American Honda Finance CorporationDeceptive and abusive practices

1 Review updated:

As many of us have struggled in this past year, I have struggled at times as well to conscientiously make good on my loan agreement and make on time payments. At the time they came unannounced and repossessed the vehicle, I was one month behind (going on two). I attempted to make a payment on the loan that amounted to one payment. They refused to accept it stating they would accept all or nothing. They soon came and took the car in the middle of the night with absolutely no notice shortly after they had refused the offered payment. They had repeatedly spoken with my husband without my consent who made when casually asked statements in light of when he thought he was going to be able to pay which they later called "promises". These “statements” were in exchange with my husband and not myself while I am the owner of the vehicle. These broken promises were reportedly one of the main reasons the car was repossessed. I am basing this complaint upon: 1.) the repossession of my vehicle based upon supposed broken "promises" that were made with my husband while I was not even consulted; 2.) Honda Financial Services refusal to accept payment for the car which resulted in being a sick and twisted tactic to watch us become more and more behind so that they would eventually come to repossess the vehicle; 3.) and the abusive and unprofessional nature of the majority of the agents who are calling average people that may be honestly struggling and honestly trying. Its not right and its not good business. I know the collection business is by nature a sadistic and bullying business but it is not a necessary or civilized way to do business.

There should be some sort of guidelines, or laws, regarding the behavior of these agencies. A time frame, an amount of days past due, an amount of times past due, notice of repossession intent so that the debtor has the right to voluntarily return the car and avoid repossession charges or to take perhaps the drastic measure necessary in order to acquire the money necessary to keep their vehicle. It is an embarrassment to our level of civilization to allow these predators to roam freely and to wreak havoc on individuals who are struggling to make ends meet and trying to meet their obligations honestly. In light of the economic disaster that has taken place globally in recent times, this is an absolute slap in the face to all Americans, especially the ones who have lost so much, to permit these types of agencies to take advantage of the public in such a way.

This company purposely employed deceptive and manipulative practices and I have never been treated worse and more unprofessionally than I was during my distasteful experience with this company. The agents calling were intentionally ambiguous, rude, disrespectful, insensitive and abusive. They were absolute tyrants. These types of people should not be allowed, if by the law, to behave in such a way. It is scandalous! At the least I would like this complaint to result in the advising of consumers to stay away far far away from this company.

There are numerous complaints against this company on this website alone. I have submitted a complaint to any one and everyone I can possible think of including the BBB who is currently investigating the complaint with this company. Why are we all taking this abuse???

Be

Comments

• Co
      Sep 03, 2009

You should be calling them if you're late instead of them calling you. Pay your bills!

• Fl
      Sep 11, 2009

haha "pay your bills" what an ignorant statement...do you think people like us enjoy bill collectors calling and harrassing us for money??? if we weren't struggling we would be able to pay our bills on time...jerk

Oct 03, 2009

Everybody falls on tough times, but we as Americans, have lived way beyond our means and taken on WAY too much debt. We have also become a "blameless society". You bought a car beyond your means and then blame you the company when they rightfully take back the collateral that is theirs. You were almost TWO months behind-be accountable for your actions!

• Ci
      Oct 10, 2009

"the truth will set you free" - you are missing the point (and by the way, I'm sure you've never tried to pass blame).

What she is saying is 100% true - I had the very same experience with Honda Financial. I DID call Honda when we fell behind on a payment. I DID try to make partial "good faith" payments to show I was trying to catch up. I DID honestly explain that my husband and I both own businesses in MI and we were struggling with decreased income. Until the economy turned, we COULD afford everything we have.
    NONE of this was acceptable to them. They called day after day, refused to take partial payment and bullied me beyond belief. By bullying I mean they were nasty, disrespectful and threatening. This was our second consecutive lease with Honda...until then we had a perfect payment record!

So finally I started arguing back. When "Gigi" called one day and said, "Why the HELL are you driving MY van? You can't make a full payment so you need to turn in MY van." I tried to be nice but she just talked over the top of me. Frustrated beyond belief, I finally said, "You cannot talk to me this way! Stop bullying me! I am driving MY van which I have paid for faithfully for almost three years. DO NOT speak to me this way again, and if you can't handle that then give my account to someone else!" Then I hung up on before I became disrespectful to her!

Sure enough, we parked our van in the drive one night and they took it at 4am.
    The repo guys were luckily very nice. The said they had been driving past my house every night for two weeks. This means Honda never told me they were going to repossess the van and they continued to call and act as though they were simply trying to collect payment.

Yes I was behind on payment. My fault.
    The point is, HONDA was down right unethical in the way they treated me and the way they collected the van. American Honda Finance Corporation is sneaky like a weasel.

• Pm
      Oct 17, 2009

We had the exact same experience. No notification, attempted to make partial payments - in an effort to right the account, and then in the dark of night, the car was taken. Sneaky, deceptive and adversarial.

• Fe
      Feb 08, 2010

I know exactly how you feel. Right not I'm eating only 2 meals a day just to pay the $540 a month for a 2009 Honda Coupe (%18 interest rate---thank you Honda for giving me a %18 interest rate! thanks alot!) plus $300 for auto insurance. I have 5 more years to pay and the car is only worth in this economy, probably $15, 000.

But I have to give credit to the Honda Sales woman and financial manager who really did a great job in signing me into signing the SLAVE MASTER (Honda) - Slave contract (me). At the time I didnt know the US Economy was about to tank, and I would lose income at my job. But again, I'm sure Honda didnt know this either. They are so honest and pure of heart! I love them!

My friends, we can't do anything to change the past. Here is your future with Honda:
    You have two choices: 1) putting food on the table and paying rent or 2) helping Honda Financial Services stay in business

I choose number #2, and thats why I am eating only 2 meals a day and going through the worse time of my life. But, I love Honda so much I don't want the "fat cats" to go broke

But if you value your life more than I do, than take step number 1. Stop paying the fat cats and put food on your table, pay your rent, take care of your family. The Honda people dont give a ### that the economy is in shambles, they want to stay "in business"

If you do step number 1, than please do go to a lawyer (some charge $700 for bankruptcy) and declare bankruptcy. This should wipe away all your debt with Honda. But don't feel sorry for the "fat cats" they are TOO BIG to fail. Trust me, the US government loves Honda also, and they will probably pay your debt with other American tax payer money, just like they did with Lehman Bros, Bank of America, and all the other "fat cats"

Lets continue to make the "fat cats" rich!

yea! the american dream!

• El
      Feb 19, 2010

I am 100 % agree with you. I have been going thrugh hell with this company. I will going to report my side of story very soon.

• Ms
      Mar 03, 2010

Some comments on this page are ignorant! i went throught he same thing with hinda, but for people who are saying we live beyond our means.. you do not know anyone's personal situation! She could of had a great job and got laid off! So dont comment if you don't know and definately dont say anything if it's not nice!!!

Mar 12, 2010

Honda Finance wouldn't take the loss if you were only "one month behind (going on two)." Please, give me a break. Unless it was an extreme circumstance (ie. zero contact and horrible pay history). And even the going on two months it quite and exaggeration. Come on now, tell the truth.

• Je
      Jul 28, 2010

Okay how about this one...my father took out a loan though Honda Finance and when he was in the hospital for two and half months who to they call and harrass...me...I am not on the loan, I am not a reference, I have nothing at all to do with the vehicle. Yet time and time again they call me at home, at work, and on my cell yelling at me to pay the bill...I have been threated with having the police called on me and having them sue me...for what???? I don't own the freaking car!!!

Jul 28, 2010

Um, "mschelle1111", our comments are ignorant? You can't even put together a cohesive sentence. Yes, if you get laid off and do not have enough money saved to support yourself for at least 6 months (that means pay all your bills in a timely fashion), then you are living outside of your means. Americans are known for it. We all are to blame. And yes, personal situations very, and things happen, but do you notice how NONE of the people complaining are being accountable? The idiot "fedupwithhonda " is complaining about paying 18% a month in interest, $540 for a car payment and $300.00 for auto insurance. Sounds like he has HORRIBLE credit. Let me guess-Honda's fault. Why did he sign up for such an outrageous car payment? Why not buy a used car for less money? Ummm, I know. BECAUSE HE IS LIVING OUTSIDE HIS MEANS!!!

Aug 09, 2010

As a previous employer of AHFC, I can honestly say that there are collection laws and guidelines in place that must be followed. All accounts are noted for the purpose of possible legal actions. Unless it is a very rare circumstance, HFS will NOT repo your car if it is 1 month past due. They do not make any money on repo's, and in fact they usually lose money. I cannot speak personally for all of the offices across the country but HFS is very strict on their policy of "customer service" in their collection department. I do know that sometimes the repo agencies will call a debtor if they are looking for the car and they can be quite rude! Also, if your husband made all of those promises that you claim was no fault of yours, why did you never call and talk to them? I can also personally attest that HFS is more than willing to try and work with their customer prior to repossession, repo's are used as a last resort!! Can you really claim that you had no idea that your car was out for repo??? Regarding the partial payments, most states do not allow arrangements on partial payments if the account is past due. Again, this is due to legal concerns. Letters of intents are not required in all states and I believe IL is not one of them. If you would have opened your mail you would have had multiple letters from HFS stating that if you did not bring your account current, the vehicle would be submitted for repo.

• Ho
      Sep 13, 2010

Honda Finance is a sneaky, ruthless and unheated entity. No matter what your situation is don’t bother calling them because it will fall on deaf ears and all you A-holes that support it seems that you never had financial problems and could never understand.

Sep 13, 2010

Umm, what is an unheated entity? Is that supposed to be your poetic version of cold? LOL!

• Be
      Sep 17, 2010

WOW. Our family experience as well. AND to all YOU IDOIT'S out there, those of us WHO could AFFORD everything for years before the crash hit don't know what you are talking about! I have worked in the automotive industry for years and have helped countless people get loans who have had not 30 days, not 60 days but 90 day late payments for months. They still paid, late but paid. Honda Financial is one of those creditors that I have seen work with people. Prior to the collapse my family could afford anything we wanted. We saved aggressively and had payments that were affordable. For most of 2007 and 2008 we paid a double mortgage. The poor folks living in our rental home lost there jobs and could not pay. Luckily they were able to move in with their parents. Prior to losing there jobs they always paid. We never complained about having to make two mortgage payments. We never looked for handouts. We owned up to our responsibility. So imagine my surprise when in the middle of the afternoon right after my wife parked her Honda in the driveway from picking the kids up from school, they repo'ed the car. We missed one payment and sent in 80% of what was past due ONLY 15 days late since they CASHED MY CHECK TWO DAYS BEFORE! We had palnned to make another full payment plus the few hundred we still owed that very day. When I called they were rude, lacked ettiqutte and accused me of being slack. Furious I asked them to review my history with me. Up to that missed payment, every payment well within 30 days. When I explained what I and that I felt that they unfairly discriminated against me because I could pay plus late fees. They agreed to do a REDEEM Proposal, IF I qualified they would GRACIOUSLY allow me to have my car back. Issue# 1 Of course we would qualify and we did. Issue #2 in order to offset their losses as a whole the required that my famiily put down another $3000 PLUS the repo man's fee and any other settlement charges they chose to add. Shocked at their under handed thievery and the fact that I was prepared two make good my total past due which at the time was $200.00 plus my current payment that was due in that month and still not 30 days late. We were not prepared for their gouging. Here is the kicker for all you idoits that think I and others like me in this same situation are slouches. Even if I could meet their bribe. It would still show as a redeemed repossession. As far as the rest of the credit world is concerned it is no better that actually having a repo! So much for character and for doing the right thing. The fact is if HONDA can prove to me that they have repoed EVERY consumer who was 15 days late AFTER THEY cashed a check for past due amounts. then I will happily go down the quiet road of disgrace! As it is, I know they cannot because I have seen thousands of credit bureaus with peoples late payment history and their trade is the car that they are late on and usually well beyond 60 days late. So what happened here? In my opinion Honda along with every other creditor was sufferring massive losses. So they targeted those that have higher incomes than normal, higher payments than normal and watched them for the first sign of a slip. This way they can do what they did. Why not, if you can offset your losses by making another group pay for it, and get away with legal thievery. Here is where I am at. I am looking for a great Lawyer who will take on Honda for a CLASS ACTION Lawsuit. I believe there are hundreds if not thousands of good people out there who were not more than 60 days late and made attempts to make good faith payments and were abused by Honda. If you interested please respond to this comment.

Sep 17, 2010

Good luck with that. Just what the world needs, another lawsuit. The real issue is you were 45 days past due! Had you contacted Honda and let them know what was going on? Your story is rather suspicious, and like most of the posts from people who were past due on payments, lacks accountability. Here is my advice, next time you for finance a car, pay on time.

Sep 20, 2010

BetrayedbyHONDA ... HFS does not have a program to "target" people ... and your redeemed repo, that is offered to everyone who has a car repossessed. Generally if they give the go ahead to let you back in the car you must pay all past due balance and any current due if your next due date is within 2 business days, and other past due fees on the account & then you must pay repossession and storage fees. The only time they would require you to pay additional amounts is if you are leasing, your history is extremely poor and you are a flight risk (one that hides the cars) ... also, they did not repossess your car if it was 15 days past due... they cannot do that. If your car was out for repo and you sent your check to the bank processing center and it was cashed, then yes that can happen but in that case if they will refund the money. The checks get cashed by the bank, the bank cannot post the funds to your account so it goes into suspense and a message is sent to the branch that handles your account, they check to see if your car was picked up, if it was then it is a valid repo, if it wasn't then they decide if they accept the funds, cancel the repo or reject your funds and refund them to you. Don't twist the situation around for sympathy towards yourself... I no longer work for them and I would never work for them again - but fair is fair and they are very reasonable in their collection practices!!!

Nov 09, 2010

I am dumb-founded by these remarks.Today Honda said they have been looking for my car for a week. I am 35 days past due.So to the previous Honda rep, you are not correct.They will and are actively looking for my car.I finally reach a nice person there and am making 3 payments tomorrow.That is what they said I HAD TO PAY!The 2 reps I spoke with today made me cry.I have worked since I was 16 and I am 28 now.I lost my job as a banker and am now in Dental Hygiene School to get off unemployment asap.They reps today kept yelling we are coming for you car you need to handle your bills.I told her do not speak over me, we both cant speak at the same time.she sjust kept interrupting.I said listen...all I am trying to do is get an "intent to repo" letter and my husband's 401k will pay you in 3 days!!She said I cant rewrite our systems just for you...???huh...I said what are you talking about.My theory: I owe 5k on a car that I have already paid 20k on. I believe they want my car because now it is profitable to them.It is sad.When I was in school I worked for Capital One Auto Finance and we were NEVER to say the word repo til consumers were 90-120 days past due.I was the sweetest collector and people kept their word because I had Empathy...Never threats.My husband and I have been fighting.Over nothing.They are not worth it and we know this is not worth a fight and understand this company is crazy.So to finish off the last rep I talked to told me to hide my car!They are soooo bi-polar.I am so confused.All I needed was a form.Last time I cheked you don't need to re-so an entire computer system to send an email or even a copy of a previous bill!!!Anyways my father in law who is a judge is taking care of it and we are paying him back somehow with the hardship 401k loan..somehow!

Nov 09, 2010

@ sarajolow ... If you are 35 days past due, they can repossess your vehicle, not 15 as others like to claim. If this was the FIRST time you were over 30 dpd they would more than likely not repo your car. It really depends on if you are in constant contact with them. If in fact you need 3 days to wire them the money, then yes, hide your car so the repo men cannot locate it. If you need more time then that, then you would need to worry about legal issues. You can always just pay off your car if you are able to borrow the money from your father in law. I can honestly tell you they do not "target" people or look at what you owe on the car!!! Also, if you are under a certain amount, they won't repo the car anyways and just charge the balance off to your credit. Repo's cost a lot of money and if there is a low balance remaining on your car it is just good business sense. As far as the reps, I cannot speak for individuals, Honda Financial Services POLICY is to treat the customer with respect even if they are past due. If you are being treated otherwise (and also treating the person you are on the phone with respect) then you need to report them to their supervisor. HFS/AFS does take these matters seriously. If you are yelling and cussing out the reps, then you will not be taken seriously. Capitol One Auto Finance may have different contract, but HFS contracts due state, per state laws, that they have the right to repossess after the grace period, which is generally 10 days. HFS doesn't repo until 31 dpd and only if you have a poor history or no contact with them. There are just too many late accounts to repo every car at 30 dpd!! If you have any additional questions, I would be happy to answer them for you - also give you any pointers in how to help!

Nov 20, 2010

thanks for your help:-) So my car is up to date.Now I am STILL trying to satisfy our 401k company with a letter or proof that the car was in repo so we can make a repayment to my father0 in law.ARGH...they sent a copy of the contract...very broad...I need this letter.Any ideas?Thanks!!

• Wi
      Jan 06, 2011

It is true. this company is deceptive, my car was totaled and they awaiting GAP payment so, a long story short they told me to make one last payment and the account was to be placed on hold and GUESS WHAT? Idiots lied to me so the only advise they gave me was if you dont pay another month we will hurt your credit like we did last month. I'm so disappointed with this company that i did make the payment to payoff the account and will payoff my other vehicle i dont want HONDA FINANCIAL SERVICES' business never ever again.

• Fh
      Jan 12, 2011

Good morning. Just woke up to my car being towed with no notice of possession, from my drive way, despite communications with a rep to arrange payment this month. I fell a little behind and thought we were in agreement that I would make arrangements this week. They must really have their head up their A$$ to say one thing and do another. I agree with this complaint: they are deceptive. Do not trust your HFS rep. Do not park your car near your home if you are behind payment (they will find it). Make your payment or sell your car. I will not buy another Honda and after I get my car back, I will be selling it.

• Hf
      Apr 14, 2011

Hello everyone,
    I see most of the claims here based on late payments which they're subjects to late fees and charges then proper actions according to the company guidelines. I also had a few late payments and fees due to being hospitalized from combat related injuries and I had always paid the charges. I also returned my lease car early and paid the remaining balance till the mature -date on my contract. Now, they are after me for " interest" charges which they can't explain where they came from. A HFS rep. told me they incurred back in 2008 which never showed on my online statements. I had a pre-set monthly payment every month so I am not sure how that could happened. I took them to small claim 2 months ago. However, I wasn't prepared, nor I had any documents in my possession since I was still in the hospital and I've always managed to pay everything online. I also find out that only reported possession of the car in December (after they send it off and sell in an auction) and I returned it in May (DMV records). I also found out that my credit score has been damaged tremendously by them. This company shouldn't be in business, so if you really think you may have a case and mistreated by this Evil suck blooding Honda Financial Service, please contact me and let's see how we can bring the proper documents that shows their wrong doing.

If you are an ignorant and against this idea and think everyone should pay his bills on time, while they should when they can, if they can't there are laws to what the proper way to deal with late payments and compensate for this as well. However, not to misuse the system and their power in lie and deceive people just to make another buck. That been said, do me a favor and save us your comment. This is NOT just another lawsuit, I actually don't care about the lawsuit money, I wouldn't mind give it all to charity but what I mind is a company like this to exist. Maybe another company should be in their business and treat people the right way that we fought hard and bled to have in this country or might as well have Gadhafi roll this country and let all the big guys do what like!!

Let me know if you have any suggestion and also if we can create a facebook page to reach out for anyone who have really suffered their mal-practice.

Thanks to you all

• Bm
      Apr 21, 2011

I have leased two cars through Honda Financial, the first was an Acura TL -was never late by a single day on payments and the second was an Accord which was never a day late until June last year. My wife and I three years ago were making a combined income of over $200k a year. My wife was forced to leave her job and go on Medical Disability and I lost my job a year later.

When we knew we were not going to be able to make payment, I called HFS to let them know of the situation. Most of the people that we spoke to were very nice. At times we got to 60 days late, but were able to get current. We stayed in contact with HFS at least once a week, but everyday they would call with computer dialing systems even though I spoke to the a day before. Due to my wife's medical expenses I got behind 90 days and was able to get back to current. Then the rep wanted the next months payment as well or threatened repo. I told her we just sacrificed other bills to get current. I asked them multiple times if I could go on suspended payment plan of a reduced payment plan, each time they said yes, but never followed through.

Then a couple months ago after I made a payment a couple days prior and spoke with them two days before, the repo agent came at 2:30am and took the car with only two months left on the lease. I gave them the keys and they would not let me retrieve my belongings from the car and only gave me what was in the trunk.

HFS never sent me written notice of my right to redeem with the date and time of when they were going to auction the car. In Michigan, they have to send written notification of your rights. Then, a couple weeks ago I get my deficiency amount. I found who bought the car which was a Honda Dealership in Lousianna. I called the dealership to ask how much they bought the car for. Cause Honda said they got $16, 700 and I owed $16, 700, but my credit report said I owed over $17, 000? The dealership had the car for sale for $20k with only 26k miles on it.

HFS never notified me of my rights and when I called them to question them on why, they said they did not have to cause it was a leased vehicle. I told them that was not the case and if they want me to pay the balance then we will negotiate the balance for half of what is owed which would be $400 and you take it off of my credit report. A couple days later, I get a notice for a collections agency. Now I am sending them a verification letter and I disputed the account with credit agencies.

I will not pay them until I get the accurate amount owed, my personal belongings back and a copy of the lease agreement. My copy was in the glove box with my insurance and registration.

They did not send me the name and number of the company who they hired to take the car. When I finally got that information, I called and they said why did you take so long to call, I said that HFS did not give me your information until I demanded it. I told them about my belongings and they said that by now, we might have disposed of them, but we have your license plate.

I will never get another Honda again.

• Pi
      Apr 28, 2011

Please feel free to share your experience you had with American Honda Finance Corporation at piggybankblog.com. We have announced a protest and a lawsuit against American Honda Finance Corporations potentially irregular, fraudulent and simply abusive collection methods at the following link:
    We are especially interested in any complaints that you might have against a manager named “Aaron” and “Lawanda” at American Honda Financial Corporation. So please feel free to contact us directly at [protected]@earthlink.net, if you have any information on these individuals that you think would be helpful.
    Also, you can call American Honda Financial Corporation directly, if you are having a problem with them too, but be sure to let them know that you support the Wright vs. American Honda Financial Corporation lawsuit. Let them know that you are going to report your issue to piggybankblog.com, which might suggest accountability to them. You may contact them at [protected] to let them know you support our protest.
    Divided we might have fallen America! But United we shall stand!
    My name is John Wright AND I AM FIGHTING BACK!
    John Wright
    Piggybankblog.com

• Pd
      Sep 02, 2011

I too am an avid, angry, advocate against American Honda Finance! I made a final contract payment in 2007 and expected to receive my vehicle title; instead I received a bill from Honda for $333 which they claim is for late fees, which I refuse to pay. After supplying them with detailed 60 month contract documentation, I discovered they did not account for 2 installments. I sent them a copy of the cancelled checks - they dismissed the 2 installment discrepancy - still claims the $333 is due. Since 2007 - 4 years now, they have been holding my vehicle title hostage and posting consistent negative reports to the credit bureau. I pray that something akin to the Toyota scandal will happen with them as well, except that it will be more adverse and have a greater and negative impact to the profits they enjoy from the American consumer.
    PDJ
    Chicago, IL

• Su
      Sep 15, 2011

Breast cancer patient who got 60 days behind. Talked and talked and talked to make payment arrangements to catch up within three weeks. Denied. They harrassed my elderly father who is a reference and not c0-signee even though they were in regular contact with us. Attorney calls and tells us that if we don't turn in the car by last week he is filing a warrant for our arrest. We saw a lawyer and decided to file a Chapter 13 which was long overdue. People get sick, people lose their jobs and this is the only way we can stay afloat. Plus my credit sucks from medical bills anyway so its the best thing. The lawyer is being abusive and threatening. Our lawyer is calling him with our bankruptcy number today. CEASE AND DESIST. Unethical. They won't take your money even if you try. Why? Because we are less than a year from payoff and owe less than the car is worth. Scummy lawyer said they have a "committee' to decide which cars to take. Not sure about the warrant, I think it is a civil issue but he swears he can do it. Now he can't. He did our family a favor. I have ALWAYS paid my bills until I got sick.

• Su
      Nov 18, 2011

FYI, an update on suvivingbyathread. Honday finance hired a lawyer to STALK us and disobey a STAY order by the bankruptcy court. They are supposed to cease and desist ALL contact with us until our court hearing but have already sent two letters to us in violation of court order. They state that although we ower 5, 000 on our car, they now say we owe 7, 000 and are demanding 11, 660 on the car which they state is the "resale value". WE OWER 5, 000 but because they could supposodly get 11, 000 they are demanding we pay that even though we paid off all but 5, 000 of the car. Our lawyer says this is illegal but the letters are harrassing and we plan to sue. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

• Ho
      Jan 19, 2012

You guys do know that all these people agreeing with Honda are Honda reps, right? Why else would they be commenting against everything you post on a complaints board when they make no complaints themselves. Don't reply to them as a matter of fact once you see their name just skip their comment altogether, they are not posting anything helpful. What you guys should do is record the conversations you have with these reps when you try to work things out with them, and report them to some media outlet or post on YouTube, once it gets around how you guys are be treated im pretty sure they will change their tune. Good luck

• Ab
      Jan 26, 2012

Sounds like "the truth shall set u free" works for Honda. And EVERYBODY has financial problems once in a while, "the truth shall set u free" will have them sooner or later. And I hope he/she receives the same compassion they offer to everyone else. What goes around comes around.

• Me
      Mar 29, 2012
    American Honda Finance Corporation - car frame bent at left back wheel
    ourisman honda of laurel
    3371 Ft. Meade road laurel md 21724
    Laurel
    Maryland
    Phone: [protected]

I MELISSA JOHNSON 5418 bucknell road baltimore md 21206 WENT TO MR TIRE TO GET OIL CHANGE WHEEL ROTATION WHEN I WAS TOLD TO COME LOOK AT THE PICTURE ON COMPUTER OF MY CAR THEY EXPLAIN HOW MY CAR SHOULD LOOK AND THE COLOR THE COMPUTER SHOULD REGISTER WHEN THE COMPUTER TAKE THE PICTURE MY CAR WAS LENING TO RIGHT INSTEAD OF SITTING UP STRAIGHT IT ALSO SHOWED RED AREA INSTEAD OF GREEN AREA MR TIRE GAVE ME A COPY OF THE PRINT OUT TO SHOW AS MY PROOF THEY ALSO TOLD ME THE FRAME WAS BENT BEVAUSE WHOM EVER TRANSPORTED MY CAR TO DEALER CRANK IT TO TIGHT AND THE CAR DEALER SHOULD HAVE CHECK CAR OVER ONCE UNLOADED OFF THE TRUCK THAT TRANSPORTED THE VIHECLE TO LAUREL

• La
      Apr 24, 2012

I agree with the sentiment here..Honda Financial Services is awful and I wish I could warn others. We have excellent credit and have paid on time. But, they are a pain to deal with and ready to rip us off at every turn. I could tell you all the problems but trust me on this...go to your local credit union and deal with decent people who will look out for you. That's what I am doing now.

• Qq
      Jul 14, 2012

This is what they do. But they will only come after your car if they A) Need cash so they can stay within the cash to loan debit rules. 2) You have enough equity in your car they can get all of their money plus some for "fees"

Here is what some of you need to do. Look at your contract. A lot of Honda contracts state that you are in default after 30 days late. I they repo a car when you are not 30 days late sue them.

Also look at your states rules. Do they require or does case law require them to send you a notice of default and right to cure letter? IF it does sue them. They are one of the worst out there. The problem is they have a lot of account managers working for them that will hit the repo button because you proved them wrong or they just don't like the way you talked to them. I have my lawsuit ready. I wasn't even late. Their payment system broke and it rejected my payment. I submitted a payment the day I got their letter that the payment system messed up and resent my payment. But that same night they came and broke into my car and took it. They also broke into my other car and damaged it because they couldn't read the VIN numbers.

Don't buy a Honda they are getting worse and worse. Break last half as long. Parts are falling off and the cars will rattle because of lose bolts or made design. I am done with their over priced and rude staff. I hop they go out of business!

• Qq
      Jul 14, 2012

@realy... That is just not true anymore. I suppose you work /worked there. They are a just a huge bunch of rude people there now. There are a few nice ones, but you usually only get to them after complaining and you only hear from them to say sorry we reviewed the tapes and you were right even though we told you that you were wrong in the first place. What is funny about your logic and their logic, too. Say you bought a car and then something happened. You are in a tight spot and are late 30 or 60 days 20 times in your contract. So on the 21 time they repo the car when you are 30 days late. Why? To get back at you for being late? You have shown you try to make payments when you can. . .right? You have shown no mater how hard it has been you will always pay your bill and the late fees, right? Wouldn't you be less likely to repo a car if someone has always tried to make a payment even when times were tough. I don't think there are many people in the world that sit there with thousands of dollars in the bank thinking I love talking to these rude people everyday 3 times a day. I love paying late fees. I am not going to pay any of my bills today.

If they accept late payments -- in most states it has been held in court -- they must send a letter saying they will not accept anymore late payments before they can stop accepting them and take your car. They have given you a waiver of their rights by their course of action.