American Laser Centerfraud

9-3-2010 I asked for a full refund ASAP because I have done my best to work through the problems I have experienced but now that I have started voicing my concerns I have found I am not the only one with issues with American Laser Centers.
First, I referred 2 people to American Laser Centers and I have not received 1 referral fee of $250. I was told in April to call the Referral Program Number [protected] and they said the fee had not been sent out but it was coming soon. I called several more times until in August I was told by the new manager $250 was sent out in March. I called the Referral Program Number and they too changed their story though I received nothing. They lied to me.
Also, I did not pay for services until I was told by the manager that I would be given a referral fee for signing up my daughter. Then I was told my daughter came in before me so I could not receive a referral fee for her but that was not true. My daughter has no money and could not come in before me when it was my money that paid her bill. I saw the ad on Facebook and I made an appointment in Ft Lauderdale and I referred my daughter. They lied to me.
Now if 1 referral fee was a problem I might not have a problem but I handed out at least 20 referral cards and the 2 referrals that I confirmed paid for service were not honored with me receiving $250.
At the same time I have been trying to be patient with the process but my daughter, my friend and I all believe we have more facial hair after 4 months of treatment than we had before treatment. We have different technicians every time we come and we are given different settings each time too. Then Lorie, the temp manager, told me it can take up to 2 years for us to get 100% removal. Other laser removal businesses say it takes 4 to 6 treatments max. I am not happy with, making appointments, paying and receiving no results. They lied to me.
Additionally, my referral, feels she has more hair then before treatments and she was receiving electrolysis before I referred her to American Laser Centers. She was burned, has a scare and has not been satisfied with general results for any of the services she has paid for and received.
When Yvette came by to complain to the new manager, the manager tried to ignore the complaints. Yvette was insistent and did manage to be heard and other customers heard too. So Yvette met Des, with the same complaints as well. Yvette submitted complaints on Jun 9th and July 27th. They lied to them too and we have had the same experiences, bad services promises not kept and only ting we have lost is our money.
Because I have been doing research and a technician told me I may never see any results because the machines dont work well for some people I do not feel I will ever get complete Laser Hair removal from American Laser Centers. Therefore I am requesting a full refund.
I saw an on line article in the (c) 2006 South Florida Sun-Sentinel by correspondent Barbara Hijek which said.
“A study by Dr. Kathleen Gilmore, national medical director for American Laser Centers, found problems occur rarely _ fewer that one-tenth of 1 percent of all cases. The findings were presented at a meeting of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.”
If there are so few problems American Laser Centers should provide refunds for the rear 4 people to complain but they have refused to refund any of our money so we have filed fraud complaints with our credit card companies. All we wanted was quality hair removal. All they have done is taken our money and wasted our time while making our hair growth worse.
Summary, bad service, burns, no referral fees, different technicians each appointment, no results and lied to by management all adds up to fraud! I saw this “American Laser Centers has recently changed ownership and we would like to ask you to please contact our newly expanded customer service department regarding your issue at [protected]. Allen” I called and emailed them at
[protected]@alcpartner.com www.americanlaser.com but they refused to provide a refund. So I will spend the time I would have take for appointments to pass out complaint summaries to American Laser Customers to see how they really feel about American Laser Centers. I cant just let them continue to rip people off.

Comments

• Jr
      Nov 28, 2008

Hello, I am pretty fed up with the lack of quality your facility has to offer. I have been dealing with multiple issues at the Denton location for about a year now and I would like for it to STOP!!! First I went in to get micro treatment on my lower legs (cecilia) sold me a bogus package. The micro derma damaged my legs so yall offered to give me photo facial to remove the damage your facility caused to my legs. The scaring has NOT disappeared and half of the time I can not get in for an appointment. I went in today for my appointment at 7om but the lady was falling behind schedule and it soon became 7:20 and the next appointment for 7:30 came in. So I volunteered to go run an errand real quick and come back in about 20-30 minutes because I knew my treatment would take longer then the guy that walked in. I clarified with the lady working if that would be ok and she said it would be fine and she was going to stay late for me since she was running behind schedule. When I returned I was sitting in the parking lot and she let the guy out then locked the door. I sat in my car and kept calling till someone picked up the phone and all she had to say was that the alarm was about to be set and she wasn’t going to have time to see me. I think the customer service at your facility stinks I have not had any positive experience with the staff at this place. I want my MONEY back for the 4x. I was ripped off by your team and I will continue to complain until I get satisfying results. I would love to walk away from your treatment center if and only if I get my MONEY BACK!!! I will once again report this issue to the BBB and take it up with my lawyer since it seems that I can never get my treatments during their scheduled times!

• Hu
      Jul 08, 2009

On June 27th 2009 I went in for a free consultation after "winning" a $400.00 credit towards services. I met with the manager and was told that in order to do all the hair removal I was wanting the credit would not cover it and that I should fill out an application for credit. I did so and was denied and we worked out a payment option. I was reviewing my credit report on July 7th and was shocked to see that the day that I was in the clinic showed on my credit report as having applied for credit at a online specialty clothing store. I contacted the clothing company and they told me that the application for credit was denied. I immediately called the laser clinic and was told that "her girls would not do something like this and that they could not just walk around with my info and open accounts without my ID. I called back and told her it was done online the manager went onto the site and said "these aren't even cute clothes" and laughed. She said that she does not know if it was her staff or the cleaning crew but that she did not "see " that website on her computer history at her office so it must not be real and MUST be a mistake. I told her that they could have written my information down and used a computer at home and she still argued that her girls would not do things like that. It was very upsetting to have no concern for me and my info. I told the manager that I would be coming by to get my information and she told me that she shredded it. Then told me that it is weird. That is all I got.

• Mi
      Nov 17, 2010

Summary, bad service, burns, no referral fees, different technicians each appointment, no results and lied to by management all adds up to fraud! I read this "American Laser Centers has recently changed ownership and we would like to ask you to please contact our newly expanded customer service department regarding your issue at [protected]. Allen & I sent them emails to [protected]@alcpartner.com www.americanlaser.com but they refuse to refund my money. So I will spend the time I would have take for appointments to pass out complaint summaries to American Laser Customers to see how they really feel about American Laser Centers. I cant just let them continue to rip people off.

• Kh
      Nov 27, 2010

I AM SUBMITTING A COMPLAINT ON AMERICAN LASER CENTER LOCATED AT, 8751 Commodity Cir # 2, Orlando - [protected]
    I paid $4, 100.00 CASH, for 7 treatments in 4 areas of their Vella treatment which i was convincinly told would reduce celulite, tighten and rejuvinate skin on front & back of thighs, stomach and flanks. I went to my appointments every saturday at 10:00 for 3 hours each session, , , , , the same tech worked on me each week, , , , , after the 7 treatments we were still not getting any results, , , , they measure, take pictures and document before each treatment, , , , , my tech said she doesnt understand why i have made no progress and would speak to the manager "Chelsea" and get back to me, , , , , after a week i heard back and they said they decided to give me 3 free sessions and do not understand and admitted i had shown no results, , , , , , , , i showed up for all three extra treatments and still No results !!, , , , I made numerous calls (which i can prove from my cell phone bill), , it took a week at a time of everday calls to get chelsea to return my call, i did not ask for a full refund i simply asked for a partial refund of $1, 500 to $2, 000, , , , , , after weeks of back and forth conversations with Chelsea, she said she was sorry that they could not offer any refund and could only possibly give me another treatment. she said i signed a contract and that myself and the company enetered into my treatments in quote "GOOD FAITH" that the treatments would work on me, therefore they will not honor any kind of refund !!, , , , , , i could have in "good faith" had them do the treatments before i paid, but companies do not run on good faith, they run on money, , , , , , i paid $4, 100.00 for something that did not work . The last conversation i had with her was in regard to the last statement above and i told her that is not satisfactory and why would i go for more treatments if it doesnt work At All ! she said she would have her regional manager call me. I told her i expected a call back within 24 hours and it has now been over 3 weeks ! every time you call the office you get a voice machine and have to leave a message or if someone does answer the manager is always in a consultation and even if i call daily and leave messages it takes weeks to get a call back ! yet when i went for my first consultation and showed interest, i was getting continuous calls to come in and get it done ! ...i have been in sales and marketing and customer service for 14 years and am amazed at the indecency of this company and their unwillingness to make good on a service that did not work at all ! and they have records and documentation to prove it ! in addition to the fact that my technition and even the manager has repeatedly acknowledged the fact that their treatment did not work on me !, , , i have done research and see many shady complaints on this company online and i am extremely upset!, , , , , again i simply asked for a partial refund because i know they tried and took time and cost to do the treatments on me even though that is like still giving them $2, 100 for doing nothing ...i truly had No results and paid over $4, 000 cash. i am a single mother of three kids and worked very hard to save up money to try and do something to make myself feel better about me and now along with no results i cannot get anyone from the company to acknowledge my issue or return a call, , , , i simply get, well we are sorry but we entered into it with good faith and tried !!
    please let me know where to go from here or what to do!

• Ji
      May 10, 2011

I went to the American Laser Center in Langhorne, Pennsylvania for their "Free Consultation" for Botox. The "Free Consultation" was an appointment with the receptionist who took my credit card information (charge of $75 for a "Free Consultation" for Botox) and to schedule an appointment. This could have all been done over a phone! I was really hoping to speak to at least a RN or a Doctor since this is a procedure! This was a waste of my time! I was still excited to have the Botox it didn't stop me from schedule an appointment and since I was told that "the doctor will be performing" the procedure I felt a lot better! DO NOT GO THERE BECAUSE A DOCTOR WILL NOT BE PERFORMING / DISPENSING THE BOTOX, only a nurse. You will never even see a doctor. I'm not even sure if this is legal. Always ask who will be performing the procedures and if they are licensed, in writing. Be careful, in some stated "licensed" means watching a video and their certificate gets send in the mail and that makes them certified in some states!! Scary! Very Scary!

• Al
      Jun 03, 2016
    American Laser Center - No refund- Bad service
    American Laser Center - Burbank
    Burbank
    California

I initially purchased a package for hair removal for my lower legs, underarm and bikini. and after a day, i told them i dont want my bikini anymore so if they can refund my money. Instead the manager, Nikki, offered me a service, called Veloshape. It sounded pretty good. so i went in and did it. after 1 treatment, i did with this one girl, who i didnt know was brand new, wasnt trained at all- well mind you i have never done veloshape in my whole life, so i dont know how it feels or what are the procedures, anyways, she did my treatment and it burns so bad it hurts! i did not complain cuz accdg to the girl, its normal since i didnt drink enough water. The next treatment, i came in with a different girl. she was very nice, and did all the things i needed to sign and took my weight and my measurements and made sure i signed a consent. I was amazed! i said, do i have to do this before treatment? she said ya why? i said the other lady who did my 1st one never did any of this, she said Who? i said the girl named Ann. She said, her? she hasnt been trained yet! i was so mad! so i called the corporate and complained about it. Next thing you know the lady who treated me very well, and the veloshape was no pain at all- was fired. i cannot believe it! she was saying that they already been having some misunderstandings from the manager since the Manager, nikki doesnt really know what shes doing. So i guess when nikki found out that i complained about the services i got from ann, (which she hired) she fired this one girl that knows what shes doing so no one can ever tell Nikki whats the right thing to do. anyways, so ive been calling them to refund my money since i got a really crappy service from the veloshape. ofcourse, they wouldnt refund the money. ive been calling even the regional manager wouldnt call me back. Oh and another thing i had an incident when i called the corporate and filed a complaint for nikki and ann, one day when i had an appt for my legs, nikki called me that i need to cancel my appt due to "there are no nurses avail" i was like u mean u guys are closed? she said "no, we dont have nurses" and the girl that always does my treatment? where is she, i asked. She said "Shes on vacation". so i said ok ill call you back cuz i dont know when can i reschedule, i didnt tell her to go ahead and cancel but she did anyways, so i cant get another appt. so i called this nurse that usually does my treatments, i asked her if shes going to be there on my appt, she said "YES I am!" I SAID WELL NIKKI JUST CANCELLED ME CUZ SHE SAID UR ON VACATION" i was so mad, so i went there anyways for my appt and nikki wasnt there. what a ###. she cancelled me for no reason. Thanks a lot.