American Servicing Company / Fraud, not paying escrowed taxes

How about this... My loan was transferred over from Wells Fargo to this American Servicing Company and after several attempts to get this straightened out, I am still having no luck with them. My taxes are escrowed into my mortgage loan and being paid but American Servicing Company for Wells Fargo does not pay the taxes at all! Despite taking my money for 2 years, they have yet to pay the taxes that are included in my payment. What a scammers.

Comments

12th of Apr, 2007

American servicing, they should all be put in jail. They don't know the truth if they fell over it. They have been trying to foreclose on my home for the last year. Forced place insurance to holding back payments till they were late. They would tell me they never got them, I sent proof of insurance and payment in full 12 times. I know that must be hard to believe.

They put me on a repayment plan for 1 year, the plan would have me pay back more than what they said I owed. I would LOVE TO BRING A CLASS action . Anybody out there want to join me? They don't return calls, answer mail, they don't e mail, only fax. Then they give you the wrong fax number. So it will go to some other state. I don't understand why they are still around. This can't be something new. I think they only hire people who can't read, or add.

Do they have a sheet of paper that gives them a choice of dumb things to say ? Please anyone, if you can help me .

Mary in S. Fl.

• Pa
      15th of May, 2007

I'm re-paying taxes too and paying more than the taxes. AND I just received a delinquent tax bill from the county for the same taxes. Apparently they didn't pay them, yet I'm re-paying them and more...

• Je
      1st of Oct, 2007

i have been reading all these complaints and im in total shock that this is happening to so many people. i thought i was the ony one until i found this site.i need help and i do not know where to go. i am being taken advantage of by asc. it is almost like they do everythig in their power to purposely forclose on your home. someone please tell me how to fight back. i am at my wits end.

jeanine read

• Al
      10th of Oct, 2007

This company is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. I am filing numerous complaints and plan on refinancing my home just to get away from them. For the agent of this company that said only folks with poor credit go through this company, I would like them to know that I have A+ credit and like everyone else, was pushed into dealing with this scam company through a mortgage transfer. I too am dealing with these folks paying my property taxes and have been on top of them for the last 2 months. Suddenly this month my payment has changed and I cannot find a number to reach these folks. If anyone has the 800# or any number for that matter please post.

Alicia.

• Ze
      28th of Dec, 2007

AMERICAN SERVICNG COMPANY CURRENT MORTGAGE HOLDER. IN THE FIRST YEAR I HAD A MORTGAGE WITH AMC. THEY CLAIMED I DID NOT HAVE INSURANCE ON MY HOME ,I HAD IT. I SENT IN PROOF AND THEY JUST OVERLOOKED IT. MY PAYMENTS INCRESED BY 600.00 FOR TAX AND INSURANCE I PAY ON MY ON. HAVED PROOF. ALL OF MY PAYMENT WAS PLACED IN A SUSPENED ACCOUNT, I HAVE 2,000. OF INSPECTION FEE'S AND MIS- OF 211.00 FOR NO REASON EXPLAIN. MY SUSPENED ACCOUNT HAS OVER 5,000. BUT I HAVE A NEGATIVE ESCROW ACCOUNT ON 3,000. I OWE ALL OF 4,000 FOR MORTAGE PAYMENTS.NOW I AM UNDER FORCLOSER AND I HAVE BEEN PAYING MY MORTAGE EVERY MONTH AND I AM STILL GETTING FORCLOSED ON. THERE ARE TAKING MY MONEY!!!! ALSO THEY ARE USING MY ACCOUNT AS A ATM MACHINE.........I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

• De
      9th of Jan, 2008

Please people tax and ins have to be paid again this is silly if you are a responsible person and you have money in susp. Then why have you allowed any one to just keep your money please , have you picked up this thing called a deed and not and goosh did you do this thing call reading it is fundamental smile yu people slay me eveyone is trying to take something from you if someone said to me i don't have insurance and i do i would get proof and i would be credit and not paying your taxes do you remember the letter you recieved requesting you pay then they placed forced tax or ins on your home that you were told and in black and white you need to pay again guy read , oh no the big bad mortg company is to take care of you. This is why we are in the shap we are in now because no one wants to man up.

• Al
      14th of Jan, 2008

Denise Miller, I have no idea what you are saying. Your sentences make no sense. Please re-read your comments before posting them.

Now, as for the statements on taxes and insurance with mortgage servicing companies; if you have an escrow account and funds are accumulating in that account for paying your taxes and insurance then the liability is with the mortgage servicing company. I would suggest that you call customer service and request a copy of your mortgage history statement be sent to you. This statement will tell you how much has been paid towards principal, interest and escrow. If you see where they have funds in escrow and are not paying taxes and insurance, you may want to request that they close your escrow account, send all escrow funds back to you and you can begin paying them. Generally, most mortgage companies will allow you to close your escrow account if you are current with your payments and have not had any late fees in a 12 month period. When you call this company, ask the customer service rep for the manager of the escrow department. Just remember that you will be responsible for supplying proof of tax and insurance payments to the mortgage servicing company annually. If the taxes and insurance is delinquent due to your servicing company not paying them causing penalties, then you may want to consult legal advice. In my opinion, the taxes and insurance is your responsibility, but delinquent and late fees are the servicing company’s responsibility.

DISCLAMER: This is just my opinion. Please do not try and hold me accountable for anything that I say – it is just my opinion and not professional or legal advice.

• Ka
      10th of Jul, 2008

I lost my home because of American Servicing Company. I went thru a mortgage broker to do a refinance, and was sold at the table to these awful people. I was told we could escrow taxes, but when we got to closing, they refused to escrow. We fell behind because of financial issues, and got onto a repayment plan. We were able to make every repayment plan payment, and bring the loan current, payment was over $2800.00 a month. We then continued on making payments. Again we had financial issues due to my husbands business, and fell behind, I called then to ask for help. They had me do a financial statement, based on the financial statement, we were negative $1000.00 a month in income. I then sent them back the info. We made our next months payment, but I knew that I was going to be late with the next one, so I called them. They said fine, we will notate the acct. I called to make the late payment, and got transferred to a live person, can you believe it, a live person. I was told by that person that based on the info provided on the financial statement that they could not except the payment because we run $1000.00 in the negative every month. I said, " Are you kidding me, I calling you to make a payment, and you won't accept it"! She said, " Mam we show that you can't make this payment so we are not allowed to take it. I was speechless, what was I to do then. Well I mailed the payment in to them, and they sent it back. So because they would not accept any payments from me, they ended up foreclosing on us this past Feb. 2008. They are awful people, and I don't know why the government has not done something about them. I am now on the hook for the short fall, due to the market, of $125, 000.00. I hate what these people are allowed to do to hard working families in this country and get away with it. Class Action Suit sounds good to me. I am in.