American Standard Online / unfair practice

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This website does not assist at all!! Saw the attractive listing on Craiglist and call right away. The man that answered me assured me that the "rent to own" thing will be great and its a "Win Win Situation". Paid the $199 and logged in. By doing that, you are signing automatically agreeing to the terms (No refunds). Waited 5 days until they will re post any listings in the area that I want. Once you find the desire location, you need to call customer service which they the end...AMERICAN STANDARD asking you to write a letter addressing the homeowner soliciting to use them as "THE COMPANY THAT CAN AVOID ANY FORECLOSURE ON THE HOUSE"
What a scam!!!
Looking forward to expose them for what they are!! SCAM!!
A.B
New Jersey

Comments

• Le
      22nd of Jun, 2011

I also AM being scammed by American Standards - I have gone to and directly spoke to the owners from the list and out of 25 discussions THE HOMES WERE NOT IN DISTRESS - They thought I was crazy and some even got "hostile".

Bottom line is that a FRAUED LAWSUIT could be done under the FALSE ADVERTISISNG ACT because thye houses ARE NOT available.

If any attorney wants to take this bunch of these people on - We can ALL MAKE OUR MONEY BACK AND EVEN MORE, and can have the owner of American Standards arrested and prosecuted.

• 0 Votes

I just got off the phone with rep "Derek Smith", agent number 2034. He seemed really friendly, until I started asking questions. Everything sounds too good to be true and my application has already been approved when I was asked nothing of importance except my debit card and billing info ( he claims everything will be found on the website). At this time, I am currently looking for a place but the debit card number I gave him has 49.00 dollars in funds...naturally, I asked if since there is a 199.00 fee will i be charged now he keeps fast talking me and assuring me that I will not receive any withdrawals until I access the website and find a place.I keep trying to ask questions but he keeps directing all questions to be answered by the website...however he is able to keep asking me over and over to verify my card information.

I finally notice that he is getting flustered especially everytime I ask a question so I say, "sir, im only asking these questions more than once because it sounds a little too good to be true and to get more clarification, as you have asked me over and over about my card info." He then says its fine and proceeds to ask about my card AGAIN. I ask him what is the problem, he lets me know that the card is declining. But...you wasnt going to take any money from me...I asked that in the beginning. He starts being really rude and says well if you dont even have the funds to do this then why are you looking? LOL... really?1. you said nothing will be taken until I do the registering on your website 2. i asked for more clarification a few times and youre so busy trying to get me on the website that you are rushing, leaving out an important part of your scam. 3.this is an active account, but thank God it declined because while he was talking something told me to come to this website and got a chance to read these reviews, making it easy to hang up in his face.

FUTURE PEOPLE BEWARE IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.ANY PERSON SELLING YOU ANYTHING WILL NOT LEAVE KEY INFORMATION OUT WHEN DEALING WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WILL TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW 199.00 WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOUR ACCOUNT BEFORE YOU HANG UP FROM A FREAKING CALL.It's a shame that there are people out here that look to take from unsuspecting folks.

• El
      8th of Feb, 2014

WARNING!!! This company now records the number you are calling from, and if you call from a blocked number, they will either not answer the phone or will get an automated message stating the number is disconnected. If you call this company just to screw with them, do it from an anonymous google phone that DOES NOT connect to your cell or home phone!

• El
      8th of Feb, 2014

This company now will record and call back the number you call from. If you call this company, even if it's just to screw with them, DO NOT CONTACT THEM FROM A HOME OR CELL PHONE! Contact them from a google phone number that DOES NOT connect to your home phone number.

This is easy to do. Set up an alias google account. You do have to put in a legitimate phone number in order to get a google phone #. But once you do, go back to your regular google email account and get a phone number for it and use the same home / cell number as a forwarding number. Once you do that, it will remove your home or cell number from the alias account. Also if you do this, make sure the area code you choose for your alias is not one within your state. Be careful and protect yourselves. These scams are being run from the Philipines and I believe American Standard Online, Anchor Financial, and others associated with that scam might be being run out of Australia, but I haven't not yet been able to confirm that for sure. It's possible they are all being run out of the Philippines by the same people running First House Financial and Sun Financial Online. That might make is seem safe, however, the people running First House Financial DO have a few relatives living in Southern California. Hide yourself, protect yourself, DO NOT give these people ANY personal information of any kind.

• Da
      6th of Mar, 2014

I reported it to craigslist. i told him that i am a computer tech and couldn't find his website and is what a scam or phishing website. he yelled at me saying i was not a good computer tech if i couldn't find his website. he got made when i refused to give him my credit card number.

****************************************** SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM*********************************