American Servicing Company / Terrible company

1 Po Box 1820, Newark, Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-842-7654

You all have heard horror reports. I will not even explain i got screwed three times. Beware of the representative telling you someone will cal to do a mortgage modification. When they call you think they are with the bank then they charge you $600 non-refundable upfront fee. They are a third party. I understand it is illegal to charge a up front fee but I have not verified that the Florida statue is a little vague.

When I spoke with ASC the following week about a payment they claim they did not get even though Fedex had a signature and it cleared my bank. I was told they put my mortgage payment was put in a suspend account until they received my escrow payment which they already cashed. Now I am reported 30 days late on my credit. My score went down 50 points and I am in the middle of refinancing commercial buildings I own. EVERYONE ON THIS SITE HAS BEEN SCREWED. Why don't all of us write our senators, congressmen, Obama and get under the freedom of information act FOIA a copy of our recorded conversations. If you say you are GOING TO RECORD THEIR CONVERSATION THEY WILL NOT TALK TO YOU. I filed a complaint with the attorney generals office. before i filed the complaint they claimed they lost the recordings of me authorizing them to take money from my bank account. Later in response to the complaint they claim they have a recording. Now I have to get an attorney and they know most people can not afford it especially after dealing with ASC.

Ru

Comments

• De
      15th of Jun, 2007
    American Servicing Company - They just want to steal your money!

My home was financed by Wells Fargo a few years ago, then I started receiving information to refinance with American Servicing Company. Only to find out that they are one in the same company. They try to appear like they are trying to help you but they are not. They just want our money. Then on top of that I kept complaining about not being able to pay my mortgage on line. Now they have the service available to find out but with a $10 fee. That is just outrageous. I've never had a fee charged to me to pay a bill on line. This is crazy and show how but they could give a damn about their customers.

• Ha
      21st of Jun, 2007

I agree. This is 3rd company my mortgage has been transferred in last 10 month. Everytime they sell mortgage each other, service get worse. I've never heard of any body charge $10 fee for each online transaction.

Only way to avoid the fee is to make payments through automatic pay.

17th of Dec, 2007
    American Servicing Company - Can't get hold of anyone
    2709 Palalani Place
    Pukalani
    Hawaii
    Phone: 808-250-2222

I need to speak with someone about my mortgage. If I cannot get hold of someone who knows what they are doing, I will end up ruining my credit and foreclosing. I have a buyer, the deal is set on my house, and I can't go through with it because these people will not let you talk to anyone past a front line clerk. I fear I am dealing with crooks.

If you haven't had to deal with these people yet, DON'T DO IT'!!!

• Ea
      17th of Dec, 2007

They are going to take your house that is the whole plan even if you have a buyer they are going to drag there feet and burn the candle at both ends until they can and will fourclose on you. They do not care about you or your future trust me.

27th of Dec, 2007

My son is going through this right now... no one wants to assist him with this loan by these people.

• He
      28th of Dec, 2007
    American Servicing Company - Hold times are horrendous!
    American Servicing company
    p.o.box 10388
    Des M
    Iowa
    Phone: 866-398-7569

I have called their 866-398-7569 (a number they instructed me to call, 5 or 6 times only to be on hold for more than an HOUR! One time I waited an hour and 45 minutes for a Customer Service Rep to answer! I mailed in paperwork on 12/1/07 and now faxed in paperwork on the 18th regarding my mortgage and I still have not received a response from them regarding my mortgage. When I do get through after hours of waiting they say someone will call me. No one has called me. Last week they put me on a list for them to call me back in 72 hours... never happened.

I've paid my mortgage on time for 2 years and they can't even pick up the phone!

• Va
      9th of Jan, 2008
    American Servicing Company - Terrible experience!
    Des Moines
    Iowa

My husband an my self ask for help from this co.in june 07/. I got a mammogram that needed to be evaluate. My husband contract the America's servicing co. We send in a extra $500.00 more than the mortgage payment, that when it started with extra monies. June we received a letter from them that the payment was going up from $1,400 to 1,800 a month, we ask for help with the payment send in the paper work for financial hardship we were denial, next month the foreclosures letters start to come we save our house by filing bankruptcy to save our house.

9th of Jan, 2008

Please get a grip I am so tired of people upset about check by ph is is for a convience, do you remember when you signed your contract you would pay your bill on the first of the month and late fees asst on the 15, so why did you not mail your payment to avoid paying check by phn. Yes no one is trying to make a profit people want to do things for you free.

9th of Jan, 2008

Hey you are saying someone doesn't want you to do a short sale, hey when have you made the last payment. Oh yes the world rev around you please if you have a good deal and you present it to loss mit then guest what and it is a deal that can be worked they will contact you you may be one of these people home is worth 1000 and you what them to settle for 250 that is blance.

9th of Jan, 2008

Oh yes you are the only person in the world and yes they owe you something when have you made a payment and how many plans have you broken and do you know anything about life. Please grow up and pay your bills and stop crying about life ok you have said your peace how much money do you have to help your self and oh yes it is christmas and you want to pay for gift instead of paying for your home please.

9th of Jan, 2008

Again do you rember the contact you signed, and you wanted to make your own repayment plan not approved you decided to pay 500 extra WOW, but did that 500 bring you current and oh yes you filed bk, guess what when you miss that chapter 13 payment and call money comes due let's see what will be said then, you are over extended and you need to sell the home, where in your contact they owe you help you signed a contract stating you will pay and then when times went bad you did the American dream you filed bk, ok when you miss that payment and mtrg is given and your investor ask for money or fc guess what you still have just lost all that money you are not saying. But again they owe you the world get a grip charlie brown. Good grief. Again home owership is not for everyone.

14th of Jan, 2008

Denise, I don’t think the customer’s complaint is that she cannot pay her bill or that she is crying about her life. Unless you have some inside information on her account, there is no mention of broken plans with this company. This is a board dedicated to people who have a complaint and want to voice their opinions. I think she just want a little customer service. If a customer service agent said that they were going to call back, then that is what they should do, even if it is to say that they are still working on the problem. It sounds like you are a customer service rep for this company or another company that is experiencing the same issues with their customers. If you put yourself in her place, it is kind of frustrating to need mortgage information or try to resolve an issue that may be time sensitive only to run into one brick wall after another. I worked as a customer service rep for a mortgage company and eventually, due to previous training experience, designed and taught new hire and continuing education training in the mortgage industry.

My suggestion to you Heidi would be the next time you get an agent on the phone, ask the agent for their name if they do not offer it in the beginning of the call. Call him or her by their name several times during the call and personally ask for their help; example (“…Gladys, my issue is…. Do you think you could help me with this? I really need your help….”). Do not tell them how long you were waiting for an agent or how slow or incompetent they are. Customer service agents are verbally abused on a daily bases. Just state your needs and call them by name. This way you develop an ally and not become just another complaining customer. Think of your call, not as a complaint, but an issue that needs a solution. This is just a thought.

14th of Jan, 2008

Unless you made a payment arrangement with the company, your additional 500 dollars would normally be recorded as an additional principal payment to reduce your principal balance and not towards your next month’s payment. Many mortgage servicing companies do not accept partial payments. As for foreclosure letters, they normally go out after 3 missed payments. Bankruptcy is an option, but most servicing companies do not what you to foreclose. They cannot make money if payments are not coming in. My suggestion would have been to talk to the loss mitigation department (if they have one.) They would have some papers for you to fill out and work with you on a payment plan to get you back on track. Headships are kind of hard to get. You have to understand that the mortgage company is in business to make money. A payment plan will be meeting them half way, kind of a win-win situation.

14th of Jan, 2008

Most servicing companies do charge a $10.00 servicing fee for phone pays. This is one of the ways they generate revenue. The only option is the one you mentioned and that is an ACH or rather an auto draft. This can be a good option due to the fact that most companies give you 3 or 4 options to pay, like the 1st, 5th, 10th & 15th of the month. I will have to agree with Denise here in that you did sign a note stating that you will make payments on or before the 1st of the month. 14 of the 15 days additional allowed to pay is truly a grace period.

14th of Jan, 2008

Give me the contact number and an address for this company. I have heard so many horror stories that I have just got to try and talk to them. I tried to search the net for a contact number and am not sure whitch number to call.

• Iv
      17th of Jan, 2008

IM AM SO SORRY, THIS COMPLETELY INSANE. HOW MANY OF US PAY BILLS ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE AND ARE STILL CHARGED A FEE?? ME!!!! I WORK FOR ASC AND THIS IS NOT THE WAY IT WORKS, THE REASON WHY THERE IS A FEE IS FOR PROCESSING THE ELECTRONIC CHECK PYMNT. U SHOULD GET INFORMED BEFORE YOU WRITE SOMETHING HERE...OR EVEN ASK US WHEN U CALL NEXT TIME WHY WE CHARGE A FEE...INSTEAD OF MAKING US LOOK BAD!!!

• Ro
      18th of Jan, 2008

I'm sorry you work for such a disreputable company. this financial institution is the worst for customer service and trying to help their customers. I only hope that with all the problems this country is having with the housing market that ASC is one that gets hit hard by the federal government for fraud. as for making your company look bad, no one has to that the company does it for it's self. you should be looking for a new job soon, because this is a company that will end up like ENRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21st of Jan, 2008

Ivan, you have issues. If you are an example of the employees at ASC then I feel sorry for the company and any customer that has to deal with you. I have been in the customer service/mortgage service business for a number of years and I have never met so many negative employees as I have at ASC based on the comments you and other ASC associates have written. You must understand that these customers are the reason you have a job. You rally do not need or deserve a job where you have to work with people. As for the statement that the cost of a phone pay being a source of revenue for the servicing company is not insane, it is reality. Yes, they do have to pay a fee for the check processing, but it is a fraction of the amount that they receive for the phone pay process from its customers. The more you talk the more you show your ignorance and how much you don’t know about the mortgage servicing industry. Also, I would recommend you take a course on sentence structure and English. Again you are showing your lack of intelligence and making your company look bad. Take the time to think before you speak.

14th of May, 2008
    American Servicing Company - Unfair mortgage practice!
    302 N. 28th st.
    Colorado Springs
    Colorado
    Phone: 719-473-1765

I had emergency heart surgery on Oct. 28th, 2017. I was in and out of the hospital from Oct thru Feb. 2017. During that period of time my mortgage jumped from $875.00 to $1194.00. I have not been able to refinance because I used credit cards to live on until I could get back to work. I asked ASC for a modification of my loan because of my circumstances and it has been financially difficult since my mortgage payment jumped. I have never been late on my payment. Tory Scott a Negotiator for ASC told me today that it does not look like my loan can be modified because I don;t have enough income. Yet I have been making the payment of $1194.00 monthly.Plus Tory Scott has run me thru the ringer with requests for paperwork, telling me she has it then telling me she doesn't and not returning my phone calls Due to Tory Scotts unwillingness to work with me and lower my payment to what it originally was. I have come to believe they want me to foreclose. The United States is in a world of trouble with all of the foreclosures and I would think that mortgage companies would be willing to work with people who are trying to keep their homes and make the payments even if it means buying less groceries and doing without a lot of things in life all because I am paying on a ARM and ASC is not willing to work with my situation. Yet I keep making the ungodly payment or lose my house and end like the rest of the million americans in the same boat.

• Re