American Signature Furniture / HORRIBLE QUALITY

1 Bear, DE, United States Review updated:

My boyfriend and I purchased a couch at the American Signature Furniture on Rt 40 in Bear DE about a month or so ago. We had great service at the store from our sales rep Scott. However the problems started when we got the couch home. After getting the couch into our newley finshed basement we got the couches out of the box put them together (it is a sectional) and realized they had given us two different color couches. I couldn't believe it but we figured hey it was an honest mistake. So we took the couch back to the store and they exchanged it for us. So since we figured it was an honest mistake we decided to purchase a TV stand there as well. We actually got $50 off for the problem with the couches. Well we finally picked out the one we wanted and they said they wouldn't have it for a MONTH... okay I can deal with that. It was supposed to come in on March 4th... no one called us... so we called them on the 5th. They gave us no explanation to as why we were not contacted. Anyway we went and picked up the new TV Stand and got it out of the box... I immediatly saw scratches and dings all over. It looked like it had been through 5 years of use. So then we realized that the doors do not shut... I can't even belive this is happening. I am planning on going in today to tell them how horrible they are. Two times when we get home and have to make a return of the furniture we have purchased from your store. Unaccapteable.

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2010

I agree about the poor quality of furniture and service. My husband and I purchased a 5000.00 bedroom set with a 1000.00 mattress set that we were told was a very, very good set. Well, we haven't had a good night sleep since! We toss and turn all night long. When we wake up we're sore all over and aching, which makes for a bad day! We did complain several times, put it didn't do any good. They paided this young man to come out and throw a tape measure string across our bed and we were told that the indentations were not deep enough to do anything about our problem. My husband and I are in our early fifties and I have to truly say that this is the worst purchase we have ever made! Every day when we wake up is a reminder of that.We do plan on purchasing another one but, it WILL NOT be from American Signature Furniture! We will go to the mattress pros! I'm not satisfied with the quality of my wood bedroom suite. We have moved it once and i noticed it had chipped in a couple of places. It seems so brittle. I and other family members have more complaints also, but i don't have time to go into it.I thought i could vent and let somebody know about our matress problem. By the way, we paid cash for that whole purchase and i wish we hadn't . I would have told them to come and get it!

• Lu
      3rd of Feb, 2010

I bought a bookcase and included the delivery because they said they will assemble the furniture. All I got was a closed box because the delivery man said he was not suppose to do it. Ok, I took the challenge and tried to assemble the bookcase but surprise the hardaware quality is so bad that all pieces were broken. I called them 3 times and they always said the supervisor will call me back, but did not. I finally went to the store and they suggested to go to home depot and buy the hardware ( they will reimburse the sum).Frustrating... even more for a 120 pounds girl trying to assemble a 100 pounds bookshelf by herself.