American Laser Center / Vela shape and skin tightening

1 Downers Grove, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-630-598-4100

I came in to the American Laser Center for an opportunity to have a $50.00 facial being bought for me by my daughter-in-law. A woman named Aggie Fijolek told us that she could not sign us up for the facial until we had listened to additional information on their services available, as it was 'Company Policy". We agreed to listen. Aggie proceeded to tell us about the other services offered, and explained that they were working under "A Doctors Supervision" and that "They were highly trained." She told me that I would be a very good candidate for the Vela Shape treatments, that would be done on my stomach, hips, abdomen, and back "Love Handle" area. Also I could receive a skin tightening procedure on my forehead, cheeks, chin, and neck areas. She brought out pictures of other unnamed patients, before and after the procedures, for example. She then had us fill out a form to see if we would 'Qualify' for Financing, in case we decided upon any procedures. We did.
Next Aggie described what procedures would be best for us to have done, before any $50.00 facials, which would be done AFTER any treatments we needed. This was to All be done under a Doctor's supervision. Each technician that would preform treatments, were to be highly trained. Before I knew that I would NOT be paying the American Laser Treatment Center, yet instead a Chase Medical account, that had conveniently just been set up in my name. Aggie also assured me that my 'Husband's concerns would not be an issue as I could pay at the American Laser Center, without being billed. Aggie also stated that if we did not sign up that very day, our "Special Deal" would not be available, as this was the last day of the "Special services offered during the promotion". When we became somewhat reluctant, Aggie began offering more sessions with the Vela Shape Treatment Tech and more skin tightening procedures. Aggie quickly thrust the papers we needed to sign, in our direction and an agreement was made so as not to miss out on the promotional treatments. I was offered 6 skin tightening treatment on 3 zones of my face, one session would be given free for signing up that day, and 3 Micro-dermabrasions free of charge. I was also to receive 16 Vela Shape sessions for the amount of $2, 062.50. The Skin Tightening procedures would be at a cost of $2, 640.00, to my greatest surprise!
Appointments were set up that very day, so that I could begin my transformation. I began the first of the very painful treatments at 2PM on Dec. 9th, 2008. I was to receive skin tightening and a Vela shape treatment, of which I received only a Vela shape treatment on my stomach and abdomen area, not the hips and back "love handles" as promised. The Tech simply said she would do it 'Next Time". My nest visit was at 2PM Tuesday, Dec. 16th, 2008. This was another Vela shape Only procedure, done on the stomach abdomen area, leaving out the hips and love handles or back areas. I again was told 'Next Time".
The bruising on my stomach was incredible and shocking, yet I was assured this was 'Normal" by the person doing the procedure. My next appointment was on 1-13-09 at 12:45 PM. I received a Vela Shape treatment and a Micro-dermabrasion. Next appointment on 1-22-09 at 12:45 PM I was treated by a woman named Stephanie, who only did half of my Vela shape treatment on my abdomen, as I had complained that it "Really hurt" on my right side when she used the machine. I asked why she didn't turn it down or something she told me that "She didn't have anymore time that day" and that I said "It hurt" so she didn't continue. All my treatment were painful but they were continued and I was assured that it was normal. Next appointment on 1-29-09- was canceled by American Laser Center, after my arrival, as I had been taking antibiotics, and was told that they could not do the procedure until I was finished taking them.
On 2 12-09 I visited American laser Center for the last time, and a blonde Polish woman did the Vela shape procedure with the back done finally, and the hips.

In total I have gone to 5 appointments with only two having anything to do with my face, one being a micro-dremabrasion, and another a skin tightening. My husband then advised me to cancel any further appointments as he spoke to his personal doctor and the doctor told him that organ bruising could have happened with these procedures that were Not recommended by most reputable internists, in his opinion. I'm sure upon relaying this information to my personal physician, Dr. Barbara Loeb of Downers Grove, Good Samaritan Hospital, she would agree with his recommendation to stop the American Laser Treatment Program.

I was promised 11 more treatments of full Vela Shape on abdomen, stomach, hips and back areas. I also received one skin tightening free of charge and I was to receive 5 more skin tightening treatments, which were never preformed. I was to receive 3 free micro-dermabrasion treatments, of which only 1 was done. I never received the original $50.00 facial.

Comments

18th of Mar, 2010

i got the same run around. i got full face hair removal in response to a tv commerical that they could remove even thewhite hairs from my face. two years later i still have the dark hair and an increased amount of the white ones. i got the skin tightening and if you dont do them once a month the skin returns to its previous state. there is no end to it and definitely no end to the skin sagging after 3 weeks from each treatment.