American Laser Centers / former employee warning people..

MN, US Review updated:

I recently worked at an American Laser Centers clinic in Minnesota as a Laser Tech and I would like to warn people to stay away from this company. I am not a disgruntled ex-employee, but as I've been reading all the other complaints since I quit, I realize all American Laser Centers practice the same manipulating sales tactics everywhere - and it's all true. I'm relieved to not work for such an unethical company anymore. Below are somethings I saw first hand:

First off, the pricing is different for everyone. If one person comes in and says they work as an engineer and another comes in and works at a gas station, and both want the same service, they will charge the engineer more $$ for the same service just because they know they make more money.

NEVER come in for a consultation. It's a joke. Clinic Managers are like used car sales people. They don't care about the customers needs, they just want you to spend $$ with them and they DO NOT want you to leave that consultation without buying anything. They will say anything and make false promises to get you to buy.
I rarely saw any customers get good results from the treatments and we as Laser Techs are trained to give customers false hope.

Also, for any future Estheticians looking into working at American Laser Centers, Laser Techs are really hired on to do sales (calls and all), and that's never made clear in the interview. And customers: do not fall for these "coupons" for additional money off the treatment. There's no such coupon and again, they just want you to spend $$ at their clinic.

This is not a company I would recommend to anyone. Please, stay away.

Be

Comments

• Ra
      Nov 26, 2009

I am currently employed at american laser in Albuquerque New Mexico. I agree with every thing that everyon has to say, it is all true and all the companies are the same in every stste. I am being treated so poorly and I am working in a place where I am on the verge of tears every day! I have been there for 4 months and have had three different managers. I was told that my pay was gonna be lowered by two dollars because my sales were not up. I have tried so hard to do my best at this job and help the customers as much as I can. I am being honest when I say about 95% of the clients that go in for treatment are so unhappy with the service they have gotten. I am being asked to upsale these people and it is just so crazy of them to ask for me to sell them more if they are alredy unhappy. I am in desperate need to get out of this place. please e mail me if you have any info or can help me.

Rachael
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Feb 16, 2010

GET OUT now!...It will only get worse. I promise you that...they do not care if it is you or a monkey pulling the trigger on the machine. If you don't sell, you dont matter. Flat out. And any sane, decent, honest person WONT sell these treatments to people BECAUSE THEY DONT WORK. My last day is tomorrow :) And I get to start a job that actually lets me sleep at night...I just feel so bad for these clients. It really is heart breaking.