American Reading Club / Awful place

American Reading Club claim that back in 2000 I ordered a 5 year subscription which I did not order totally in the amount of $1, 026. Now they have forwarded the account to a collection agency. According to the collection agency the transaction was done over the phone and that I have paid $54.00 for the 1st subscription. I don't recall ever ordering magazine over the phone and I know better to order anything over the phone. Ask the collection agency to show me proof that I ordered the magazine by providing me the credit card number or checking account used. The collection agency would not give me the information nor allow me to contact American Reading Club to get the proof. Because American Reading Club has nothing to do with the account any more. Now the collection agency is will to settle the matter from $1, 026 to $92.68. If I pay the $92.68 they will stop contacting me.

I have contacted ABC 7 at your side in my area to help with this matter. If anyone else out there experiencing the same problem with American Reading Club. You contact your local news media to report them. Also if anyone has other suggestions of reporting them to a government agency.

An

Comments

• Cl
      23rd of Jul, 2010

I just received a call today for a police office name agent Brown from an law office call District Legal office telling me that she has a warrant for my arrest for a account that I have with a company name ARC back in 2006 I made this agreement over the phone with some credit card and then the card number change in Nov. 2006 and that is when the payments stop. She also stated that I can pay this account off today for $200.00 so I ask her for the phone# to ARC and she told me that she have the account now and would not give me the phone# if anybody know what a person can do about these people please help a sister out.

• Cl
      23rd of Jul, 2010

I think that Complaint can be a good thing because it help other who might be going through the same thing with a company.