American Moving Services / Refuse to refund my money

1 1909 Harrison StreetHollywood, FL, United States Review updated:

I hired American Moving Services for my move - big mistake. They told me that the pickup of my stuff would be either June 12 or June 13. I told them it was very important, and that if those dates couldn't be met, I would have to make other arrangements. They told me the pickup would be on one of those two days.

When June 13 came, they called to say they would not be doing the pickup that day. They said that one truck had a mechanical problem, so they would have to delay the move AT LEAST 7 or 8 DAYS. They could not even guarantee that the pickup would be that soon.

I told them that we could not wait that long, and that we would have to make other moving arrangements.

Their manager told me that if I did not wait for them to complete the move, they would say that I "cancelled" the move, and I would forfeit my deposit.

I had paid a deposit of almost $1, 000 for the move. They told me that I had two choices: (1) wait for them until they were able to do the move, which could be weeks, or (2) give up my entire deposit.

I made other arrangements for my move. I have been trying for almost a month to get the deposit back, but they refuse to give any of it back.

They did not honor the pickup dates we agreed upon, and now believe they are entitled to keep my deposit.

Va

Comments

24th of Jul, 2008

We tried to send you a truck on June 13th but you refused it because it was 5 Pm and you wanted it in the morning. We then told you to either wait for the next day and you had told us it was too late ypu already hired another mover..You are the one and only complaint we have on The Better Business Bureau and thnaks again ken for false information

13th of Aug, 2008

COMPLETELY AGREE! They gave the same excuse to me that the truck had a mechanical problem. THEY ARE A SCAM AND I'M LETTING EVERYONE KNOW.

• Ta
      25th of Aug, 2008

Lily, our CS, stated verbally that the deposit was to be verified and held until moving day, it was instead cashed immediately. The moving company then did not arrive during our contracted window of time of either the 17th or 18th of August. Spoke with Jay, Eli and Joe and was told reason for delay was "I don't know." I was told nothing would be done to complete contract. Joe refused to create and send a new order for service or a new arrival date, despite the DOT laws regarding movers. Joe stateddidn't know when the movers would arrive, ignoring our contract. I stated this was unacceptable as the lease was out on my house, the roof was being torn off and it was unlivable, and I had a job to beginning on a established date. Joe and Eli were both extremely rude and uncaring. I was told tough luck and then no calls were returned or answered. 48 hours passed without any communication from this moving company. This resulted in extra expenses and having to hire a new moving company at the last minute in order to complete my move as scheduled.

Misrepresentation of company: Same company two different BBB accounts. Address listed 1747 Van Buren St., #720, Hollywood, FL 33020 AND 8201 Golf Course Rd NW Ste D3-344, Albuquerque, NM 87120. Bait with the AA rating of this company and switch with the D rating of the FL address.

Other Numbers: (954) 923-2955, (888) 668-3990

CS rep who assisted us- Lily D. ext 103
    Manager: Eli Ash at NM number
    President list as a Jessica Szachniuk - will not answer or return calls.

• Ta
      25th of Aug, 2008

In addition they are under indictment from the FBI in FL!! Be glad they never came or you stuff would be god know where!