now and out of that six months it was o ly in my physical possession for two weeks!