American Passport Express / $ 300 for the emergency service and no passport!

We ordered an emergency passport for my husband on the website above. The emergency passport is a passport which you are supposed to get in 24 hours. We shipped it overnight on the 2nd of October. We shipped it with Fedex as to the company policy of American Passport Express.

The passport did not arrive until the 4th of October at 10.30 am. When I did not receive the passport on the 5th of October as promissed by the company I called in the afternoon. They told me they just got the paperwork and someone would take care of it and they would ship it on the 5th. I called that evening and it had not been shipped. Noone had called me. They told me I should pay additional money to have it shipped on Friday to receive it on a Saturday however they are not even shure if Fedex delivers in my area on a Saturday. I told them my husband does leave on Sunday with an airline ticket paid for $ 8,000 for an important businesstrip. I complained about the service they offer, They did not handle the paperwork for 1 1/2 days and now they want more money. They HANG UP on me!!!!!!!!!

I called again and they refused to give me the name of the woman I had talked to. They insisted on more money or they would not ship the passport.

It is Friday the 6th now, 10.30 am and the passport is still not shipped by American Express Passport. I am trying to reach the supervisor but he pretends to be on the phone all the time and does not speak to me.

I paid over $ 300 for the service- an emergency service!!
Please post it on the web and tell people not to work with this company.
Thank you.

D  21st of Oct, 2009 by
First off, don't be an idiot. Get your passport BEFORE your book your trip. Also, the company NEVER promises anything. APE works with the government. The government gives them a time line but if the government delays processing than its not APE's fault. US citizens are pretty air headed when it comes to dealing with the government. Also, FedEx is one company and APE is another. If FedEx delays your package it isn't APE's fault. If you send it via USPS it is more likely to get lost. I work for a company that has USPS packages sent to US and too often the package are misplaced or delivered to the wrong address.

Also, yes, the agents do work directly with the passport agency (in person!). They speak directly with the person at the passport agency regarding your application.

I was close to missing a trip because I had a delay with getting my passport. It wasn't APE's fault, they weren't asking for the additional information...the government was. Had I missed my trip it would have been my fault. Now I know better. Hopefully you learned your lesson but then again, probably not. APE is the middle man when it comes to processing a request. It was their fault your package didn't show up on time. This is an issue you would have needed to take up with FedEx.

Aside from that...SMARTEN UP AND REALIZE YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE GOVERNMENT! The government couldn't care less about you and the trip you are taking. Aside from FedEx being to blame (and they may not be to blame if you checked 2 day delivery), the only other person to blame is yourself for not getting everything you need, especially your passport (the most IMPORTANT documents needed for an international trip) BEFORE your trip.