American IT / Oracle 10g Boot Camp

1 1478 South Jasper StreetAurora, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 303 317 3130

1. I paid the Bootcamp in October 2007. Torrence Brown was the sales consultant.
2. The Oracle 10g OCP Boot Camp of 01/10/08 - 01/18/08 was cancelled according Vita Webb email (19/dec/07).
3. In January 9, 2008 I accepted the rescheduling of the bootcamp to April 3, 2008.
4. In March 25, 2008 I was informed about the course cancellation after I requested the travel arrangements.
5. In March 25, 2008 I rejected the rescheduling and requested a full refund.
6. Before and after I requested the refund, the COMMUNICATION is almost IMPOSIBLE...

Comments

Ja
  12th of Dec, 2008

I am in the same situation with this company. I have been trying to get a refund since June 2007. The owner's email box is full and no one answers the phone number posted on the company website. I have not received a response from any of my contacts since June 2007, and the employee who was helpful to me then is no longer with the company. I reached someone via online chat on 11/26/2008, but the website has shown that representatives are "offline" since then. I am ready to file a lawsuit for the amount of the canceled class.

Sa
  21st of Jan, 2009

Yes I was also a victim of their scam. For several months I comvinced my company to pay for the MCTS 2008 trainng. Finally on August of 2008 I got the money to get the training. The week before my training I received a message that my training needed to be cancelled because the trainer had had an emergency. I agreed to reschedule it until the next available date, which was the following month. Then before that date again I was told that I was given the wrong date and that will be until the following week. Again, the week before the training I was told that because lack of attendance the training needed to be cancelled. At that point I decided to get our money back and look for another school. For a month I tried to get our money back with no success I then gave that task to our collections department, who in turn tried unsuccessfully for another month. I filed a complaint to the BBB and the Colorado Attorneys, but they told me they cannot contact anyone. The website is still active and it hasn't been shutdown, luring more victims into their scam.

La
  24th of Feb, 2009

They got me as well. I signed up for CRM training Sept 2008. They canceled the class twice at the very last minute and provided absolutely no communication. They do not answer phones and after days of sending email to every email account that I had for the company, I would get a one word response at best.
The company offered me the moon and the stars to train with them. They cut hundreds of dollars from the class fees, offered refunds of hotel & travel, offered an X-box if I booked 5 days of classes. They have now had my money for over 5 months and I have received nothing from them. After the second time the class was canceled by them, they claim that I will be issued a refund per the terms on their web site. After dealing with Mike and Dave Ruark (if there are two such people...), I'm confident that my company will never see a refund. This is a huge scam. I have handed everything over to my companies attorneys and now they can deal with these guys. Avoid American IT like the plague and don't get drawn in by the low costs and "incentives".

Un
  1st of Sep, 2010

They got me too. On 4/10/2010 I paid them 3, 7950.00 for EMC Storage training. Once they received the bank wire I got an email stating the class was full and I could attend any other training they have at another location. I then never heard anything back from them. I filed a police report with the Aurora Colorado Police department and they were not able to prosecute him because he claimed he couldn't complete the training due to insufficient amount of people.

These people are SCAM artists and know how to play the system. If you were scammed by them file a complaint in small claims court. If he gets enough of them we will have a leg to stand on to criminally prosecute him. Also, I ran a background check on Mike Ruark and he owe's everyone and their brother including the IRS. He has been sued in excess of 10 times. Please file, I know the costs are around 300 bucks, but don't let this guy get off. Chances are you will never see your money, however, if he never shows in court you will get summary judgement.