American Online Yellow Pages / Bad service

110 West 9th St. Suite 518Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
1.45

This company called one of our stores and spoke to the assistant manager, telling her they needed to confirm our contact info for an online listing, although we never solicited their advertising. She gave them the contact info and they asked her to verify they could post, and she said yes. We then received an invoice for nearly $500 for this listing, which includes nothing but our address and phone number, not even a hyperlink to our website. The employees there are incredibly rude, and they continuously try to scam businesses into advertising with them. They are currently trying to force us to pay them although we never desired the service or authorized the charge, as our assistant managers do not deal with advertising. If this company calls you, hang up the phone.
Va

Comments

Ar
  12th of Dec, 2008
I strongly, strongly, strongly agree!! Once they say they are from America Online Yellow pages hang up as fast as you can!!
They got me... (also not authorized to approve advertising) I told the sales 'dude' this that I wasn't authorized to ok this, but conveniently they only record the parts of the conversation that they need. Now our company is out $500!

and they are INCREDIBLY rude when you speak with them. I hung up on them twice because they wouldn't listen to me, and kept talking over me. threatening to send us to collections.

Our listing too is incorrect, they have a website address, but it's no ours?!?

jerks!
Ms
  2nd of Jun, 2009
I have the same issue.
Sp
  2nd of Oct, 2009
It is a well known fact that dealing with telemarketing agents can sometimes be one of life's most stressful and stagnating experiences.

Harassing calls, threats and use of obscene language can pressurize you to the edge and moreover, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer or even be pursued to disburse for a debt that is not rightfully yours.

There are limits on how far telemarketers can go, that is why we provide information on how to put an end to telemarketer calls and more efficiently, how to correspond with them about your account and/or to dispute a collection action and can teach you what are your rights in terms of privacy.

You can find out more information on our website: www.spgconsultants.webs.com

By informing each other, we protect each other.

Sincerely,
Re
  28th of Jan, 2010
I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow pages. I was looking online and found a cool website that your business can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike and he has a ebillboard and he is happy with his ebillboard.