American Income / Hiring scam
I received a phone call from a Ms. Solomon from AIL claiming she had gotten my resume off of Monster.com and wanted me to come in for an interview. She set up a time for me to come in for an interview later in the week. I thought it was weird when she told me to dress professionally for the interview, so I did some research on the net and found complaints about them. Also, I realized this was probably sales at best and that is just not my type of job.
I decided I did not want anything to do with this type of job and wanted to cancel the interview. I realized I had not gotten a phone number from Ms. Solomon, so I looked up the American Income Life and could not find a number for them at the location Ms. Solomon had given me for the interview. I called the 1-800 number on their web site (only number listed) and explained I wanted to cancel my interview. The woman (or very inexperienced girl) took my name and phone number.
Then, the day before the scheduled interview, I get a voice mail from someone else at American Income (Gina) saying she had received my resume and wanted to schedule an interview. Right behind that voice mail was a reminder voice mail from Ms Solomon about the scheduled interview!
I tried to call Ms Solomon back using the phone number on my caller id and got a fax machine. I didn't bother to call the other person back.
I went back on the net and did even more research and found MANY complaints about this company and their hiring tactics. I feel really lucky I did not waste my time on even that first interview.
It is hard enough to be out of a job and trying to find a new one without companies like this trying to trick you into coming into an interview.
More American Income Complaints & Reviews
- American Income Life - ail is a fraud! 
- Ail / American Income - Job opportunity scam - beware 
- American Income Life - Scam and cheating! 
- American Income Life - Fraud & cheating! 
- American Income Life Insurance - Employment scam 
- American Income Life Insurance - illegal working/business practices
- American Income Life Insurance - payment not received
- American Income Life Insurance - recruiting 
- American Income Life Insurance - deceptive hiring practices.
- American Income Life Insurance - Lies, Deception, Lawbreaking