American Legal ServicesFRAUD

1 Review updated:

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM SOMEONE WITH A STRONG MIDDLE EASTERN ACCENT WHO'S NAME WAS SUPPOSABLY KEVIN THOMPSON, I DIDN'T GIVE HIM MY NAME BUT HE SAID THAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH MY NAME AND THAT IT WAS VERY URGENT IT WAS A LEGAL MATTER AND THAT I NEEDED TO HAVE "ME" CALL HIM BACK RIGHT AWAY TO PAY OFF SOME LOAN? FIRST OF ALL I THE NUMBER THEY GAVE WAS A [protected] NUMBER WHICH IS A LOCAL CALIFORNIA NUMBER AND COLLECTION AGENCIES USUALLY HAVE 11-800 NUMBERS, SECOND WHEN I CALLED BACK "KEVIN THOPMSON' S" NAME WAS NOW ALEX, LITTLE DID HE KNOW THAT I HAD LOOKED UP THE NUMBER AND I TOLD HIM HE WAS LOCATED NEARBY WHEN I TOLD HIM THIS HE DIDII NOT WANT TO CONFRIM THESE GUYS ARE IDIOTS DON'T BELEIVE THEM IF YOU HAVE EVER APPLIED FOR A LOAN ONLINE THEY MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN A HOLD OF YOUR INFO AND THEY FIGURE PEOPLE ARE AS STUPID AND UNCIVILIZED AS THEY ARE TO BELEVIE THAT YOU SHOULD GIVE THEM ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OVER THE PHONE, COME ON YOUR IN AMERICA NOW LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH BEFORE YOU TRY TO PULL A SCAM LIKE THIS.

Comments

• Ta
      Oct 19, 2010

I too have been getting calls from the #[protected] middle eastern accent and keeps telling me to casll because there is a suit against my s.s # and name and when i called back i was transfered to someone else who i couldnt understand at all...so far I have had a Dexter Peters and Kenny Rodgers call me...I have repeatedly told them not to call my work and the continue to do so...they also called my daughters # and my cell # and home line...I have asked for them to send my documentation in the mail and they say it can't be done I have only had my cell phone for less then 8 months and land line isnt in my name neither is daughters #...so what do we do about this... Tammy McCubbin

• Ke
      Nov 30, 2010

Please be assured that these calls are not from the law firm American Legal Services, PC based in Washington, DC. According to law enforcement, the people who are calling with this scam are not in the United States at all. There is an investigation underway, and we intend to fully prosecute these criminals for using our name.

• Re
      Jan 11, 2011

I agree, I've received phone calls from the same people with Indian Accents are some kind of foreign accent saying that I committed fruad. I have never committed fraud! No need too! This person was a lady and said her name was Jack Marvin. And when I called the number back that was given It said American Legal Services! These people are scammers. Please Don't give them any of your information!!!

• Re
      Jan 11, 2011

This call was from [protected]! How do we ge these people from calling our home numbers or our cell numbers? I should be a law against them calling and lying. They're the ones committing fruad! They have this accent and you can't understand them. They lie! What should we do, and who do we report them too!