American POS Leasing Corp. / Scam and fraud!

1 Destrehan, LA, United States Review updated:

I can say ditto to the other reports on American POS Leasing Corp. They are a scam or con to suck you into a 4 year unbreakable lease! Beware. I worked through another company, never received a copy of the lease agreement and only found out later that I owe this company money on a four year lease. I did not have any equipment, yet was told that I owe money for the leasing of the equipment. Now I am told I owe money to this company that has done nothing but take mine.

Va

Comments

• Am
      27th of Feb, 2008

I agree, I also do not have any equipment. Never dated the lease. And i still owe $500 for 2 more years. SCAM!!

• Me
      21st of Mar, 2008

I am in the same boat. I just tried to cancel the lease and you can't even pay a fee for early termination you have to pay the whole amount.
    Even cell phone companies let you end your lease for just a fee. That's what I get for signing a lease like this. Never again!!

• Ge
      10th of Apr, 2008

What a ripoff- I saw the contract, but I figured if you were going out of business they would show you a little mercy. Forget it- they want the entire amount-so-I bought the domain name posleasesucks.com and put up a website- have a look.

• Je
      23rd of Oct, 2008

Absolute scam company. The worst experience I've ever had. Makes my skin crawl when I think of them. They charge for equipment that they never deliver, software that you never see and a lease date in the contract that isn't clarified. Trying to call them to resolve anything has been met with the most unwilling of reps.

PURE SCAM.

Stay far far away. And if you're already stuck with them, I'm sorry to hear that.

• We
      4th of Nov, 2008

Can not believe what scam this company is. They feed on the naivety of people starting small businesses and once they have you in their grasps they will not let go. Businesses like this are the reason so many small businesses go under in the first year. DO NOT GET INTO A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY.

8th of Apr, 2009

I only leased from POS for supposed gateway that never worked right, and when my company closed, I was stuck paying on the 48 month lease. Now they say I have to pay 10% buyout !!! Also they are making like I am stupid that I don't know my own contract, when I personally know it is a lease contract NOT A PURCHASE !!!
    I am done paying the 48 months. Also they illegally charged me the last 2 months! On the phone the gal is complete _______ !!!
    STAY CLEAR OF THIS RIPOFF.
    If there is Class Action contact me fastmailforjody at yah

• Ra
      27th of Apr, 2009

THEY SUCK!!! They are the biggest Scam I've ever seen!

27th of Apr, 2009

Total crude and they also continue to say you owe money you do not owe them!!! These people have harrassed me and I do not owe them a dime!! Illegally charged my bank account.
    Best deal is to file with State Attorney General regarding consumer abuse. 225-326-6482.
    If you agree that the State Attorney Generals should be able to impose fines on companies with numerous complaints such as these, ask your local Congressman. It was an idea of mine that really is needed to put unfair conglomerates on their toes and where both regular people and the government can get more issues resolved.

• Ra
      22nd of Jul, 2009

with all the companies going out of business, its too bad these jerks are still around.

• Df
      30th of Oct, 2009

Let me start with I feel for all the people here that have lost their business. It is true that owing money for a business that no longer generates revenue is an undesirable position at best. I want to be clear. I have worked in the POS equipment sales industry for some time. I often talk to customers that want a POS system but have little to no cash to pay for it. I refer them to a leasing company who decides on their credit worthiness and ultimately pays me for the equipment and the service I provide. The leasing company continues to own the equipment until the business owner pays the agreed upon lease payments. Its simple if I get paid 6k they get paid 8k. I just do not understand why the expectation would be any different. When one goes out of business if you owe Sysco 10k for food you purchased and used is your expectation that they will feel sorry for you or give you mercy because you went out of business. POS equipment is expensive and very labor intensive hence the large price tag. It is not a cell phone that the company recouped its investment on after the first payment. A cell phone is a contract not a lease. I can’t deny that this company may misrepresent terms of the lease or use the opportunity to take advantage of a inexperienced business person. Nor can I comment on the sales strategies they use to make sales. But I think its clear that the culture of borrowing money and being confused about having to pay it back is the motivation for these kind of comments. In order to avoid confusion and educate potential lease customers. An equipment lease, when a leasing company pays equipment or service provider on your behalf is like a loan plus interest. You do not own the equipment until you pay the last payment is made (generally a percentage of market value or 1 dollar depending on the terms of your lease) The lessor is required to maintain the equipment and will pay for all service costs unless they have a service contract with the equipment provider. If you go out of business or do not pay for the lease for some reason they will pursue you to finalize the lease with all due payments. If you signed a personal guarantee to secure the lease they will pursue you personally for the payments even if the business is in bankruptcy. Best bet pay in cash or as much as you can in cash. Put the rest on a bank credit line or credit card (the interest rate is generally lower anyway) Consider the cost your pos 5 to 10k for an average 100-seat restaurant in your opening budget. If you don’t have it don’t get it. If your business takes off then you will quickly be in the position to afford it without going into debt.

31st of Oct, 2009

Failed to realize I paid these jerks IN FULL !!! wtf...and I did not have any equipment!

• Md
      18th of Apr, 2011

I leased their equipment, then bussiness went south. So I cancelled the lease, turned in the equipment and made a pay off in spring of 2001. WAS informed the contract was closed. Just found out April of 2011 that they had a judgement against me on December 2001 for $2400.
    I was never notified of a hearing, a court date, nor served in any fashion. I am in the middle of refinancing my home and can not proceed due to no one having any informationdue to this being a 10 year old case.

• Ar
      14th of Aug, 2012

I cannot believe this company is able to be in business. I was told to call my rep who would pick up the outdated machine. He would never answer my calls. The company never gave me any resolutions. They continued to take money out of my acct. When I called the company the owner insulted me and said this is why he does not like dealing with small businesses because they are stupid. I now believe that the rep and the company work together to scam you! All I can say is that they who do evil will get their just rewards in the end. You get what you sow in the end. My store is no different than any other comment that I have seen.

12th of Jul, 2013

We were out of our lease. They kept charging is a monthly fee even though we have'nt used the machine for 1+ years. We sent the machine back, faxed the "cancellation request", and woke up this morning to them charging my bank account $300.00! They are rude. Do not enter into an agreement with them!!! Scammers! I have tracking number on the machine I sent back, contacted the BBB in their area, and the FTC. Not sure how they get away with it!!

• Sc
      24th of Mar, 2016

This company has a major SCAM going on. I don't even have the equipment and they keep deducting lease payments from my bank account. How do you stop theses CROOKS! Now I can't reach them (Sam), to get them to stop the auto payment!!