American Income Life / Form your own opinion

I agree that everyone has the right to post their opinions and experiences. But everyone also has the right to know the situation from both sides so they can best make an educated decision.
I worked in healthcare for 10 years, you want a scam? Go do that for a while. Since i have come to american income i have been a member of a solid supporting fun team. I have had the opportunity to travel and have gone to confereneces where i stayed in a 5 star hotel at no cost to me. I have also made for myself a very comfortable income, and i am only in my first year. I have recently been promoted.
No matter where you go any company will have its pros and cons. At the same time you really need to know yourself and what you are capable of. I can almost gaurantee that most of the complaints on here are by people who saw the opportunity to make a lot of money and when they didn't they got angry and have to point the finger at someone. They can't see in themselves why they were unable to be successful. I do feel for the people that genuinly may have had a negative experience, but please know that isn't the case right across the board. Don't let your experience hold someone else back from having a great experience.
This business is about accountability, responsibility, goals, and
Hard work. You don't make big money by pumping gas do you? Of course not, it is a very easy job. Nothing great ever comes easy. So for those of you who expected a a get rich quick scheme, maybe you should research those work from home jobs, sounds about the pace that you require.
I was ready to work hard. I know what my goals are. And i made it what i wanted to make it, and i have succeeded.
So before you judge, based on this website, please do your own research, attand your own interview.
Fun facts about ail:
Yahoo.com named ail top 10 companies to work for for several years in a row
When new orleans was wiped out by the hurricane, ail paid out millions to the policy holders, but waived everyone's premium for a full year
The benefits that ail offers are designed to take care of families long term, not just in the immediate
The benefits that ail offers are also not something that is provided by other benefits or insurance companies, they are somewhat unique.

Check it out for yourself, don't let someone else cloud your decision for you.

Comments

• Nc
      2nd of Oct, 2009

I got a call from one of their people today but I just let it go to voicemail. I am definitely NOT calling them back as I had already investigated AIL. Although what they are doing may be "legal" it is certainly not ethical or moral. There are a few people who stick up for AIL on these blogs because it seems to work for them. That is fine, but job seekers are entitled to know that 1) they are going to be paying costs out-of-pocket, 2) that they will be working 80 to 100 hours a week, 3) that they are not being hired as a "management trainee" or "customer service representative" and 4) that 98% of people who enter insurance sales fail. It is not that people are afraid of hard work or risk-taking, it is that most are smart enough not to invest their time or money in an endeavor in which they are likely to fail - which is about a 98% probability. Would you buy an investment that consistently loses 10% every year? AIL isn't much different than most insurance companies and brokerage firms in that they will give anyone a chance to fail, make a little money off you in the process and send you packing in six months. It is just that AIL seems to be notably deceptive and ruthless whereas other firms at least play by the rules as far as the products and customers are concerned.

17th of Oct, 2009

shut upppppppppppppppppp god u r a ###ing dummy. follower...

17th of Oct, 2009

oh this comment was for the guy above me

17th of Oct, 2009

this is a MANAGEMENT position... okay... and out of cost there is 3 fees u pay... insurance license, the test and a registration fee... you are your own business owner!!! they train you to become successful so that you can do this on your own and this also helps the company grow. working 80-100 that isnt required but if you want to make that money then you will work long hours... you know what SHUT UP!!! u don't know ###... k conrad

15 days ago by NC Radioman 0 Votes

****You are fkn silly... you have no idea what it takes to be a hard worker, and someone with determination****

By the way AIG sucks...(I was there customer and someone hit me from the back-currently sueing the person for screwing up my back that he didnt have insurance so my insurance is suppose to pay well turns out they want to go into mediation, this is why they suck ###-my own insurance company doesnt even protect there own customers when AIL on the other hand DOES) there is an example for you... and when you stated that people that make it to insurance don't last... well that would be you donkey...sorry for the attitude and unprofessionalism but you critics make me fkn SICK! Talk about ### talkers... Hey you should go and talk to you parents... thank them how you came out to be such poor sports... what a joke

• Rg
      26th of Oct, 2009

I have had no experience with AIL other than doing some investigation for a friend who has been solicited. My comment is not about the company itself, but rather, is an observation on the manner inwhich 'lovemylife808' has gone about defending the company. Given your language, poor spelling and grammer, and defensive attitude, I have a difficult time believing that you are, in fact, the successful professional that you claim to be. Most sales positions require the sales-maker to remain calm and address objections in a professional, persuasive manner; not become defensive and abusive. Your outbursts are hardly likely to convince anyone that you should be taken seriously and that your viewpoint has merit.

I can imagine that your response to me will be a mispelt diatribe attacking my work ethic and intelligence.

It may be that the reasons why some people are so vehemently defending AIL is that they genuinely believe in the company, OR, it may be that their own success depends on ongoing recruitment and hiring. If AIL is, in fact, a ponzi scheme or uses multi-level-marketing tactics, then the only way to make money is to recruit others beneath you who recruit others beneath them, and so on. My suspicion is that it is the latter liklihood that is driving people like lovemylife808.

PS - Skylynne872's approach to discussing the disagreement is much more balanced and persuasive to me. Based on what I have read, I will likely recommend to my friend that AIL might not be a good fit, but I do appreciate Skylynne's professional manner.

• Fa
      28th of Oct, 2009

The above post is completely correct. "Lovemylife808" sounds like an uneducated wanna be thug who is completely representative of the type of agent AIL is looking for. So if "Thug Life" is for you, come work at AIL. Bring your box of crayons cause you will use one to fill out an application.

19th of Apr, 2010

Sky I also work for AIL and have for almost 3 years now and will continue to.

NcRadioman, Hopefully I am the one who called you :) I am working in the Asheville office but i'm not quiet sure where greensboro is maybe raleigh office called, but that's neither here nor there. What i will be talking about is the comments you made.

Everyone is definately entitled to their own opinion and their own experiences and want to be very up front with you there are out of pocket costs for your licensing, there are out of pocket costs for each test and also in some cases an administration fee. Which (based off asheville nc office) It is 106 for each test, which there are 2. that's 212. And then there is a class fee of 79 dollars which totals 291 which that 291 goes to the state fees and NOT in any AIL office or AIL Reps pockets. there is also a 312 administration fee that is one mandated by AIL because of the fact that AIL spends 10, 000 per agent for leads each year 12, 000 for leads and all materials involved, not to mention you NEVER pay for paper or any resources that involve the company and another 5, 000 on advanced training materials and guides which doesn't even include any of the trips to nice places that they pay for all of your hotel and food and drinks. That 312 to the company is the only commitment to AIL financially that you will make.

What kind of commitments do you make to be a Doctor? or a Lawyer?. A teacher, Paramedic, fire fighter, cosmetologist, police officer, nurse, RN, Dentist and I can go on for days. But to answer your question at LEAST a couple years of schooling that the tuition fees and books and classes all come out of guess what, your pocket. Where the interest on those fees and after you've graduated and dorm room and all other amenities involved come out of of also YOUR pocket. And the end result is that once you do go through all that schooling to become a teacher(which even after you do become a teacher you have to take classes every year) you are NOT guaranteed a job. You are not guaranteed anything except for that you've achieved in getting a degree in aforementioned career path. commitment that you have to make finacially to AIL it's maybe 1/80th or more of your financial commitment to being any of the others and in this case you DO have a GUARANTEED job. To me that sounds pretty good. But to each his own right?

To answer the rest of the statements that you made which are less important is the 80-100 hours a week is completely a personal choice and for someone to make that personal choice to work 80 to 100 hours a week i will guarantee that they will be successful. That goes with anything if you put 80 hours a week into playing even the GUITAR i guarantee at the end of a month or 2 months you'll be playing with the best of the guitar players. But if you put in 10-20 a week you may be able to play a few songs or even make a few, but you won't be the mozart of guitar (i use this analogy because i play guitar, sorry if it's not a great analogy)

like i have stated in most of my other posts i do welcome calls from people who are curious about AIL or about certain things my number is listed on my MichaelAIL link and email and all that stuff. Please don't email me or call me and tell me I am stupid for working for this company. I enjoy what I do and I feel like i made the right choice in career path.

• Pa
      26th of Apr, 2010

Check out all the AIL threads. You will see the same people (like Fail) claiming the same nonsense on every one and insulting anyone who has any actual experience with the company. Don't listen to these loser haters. Check it out for yourself.

11th of Jun, 2010

Way to be an ambassador for the company [censor]!

11th of Jun, 2010

• Pa
      12th of Jun, 2010

There is no Samantha B, its only that loser Fail.

• Bu
      28th of Jun, 2010

lovemylife,

You have no idea what kind of a joke you look like. Richard Cranium.

28th of Jun, 2010

Burgermeistermeisterburger.

I agree with you. They could have presented themselves a lot better, but chose not to for whatever reasons. I am not saying that they didn't have the social capabilities to do so, but may have not wanted to hold themselves back. I don't agree with the bad mouthing of other insurance companies [and if you read all my posts, I have never done so, even when posting on Primerica complaints and such].

• Ke
      22nd of Dec, 2010

"Haha I don't have any comment other than, please don't just troll around. It makes you look fat."

Umm...you're the one that is on every single post on this website. So If that makes him look fat, you much be EFFIN HUGE!
    And doesn't the fact that there are about 200 or so pages on this website alone dedicated to AIL give you some concern as to where it is you work?

And way to ignore your above colleague and her complete lack of representation for her company. I like how you pick and choose which points to argue, but when someone makes a valid point about AIL's failings, you stay quiet. Or where the above clearly represents you and your company in a bad light, you stay silent there as well. I would think your time would be better spend training your agents as opposed to going on here trying to convince AIL is a good company to work for when the only people are here is to express their displeasure to begin with. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but hey, you work for AIL.

11th of Feb, 2011

KenAdams- I believe I just posted to one of your earlier posts, but a troll does not mean making posts. A troll is a person who comes on to a forum just to cause problems by saying negative things or personally attacking people just to get a rise out of them.

"AIL doesn't have "about 200 or so pages on this website alone" You might want to do a recount again because there are 17.(at least from the day of this post)
    And some of those are not even complaints, some of them are people sticking up for AIL so there are 17 posts, not eve 17 complaints.

I haven't ignored any complaints or any points, whether they be valid or not... Read all my posts again i'm sure you may have missed something. If i have, please point it out i will make sure it gets addressed the next time i am on here.

this is not the only response that I have posted to because I've posted so many (and usually i post a bunch at the same time) so I tend to miss some points.

And honestly I dont ready EVERY single post from every single person, I skim read and if something seems to catch my eye, i then read the post.

Again, if i've missed a complaint, or a point or even a responder, please tell me i'll respond back, I have no shame in what I do. I love what I do and there are many people who feel the same. There are also people who do not feel the same at all.

If you have any questions or concerns about AIL please call me or email me at
    Michaelellisail@gmail.com
    or
    (828)216-9626

• Ml
      23rd of Feb, 2011

Dude, you are missing the point. Even if there were only 17 pages (not so, especially if you count scam.com, /link removed/ etc) the point he is trying to make is that the overwhelming majority of people have some sort of negative experience with AIL. And the majority of those bad experiences you have chosen, for one reason or another, to not address them. And it really doesn't matter, you're happy where you are and that's fine. One day you will see the light or you won't. Either way coming on here defending AIL actually makes you desperate at this point.

• Ez
      27th of Apr, 2011

In response to the original "complaint"-- people are expecting to make a lot of money because in the company's sales pitch (yes, that is what it is) to candidates are told that they will be making so much per year, so much per month, etc. Thus, it is a reasonable expectation to make what you are told you will be making.

I was called by a person for an interview at this company and went in, just to see what it was about. I fell for Vector Marketing years and years ago when I was in college, so I knew what to look out for. One of the questions on the sheet I was asked to fill out was something about what do I look to avoid in a company. Once I got past the poor grammar of the question, alarm bells went off in my mind. Not a good start, but eh, I waited and sat through the presentation. I've been on group interviews before, and while annoying, they can be necessary if there are a lot of jobs to be filled.

The "interview" was more of a sales pitch about how much I could make if I was just willing to work hard. Then, there was that little bit about being paid "an advance". That was only mentioned briefly before a much, much longer bit about residuals. More red flags. Then, there was a small comment about how the product wasn't knives or makeup. I worked for Vector once, and while I did make money at it (I was the only one who really did) I wasn't about to spend all of my time working for free. Spending hours and hours calling people, driving to their homes, etc. IS working for free. I'm sure I look like the ideal candidate for them-- I own my own business that I've been successful at, I put all the right answers on their questionnaire, etc. but I'd rather deal with a few more lean months and wait for a job that will actually pay me for my time comes around.

Do the math. Figure out what your hourly pay is. I bet it's less than minimum wage.

• Oz
      3rd of May, 2011

My name is Anthony Osborne, CFO of American Income Life and Regional Manager in Southeastern TN. Need help learning how to work your way up in this company? shoot me an email: anthony-osborne@utc.edu... I collect a salary of over a million per year and I can teach you the tricks!