Comments

• Co
      11th of Jun, 2010

I used to work for American Residential Communities (Affordable Residential Communities) and it was common practice to say whatever to get people to move in to hit your monthly quota. Most of the people out in the fields do what them can to keep their jobs since commissions are being slashed and staff is being cut. I'm sorry you went through that, but at least you didn't sign up for a lease to purchase or finance your home from them. That is the worst.

• Me
      28th of Jul, 2010

I used to work for them too and they also not only treat there residents like crap but they treat there employees like crap as well. They say things to get people to move in but when they do get people in within like the next 6 months the rent goes up twice. I will never work for that company again and I feel sorry for whoever does.

• On
      9th of Sep, 2010

I have to agree with all the above. I worked for them for many years. Talk about a rip off. They threaten the employees. Make promises they never keep, and the community managers are all very dishonest.

Run FAST

• Ar
      24th of Sep, 2010

For more on ARC please comment on and view my Blog at www.ARCcomments.blogspot.com

• Ca
      15th of Nov, 2010

I have interviewed with them twice and the last time told I had the job, I quit my job and then was told, oh we decided to keep looking to fill the position. They would not tell me why, I have always passed backgroung checks, but a month later I notice the positions are still open. I feel like I put alot of time and effort into trying to get hired by ARC and they just got their jollys out of messing with me. After reading the above comments, maybe it was a blessing in disguise!

• Re
      21st of Dec, 2010

I apologize it took me so long to get back in contact with you. Upon investigating your concern of the home needing to be leveled we have looked at the home and it has been determined that the home does not need to be leveled at this time. The door problem you reported is due to the hinges that are worn; to my understanding of your other email the maintenance person was over there already and this has been repaired.
    The carpet needing to be stretched is another thing you reported to us, and the community will be contacting you to set up a time for this to be done.

1. There is not one professional person in this community that can ascertain the condition of my home relative to whether or not it needs leveling. No one has done anything more than a drive by to look at this problem. Just who made this determination?
    2. The hinges were not worn, or they would have replaced them. The door had dropped due to my home settling (foundation).
    3. Repair persons here are “handy men” and not professional levelers.
    4. No one here or dare I say within the ARC companies are not members of the Foundation Repair Association (FRA) nor do they even know they exist.
    5. Why would your team here verbally promise anything they or you have no intentions of fulfilling?
    6. As to being a valued customer, is to say I pay my debt to you in a timely manner, nothing more.

• Ic
      26th of Dec, 2010

I too am a former ARC employee. I was set up by my manager and district manager and terminated. I was told that I was being terminated because I took the company truck home. I live on site and was told by my manager to take the truck home and clean it for inspection, aftewr doing this I was let go. I don't have a problem with this as I was looking for another job anyway. I still reside on an ARC property and I help all residents who ask with issues that they have with ARC policies. The one I get the most complaints about is the 3 day notice. It says on that notice that your rent is pass due and thy include late chrges on this notice, however if you read your lease your rent is not pass due until the end of the day on the 5th of the month. There is no need to complain about any rules that are being broken in the community as nothing will be done. It is ARC policy to tell it's residents what ever they want to hear just to placate them.
    Work orders when they are done are done so badly that I now don't even complain. The bad thing is that most of their communities would be the ideal place to raise a family, but If I were you I would look elsewhere before signing with ARC, one you move in you will be just another forotten resident.

• Ta

Jacksonville
    Florida
    Phone: 9047773440
    aboutarc.com

In 2009 excited to be a new homeowner I set out to find where my daughter and I were going to call home. After searching several communities we landed in Deepointe, Jacksonville, Florida. We bought our home through a private owner who at the time had warned me about how horrible the management was with their bookkeeping and to keep close records on my invoices as well as payment history. I began this practice from day one and have kept a constant log of all monies paid to ARC. Upon closing I saw exactly what this gentleman meant. The community informed me he was over three grand in debt to them. They told me I would have to pay his debt being the new owner. Upon contacting the seller he went to management with his records and was able to prove he was not in the rear and did not owe them one single cent. Let me go back by saying prior to our buy myself and my father went out spoke to neighbors trying to get a feel for the residents and the community as a whole. Even went as far as to sit late night in the driveway to see if it showed a different side once the street lights came on. For the most part it was a quite community.

Since moving into Deerpointe I feel as though it is hell on earth. Since living here I have heard of the multiple murders that have taken place within the community. The house next to me was set on fire (arson) while the owner was gone out of state over 48 hours. My three year old daughter was sexually assaulted in the front yard. The community bought the home from the 16 year old boys family that assaulted my daughter. Giving them an easy out and a good reference for their next residence I approached them about buying my home (as the victim) and was told NO. They do not understand even two years later my daughter is now five still remembers this incident and has night terrors. We are still in the same community as the perverts family (cousins) who took my daughters innocence and have to pass their home daily as there is only one way in and one way out. Since then ALOT of thing have happen in the community unfortunately I try not to dwell on them so this report is NOT the full story.

I have a biracial child and one of the people they moved in was from a redneck part of Florida came and bashed out my boyfriends tale lights. Now I know this was not something within their control however, I feel they could screen their residents better. Shortly after this incident I got an email notification on a Sunday that a pedophile had moved in our neighbor hood. I contacted emergency maintenance and the regional manager to tell me there was nothing myself or my neighbors could do they would handle it the next business day and do not post flyer's. It took a few days we do not know if he is out of the community due to his parents owning the home. His address has changed in the Pedophile watch website.

Recently... There was a pizza delivery man robbed with a shotgun right by my house, cars are being shot, homes and cars are being broken into, lawn mowers, cars and children bikes are being stolen etc... My car was stolen from my driveway two Sundays ago. After this there was a shoot out involving 30 teens and young adults. A bullet missed my daughters head by only a few feet and went into the side panel of the vehicle she was standing in front of. Not even a week later as I am looking out my window this past weekend I see a teenager jumping on my neighbor seven year old daughters bike and taking off throwing the helmet.

I have gone to management several times they keep saying that they are going to put security in place and more cameras. Our street is the darkest on the block and all neighbors have requested they replace the bulb in our light they tell us this isn't their responsibility but the local electric companies. All residence on our street have called electric company with no luck. This should not be our responsibility the office needs to follow up on this.

The office has yet to address the community as a whole via letter or meeting as to what is being done for our protection. After the (Thursday evening) shooting I spoke to the office for them to say they were not contacted. Later in the conversation she tells me only one call was made to emergency maintenance. Forgetting she just told me that there was no contact made by the community to them. This should have been all it took for this is the only number we have available to us for after hours. I know better though, my neighbor did have the regional manager personal cell and contacted him. He asked if anyone was shot or killed we could not answer that for there was still an investigation underway. He then ended the call.

After my car was stolen I called the office to report it. A man in the office said he would have me a new mailbox key the following day since it happened on a Sunday. This was not done till Thursday. On Sunday in our conversation he said he would speak to the manager about helping me with my rent. I was due to start a full time job the following day across town and my daughter was starting Kindergarten. A week and half later after me reaching to the office on multiple occasions and going in physically after work I was told that it would be like someones home getting broken into and them replacing stolen TVS. They will not help me on my lot rent nor will they wave the late fees. I may be close minded but I do not feel that is the same. My daughter has to get to and from school and I need to get to and from work (it took me over a year to find this job) the bus system does not come out that far. A shuttle does and it just was not adequate for our needs. With that said I made the decision to rent a car. I am basically working for free just to keep my job for when this passes us. It is not like I am using one of their dwellings just a lot and if I had it my way that lot would be empty. I will not sell to a family because as a Christian I refuse to put another family through this.

Since the recovery of my stolen car that was involved in a hit and run and I have a great description from an eyewitness I went to the office to ask if any of the residence matched the description. I told her I knew of one and the lot they resided in for her to tell me yes they live there but are not the ones on the lease. Then why have you not got their info and done a check on them? She also told me she would not give me the information and several residence matched the description. To me they have NO interest in protecting us nor fixing the problem at hand.

Today when I called management again about my lot rent and asked them if I made some sort of payment arrangement with them if they would wave the late fees. They then told me no. When I said so not only am I without my car (it was totaled in a hit and run) but now I need to be prepared to loose my home the manager said, No you just need to be prepared to pay our fees. What a crock of Sh*T. I understand as a business you are there to make money however when you are not protecting, listening to or communicating with your residence this chaos is what you get.

I do not recommend anyone ever move in here. They have been through more managers in the three years I have been there then I can count. They have no empathy and will tell you what you want to hear to rent to you or to get residence out of their office. I have made several calls to cooperate office in Denver, CO and asked the neighbor for the regional manager cell number and left message there. It has been almost two weeks without no return call.

• Fo
      26th of Feb, 2013

I live at the arc in NSL utah. they are nothing short of a vampire company sucking the blood out of this community. When I moved here before arc bought this complex my total payment was $285.00 per month. My last bill this month was $750.00. that is an increase of over 250% in 10 years. I live at the entrance to the park, and I get at least one or two potential buyers per week stopping and asking me if I like it here . I tell them to run and run hard, this is the last place you would ever want to live. I own my own place, if I had to pay any kind of mortgage on top of their rent I could afford a $200, 000 dollar house for the same price. I paid $25, 000 for my trailer, because of their rent increases it is now worth only $10, 000. This company is owned by a bunch of greedy bankers that only care about their profit margins. A pox on of them and their families. A black, cold heart deserves no rewards, run and run hard.