American Standard / americast products!
I purchased the 38" Sillouette 5 years ago. I liked that it was the large sink design. I undermounted it under a beautiful Silestone countertop. I immediately bought the web protector and sink rack for the large side. At the time the sink rack for the small side was unavailable. The sink within the first year was chipped when a pan dropped on it from about 5 inches on the small side. I'm incredibly disappointed with this product. 5 years later the finish is dull and scratched. The American Standard sink rack has created rust stains on the bottom of the sink. We use non abrasive cleansers and non scotch pad sponges to clean it trying to get a few more years out of it before we rip it out and ship it to American Standard's R&D.
I have friends with cast iron sinks that are new and 75 years old that look great. I think that the Americast product should be taken off the market. American Standard is taking a huge reputation hit with their Americast products. American Standard - don't you get it? I've called customer service as well and have gotten the same infuriating treatment.
I spend my spare time now trying to think how I could get a cast iron Kohler into the same opening without destroying my granite counter. Argh!
More American Standard Complaints & Reviews
- American Standard / Americast Sink - do not buy american standard sinks! 
- Homes American Standard - fraud
- American Standard - home mortgage take over payments 
- American Standard - american standard housing 
- American Standard - rent to own 
- American Standard - liberation repair
- American Standard - 4215a toilet tank
- American Standard - toilet
- American Standard - toilet leak
- American Standard - americast sink