American Lazer Center / Poor customer service, requested refund

1 5310 W. Thunderbird RdGlendale, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 623-218-7000

I was contacted with a $300.00 gift certificate that I had "won" at an aesthetics conference. I scheduled my "free" appt and then paid $169.70 for the remaining upper lip hair removal package.
I scheduled my follow up appointment for 7 weeks out for 10am (the first Sat appts are @ 10am). I was contacted the day prior to my appt as a reminder, problem was that it was not the date I had set. At that time I asked for a refund, as I was concerned that I was just going to be "worked in" when I arrived for my scheduled appointment.
I arrived 30minutes early (trip is 112 miles from my home). There was no one in the reception area to advise. At 0950 an employee came out and I informed her that I was there, and was advised that it would only be a few minutes.
At 10:23 I informed another employee that had now come in (she was the assistant manager) that I would be leaving and would like a refund as my appt had been scheduled for 10am and 3 people had gone in before me. She advised me that I had to submit a letter requesting my refund, I wrote it out and gave it to her.
On 5/21/08 I received a message from Danielle the manager that I would only receive a partial refund since I had received one treatment. She is unavailable to speak with me.

Comments

• Am
      20th of Jun, 2009

Do not ever sign up in the Austin Texas area American Lazer centers. There is one manager named HEIDI, a large woman with an attitude just as big. She is horrible to her staff, her clients and will argue her last nerve if you disagree or need anything. She makes it known that it is YOUR fault the the machines are crap, it is YOUR fault that the procedure hurts, its YOUR fault that the hair is still there and will make you feel like literally spitting on her. I still have 6 visits and will not go back, just because of people like her that are allowed to run this place.