American Summit Capital -- Loan Modification / Fraudulant Company

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

Stay away from this company. They are nothing but scammers. They scammed me out off $4, 200 for a loan modification which I never got. They never even contacted me after they took my money. Forget about calling them. They do not answer, nor return your phone calls. There is no attorney that you can talk to. They say you have to be evaluated first. The evaluation is nothing more than a sales pitch filled with lies. Then they try to collect money from you and don't guarantee anything in writing, but they will in words. Try to hold them to their words and their response, "that's not in writing." I was told that I was going to get a rate in the 4.0% range and my principal balance would be reduced. They stole my money. I have reported them to the Attorney General and have been following up on this. I was informed that I am not the only one complaining. There has been a total of 28 complaints similar to mine. I can't wait until justice is served. They can't keep preying on homeowners that are struggling with a financial hardship. I was desperate and made a desperate move to give them $4, 200 of my hard earned money. I was taken adavantage of and hope to see justice soon. Don't be taken by these scammers.

Comments

• Je
      25th of Apr, 2009

The company has an attorney who backs them by the name of Roger B. Haglund, II ESQ. American Summit Capital has never done a loan modification for or spoken with the person for whom this complaint is filed. The company further offers a 100% Money Back Guarantee in WRITING! American Summit Capital stands behind their ability to accomplish the modifications they take on, if for some reason a modification is not available, then the retainer fee is REFUNDED! This complaint has zero merit and we ask the submitter to contact us immediately for resolution as we hide nothing.

• Ta
      25th of May, 2009

I agree with the above statements. The 100% money back guarantee is a joke. The check they wrote me bounced. They have made numerous excuses and promises that have not been kept. Currently, I am handling this in small claims court.

• Je
      10th of Jun, 2009

Again we invite the real poster of the complaint to come forward as we have had NO client with the name of Tammie and John Timmons. The purpose of the complaint board is to file a legit complaint against a company. ANYONE WHO WISHES TO SEARCH FOR A SUIT MAY DO SO AS IT'S PUBLIC RECORD AND SEE THERE ARE ZERO SUITS!

• Do
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I AM A NEW CUSTOMER AND HAVE EXPERIENCED AND AM EXPERIENCING EXACTLY WHAT ABOUT CUSTOMER IS TALKING ABOUT. NO ONE RETURNS PHONE CALLS OR E MAILS JUST TO SAY NOTHING IS NEW. I AM PERSURING LEGAL ACTION ALSO TO SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE. DONALD SAN DIEGO

• Do
      3rd of Aug, 2009

FILLED COMMENT ABOVE

• In
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I've had problems getting paid by R. Haglund for work I've done regarding paperwork intake for loan modifications. Don't trust any organization associated with Haglund. This includes Chase Residential Solutions who used Haglund as their lead attorney. I know, I worked with both companies.

6th of Feb, 2010

I have the same experienced w/ American summit capital. I've been contacting them thru emails, phone calls they gave me but it's been disconnected. It's beena burden in our part waiting n hoping for our loan modification result but nothing but a scam. I'm scared wat will happen 2 my 5 kids. Where I'm gonna live them now knowing that my house will be forclose soon. I hope somebody out their to do something to funished this scammers. Josette Isidro, Winchester California