American Mall Model Search / Not a scam.

1 Review updated:

Well I think it's BS that so many people say it's a scam, Well if you wanna act or model you need to learn how to know not everything is real. But we're gonna have to go threw stuff like this. It's life. I don't feel like it's a scam. It's fun. If you thought you weren't gonna pay for anything. Well sucks to be you. Almost EVERYTHING makes you pay for something. I feel like a lot of people are pissed off they didn't make it and you had to pay for thee photoshoot. Okay, So if you wanna get a job with acting and or modeling you need photos they simply helped you. If you were gonna wanna pay like 1, 000 for a couple pictures be my guest. :) I haven't made it yet I'm waiting on thee results but if I don't make it. I'm not gonna come on here and blaaah about it. I'm gonna smile and know I can always try again.

Comments

• Ry
      Nov 12, 2010

Hey so i liked what you wrote. anyone that goes off saying EVERYONE who didnt get accepted thinks it's a scam is confused about the real reason people are concerned with the idea of a scam. What really caught my eye was that you said "I haven't made it yet I'm waiting on thee results.." does that mean that you did the runway and repeated your lines, then got chosen, paid to get your pictures taken and NOW you're waiting to be chosen??? how does it work? I have been scammed before with jobs and i always hear to run if they ask for your money. But it seems you were a little more open minded then i was and went thru with it. whether or not you make it, i kinda want to hear how you feel after the fact. If you get chosen i wanna hear what it looks like from there. I'm nervous to even take the first step but at least if you make it thru I'll at least know it wasnt a scam, whether or not i pursued it!

• Ry
      Nov 12, 2010

***that comment was in reguards to the AMMS post***

• Lu
      Feb 15, 2011

hey girl,
    i was in this compition in albuquerque. I just got a call last weekend saying that i won. So no it is not a scam and i feel bad for the people that didnt go through with it. Its not a waiste of time. i agree with you if you are serious about being a model you have to go through with it. I now have a one year modeling contract. im excited and im glad you wrote this cause all the other ones were getting me mad.

• Li
      Feb 16, 2011

i totally agree with you! i had my daughter try out and found them most helpful & willing to talk to me. I had her auditon at another place and they wanted me to pay over two thousand dollars to go to florida and have a chance for her to win cash & prizes. I also tried at John casablancas and they wanted a big down payment plus a monthly pmnt for classes. then i saw this @ the local mall, and took a chance. When they called me, i was excited and so was my daughter. we went for the auditon and there were alot of people (kids) trying out. we went in with the attitude that it was a fun thing to do, I actually paid the $150 for the photos and was very impressed with them. went on to the fashion show, had fun, the people from AMMS were very friendly and helpful. Especially Nick. I don't think if it was a scam he would have taken the time to take a pic with her for her scrapebook or even say hi to us in the mall when we were there just shopping. we loved the experience and would do it again! even my sister got treated nicely and her questions answered. because she missed the photo shoot, they even told her where they would be next so she could bring my niece there. scammers would have been like "oh well!" nothing we can do about it...

• Li
      Feb 16, 2011

p.s. even if we dont get it, we won't bad mouth the company!! and they never promised anything!! loved the experience!!