American-Leisure / SCAM & RIPOFF

1 Pensacola, FL, United States Review updated:

I too do not know how this company got my information but before I knew it they were charging me a monthly fee on a credit card...when I called to have the money refunded...you will get an automated response telling you to press "1" to cancel your membership or go to cancel.american-leisure.com ...that is the only option you will get when calling so it seems that this is set up to be a scam from the "git-go" These people should be tracked down and prosecuted for illegal practices such as this!
This is certainly not a service I would have ever signed up for as I am a single woman trying to support myself and this is a luxury I could have never afforded!
This so called service is a disgrace to any legatimate business!

Li

Comments

• Li
      2nd of Sep, 2008

yeah this happen to me too, this website just pop out on my statement from the bank, I dont know how to track down this idiots, but when somebody track them down i am so sure that they will rot in jail for what they did, and i'm going to report this to the authorities, and i am going to hunt these guys down, before more people will get hacked

you can email me at js112892@yahoo.com if you are interested to help me hunt these guys down

• Je
      16th of Sep, 2008

I am also one of those people who has a charge on my statement for this website. I tried to call to cancel and get a refund but have not been able to talk to anyone about it because I always get a voice mail. I would like to be one of the people who helps track these folks down, because I and a disabled person and only receive a social security check. I don't have the time for this kind of bull, not to speak about the money they are charging me. This is crazy. Just tell me what I have to do.

• St
      17th of Sep, 2008

HEY EVERYONE WITH THIS COMPLAINT / I HAVE YOUR SOLUTION

There is a number that you can call for both the American Leisure Company and the Easy Saver Company. Somehow I got routed into this crap but I got their number and I just called and put my telephone number in and verified my mailing information with a lady and I spoke to someone live after a one minute hold time and they cancelled both the American Leisure and Easy Saver. It is kind of a scam to get you out of money but you can cancel it because I just did.

The number is 1-877-564-8538.

• El
      7th of Oct, 2008

There is also another number you can call to cancel and they will have you speak w/ a live operator it is 877-844-9554

• Lo
      16th of Oct, 2008

I also am dealing with this American Leisure Co. and Easy Saver. Stephanie and Elizabeth above are right. I called BOTH #'s and cancelled through each of them. And then I called my credit card company and they are working with me on it too. He called and said that you can speak to a live person there at 877-564-8538 between the hours of 9am and 9pm Mon-Fri. I intend to call and speak to someone tomarrow, but I am hoping to get this whole issue resolved tomarrow

• Kr
      30th of Oct, 2008

I just got off of the phone with a live operator (877-844-9554) and she agreed to cancel the unknown membership and refund my $34.00.She said we had ordered something named viapran and the American Leisure and Easy Saver was a benefit with this paid by the month.I told her we ordered nothing of the sort and I wanted it cancelled>I had to get pretty hateful, but I am going to get a refund.Make sure you get a confirmation#.Good Luck

• Pa
      31st of Oct, 2008

I want to cancel this american leisure. I tried to by
    web - cancel.american leisure. site not available.
    Tried again and was told it could virus my e-mail.

17th of Nov, 2008

I just cancelled my membership by the # that is on my credit card statement, which by the way I do not know how they got my info too. I signed up for the Easy Saver but don't remember the American Leisure. I just tried the two numbers from the previous comments and both are no longer in service.I will contact my credit card and make sure they don't charge again.

• Cr
      31st of Jan, 2009

I too got snagged by american-lesuire and easysaver.com.
    I was told that my credit card # was chosen because my credit card payment history was excellent and this was a reward program. Trail offer for 1 month for $1.00, review 30 days than monthly membership fees each month thereafter until I called to cancel. My account was charged $1.00 on 1-28-09. I tried calling and only got recording about "cancel.american-lesuire.com". NO SUCH WEBSITE. Even though it has been stated that the above #'s are no longer valid, I will not give up pursuit!! I will post results after next attempt.

• Ti
      11th of Apr, 2009

EZ Saver & American Leisure are both a scam from the same company. Waych out for usingyour banking information / credit cards online with any of the sites such as e-bay, pay pal, etc. This scam has happened 2X to myself & my husband. The first time was on my bank card after I had made some online purchases from ebay using pay pal. I had to jump through hoops to get everything cancelled. Even after it was supposedly cancelled, I received a few phone calls at home saying I was chosen for a promotion since I had an excellent credit card purchase/payment history. The 2nd time my husband ordered something online from our joint bank account & 2 seperate charges started coming out first each $1.95 and then 1 month later 2 more charges $16.95/each. Still jumping through hoops to get this taken care of & refund the money lost - this has been going on since 12/2008 & still charges are coming out of our account each month. My first problem with them was resolved luckily it was only $1.95 that came out of that account but now it is getting out of control. It is like fighting a losing battle. I have even tried changing bank accounts - closing out this one & starting with a new account. I don't make any purchases online any longer & am rarely using my card. Very frustrating & inconvenient, but until this is resolved not much else can be done other than changing banks/ accounts.

12th of May, 2009

I was also scammed by both American Leisure and EZ Saver. What is incredible to me is that these are the same company...essentially double dipping into our account. When I called American Leisure the representative was very nasty to me. I asked her what State they were located in (as I wanted to file a complaint with the Attorney General in that State..although I didn't tell her that) she outright refused to give me their address or even the State. Any legitimate business would be more than happy to give their address. A legitimate company would want to get feedback from their customers.

I was told by both American Leisure and EX Saver that they are a rewards program. However, we never received ANY information from them either by mail or e-mail. If they are a legitimate rewards program you would think you wold receive SOMETHING from them explaining the benefits.

Frankly I think it is high time that these rip off artists be stopped! These companies are ripe for a class action suit!! They have to be ripping connsumers off in the order of millions of dollars!! I did file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and encourage others to do so as well. If they receive enough complaints maybe the FTC will take action against these companies and put an end to this. I have also contacted our State senator and asked them to investigate these companies. They are nothing but a scam and are vicitmizing consumers each and every day they are allowed to stay in "business".

• Pl
      10th of Jun, 2009

debbie brown i want to cancel my membership #055501115 i must cancel by the 15 of june i cant find how to do this

• Cl
      19th of Jun, 2009

I am so greatful I found this site, I also have had money taken from my account by American Leisure and Easy Saver and I have no idea how they got my information. The first time they overdrafted me and when I thought I was rid of them a year later they tried it again but my banks fraud protection wouldn't allow it. I called there so called company number and I get that annoying atomated machine. These people need to be stopped they are thieves and are taking advantage of innocent people.

• Sp
      16th of Aug, 2009

A trial of stretchmark remover came with this amazing bonus offer subscription to these two services, what a deal! (Sarcasm) Here's how to unsubscribe online:

Go here and type in either your membership number (9-digits) or email address/phone number
    http://crm.encoremarketing.com/cancels/?product=AM (for american-leisure.com)
    http://crm.encoremarketing.com/cancels/?product=ES (for myeasysaver.com)

• L
      20th of Aug, 2009

A few minutes ago, I finished my call to 1-877-564-8538 where I was assisted by a very courteous Amer. Leisure cust svc rep who cancelled both the American Leisure & Easy Savers memberships. I asked for & received a confirmation nbr which indicated cancellation of both memberships (Amer Leisure & Easy Saver). These 2 memberships were obtained as a result of signing on to a radio promotion for GrocerySavers.com . Thus far I have not been charged anything, but will be on the alert for any unapproved charges.
    FYI: 1-877-564-8538 is available M-F 9a-9p EST per brochure I rec'd; likewise for 1-877-844-9554 (Easy Saver). Hope this helps.
    *** L 8/20/09

• Sc
      24th of Aug, 2009

I just called 1-877-564-8538 spoke with someone named Susan. She stated that my account would be refunded for 4 of the charges that incurred but I would have to await a phone call from a superviser to get the rest of them cancelled. She also stated that it would take 7-10 business days before I would receive the credit in my account. I have called my bank to let them know about this so that no more charges will be approved by them. We'll see if this works! Good luck to the rest of you

• Eu
      26th of Aug, 2009

I got these a trial membership for easysaver & america leasure when I ordered hydroxatone. Yes they are the same company because my membership id was the same on both brochures that they sent me. And indeed, the cancel.american-leasure.com address is not valid. What you need to do is this:

For EasySaver: goto www.myeasysaver.com and click the 'Contact us' link, on their contact page you will see a cancel link.
    For American Leisure: goto www.american-leisure.com and scroll to the bottom where you will see the cancel link.

Hope this helps.
    Robert

• Sp
      23rd of Oct, 2009

Thanks ***L for posting how to cancel membership to EasySaver and American Leisure online.

It's so much easier than getting frustrated and waiting on hold for something you didn't order and it allows you to email a copy of the cancellation/confirmation numbers to yourself.

Here is the online cancellation information again in case someone missed it.

http://crm.encoremarketing.com/cancels/?product=AM (for american-leisure.com)
    http://crm.encoremarketing.com/cancels/?product=ES (for myeasysaver.com)

• Ph
      30th of Oct, 2009

Hello All,

I too ran into the same issue of trying to cancel this membership. I called the 1-877-564-8538 number they provided in order to cancel and was forwarded to website: cancel.american leisure.com and found it was a bogus site. Never the less, I believe I have found the correct site to cancel this membership. Please see below.

TO CANCEL:
    Go to: http://www.american-leisure.com/
    At the bottom of the page there is a link that says: Member Cancel Center, Click this link and enter in either your name, id number or telephone # and they will cancel your membership and provide you with a confirmation number. I just did this tonight, so I have yet to see what happens, but at least I have a confirmation number should any other issues arise.

I hope this is helpful for us all...and to those who are trying to run this scam, I hope that they are held accountable.

Thanks!

• Mi
      8th of Dec, 2009

Just called Ameri Leisure 877-564-8538 (stay on the line to get thru to a real person) spoke with Jacob Carter! Cancelled my account and both EZ Saver's and Ameri Leisure Charges of 16.95 will be refunded to my debit card within 7-10 business days! EZ Saver # 877-844-9554! Just in case! Make sure to get a confirmation number!!!