American Laser Centers / Bad results and custmer service

United States Review updated:
4.55
I have gone to the place in Denver and have never been so upset. On there web site they state that it is pain free, yes on the neck it is but the face wow it its like getting poked by a nail and then some one comes and burns the hole and then they forgot to give me the lotion. My first 6 appointments for a week, a full week my face was red with pimples and I have never had that problem. People at my job make fun of me ever time I’m done with a operation It looks like someone beat me up or some one took a razor after me. Face hurts for a week after as well. So I go in for more treatments after the 6th one and still I have to shave every day. So I’m basically paying $ 3700 to have some one burn my face and then it does not even work on top of it and also I have to have a red face for a week after the procedure. So I have been trying to get a refund and that has been a nightmare. On May 14th I called to ask for a refund, I went down there they took pictures and stated they would submit to the doctors and they would call in 7 to 10 weeks. well 12 weeks went by and no one called so I called 3 different days and finally I got through on August 13th Denver management stated that they need more evidence I sent them pictures as well So 12 weeks go by and I have to call them again and they stated that your request was never sent in. So then this new person states she will submit it and it will take 1 to 2 weeks so I call again and they state nothing has came in and then 4 hours later some one calls from Denver and says its been denied. I don’t think this ever got through to a doctor. And How do I get a refund, Do I take them to small claims court on this?
Br

Comments

Cl
  1st of Feb, 2011
I agree. They did not hurt me as badly; however, they closed their office and took off with about $1000 of my money. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and they never got a response from American Laser. As a result, I NEVER want to pay for any service "up front" again!
Ka
  29th of Apr, 2011
The customer service level and success with treatment may vary greatly depending on which office one visits and what sort of skin type / hair color they have, as well as other factors. Laser hair removal is most effective for those with pale skin tone and dark hair, though that's not a guarantee that it's going to work perfectly. I've been receiving treatments at American Laser Centers for over a year and have always been greeted with an exceptionally friendly, caring staff that takes extra time to make sure I'm comfortable and understand everything that is happening both financially and with the actual procedure (power settings, etc.) and they check in on my throughout the process with questions like "Does this hurt too much?" It's not comfortable, and there is some tenderness and redness for me afterward (I am having my face treated) but I have been very pleased with the results and while I haven't been able to quit shaving entirely, I do so much less frequently, and the change in growth has been drastic.

American Laser Skincare Logo American Laser Skincare