American Home Shield / not reliable/really sticks it to you

1 Kentuckeylouisville, United States Review updated:

Do not use american home shield. They really stick it to you. The companies that come out to fix "things", don't really fix them and you still have to pay for it.
No matter what you have fixed.
I had it happen several times and one time I fixed the toilet and someone came out and they charged me for it.
It is a rip off.
I have asked for a manager and they put me on hold for 25 min now. So I know they are doing this on purpose.
Don't use them.

Sa
May 8, 2015

Comments

• Do
      11th of May, 2009
    American Home Shield - Arrogant and untruthful
    ahswarranty.com

Arrogant and untruthful in all aspects. Refused to honor policy to repair/replace refrigerator. Total sham!

• Vc
      12th of May, 2009
    American Home Shield - Unhonored Contract
    Florida

Had American Home Shield home warranty for 15 months, and when I needed repair of my a/c unit there was no provider in my area. Big rip-off if you live in a rural area. I am in process of filing complaints.

• St
      11th of Jul, 2009
    American Home Shield - Total shame
    ahswarranty.com

Would not honor the policy to repair or replace refrigerator. Falsely advertises what they will do and then squirms out of any commitment. Total sham!

• Al
      16th of Jun, 2010
    American Home Shield - Scam - poor service for years
    Winston Salem
    North Carolina

I could "comment" on every complaint listed on the Board and agree with them all. I have asked AHS if the company is simply a scam. It took me too long, after doing battle with them re AC unit, to realize I was never going to get it resolved...after having been a client for years...
    If you are smart enough to do your research before "joining" hopefully you will see all of these complaints and avoid the company.

• Dm
      7th of Jul, 2010

We had an inspector say our hot water heater was leaking and rusted and needed to be replaced. We called AHS and they sent out a plumber, who said nothing was wrong with our hot water heater, even though our water was turning dark brown and was leaking. We called AHS back and they had the company send a "senior tech" (yeah, sure). He decided that it was leaking and needed to be replaced and that our second one had leaked at one point and was not leaking now, so that one wouldn't be replaced. The cost to replace the one hot water heater for us would be $526.00, plus the $60.00 service charge, for a total of $586.00. I am getting nowhere with AHS. I called the corporate office and got the same run-around. They say they are replacing the hot water heater, but all the other charges are ours. It seems we could call someone on our own and get it done for less or at least the same price without using AHS. This company is a BIG RIP-OFF. I would suggest that everyone use another company, if there are any good ones out there. We are so disgusted and disappointed with AHS that we will NEVER use them again!!!

• Re
      9th of Jul, 2010
    American Home Shield - I am being put on hold for hours just to ask a question
    ahs.com

Every time I have someone come out they charge me a service fee with no intention or tools to fix the problem and when they find out the problem it is never covered. As well as being put on hold for hours just to ask a question. Bad Company and Bad News for me.

• Ar
      4th of Nov, 2010
    American Home Shield - Washer warranty repairs
    Beverly Hills
    California

After 5 weeks of warranty repairs, American Home Shield's appliance repair vendor Magic Appliance, Inc. of Sherman Oaks, California still did not repair our washer machine. We ended up buying a new machine at a cost of over $ 880.00. American Home Shield then offered us $ 55.00 as a pay-off for the washer. I would never recommend AHS to anyone.

• De
      18th of May, 2011
    American Home Shield - Coverage
    Valencia
    California

I have been with American Home Shield for 3 years and two houses, had numerous calls in for repairs and not one thing has been covered. I have now spent many of thousands of dollars on insurance and co-pays and they always found a reason for something not to be covered. I give up, cancelling my coverage and going back to Fidelity. AHS is a scam !!

• De
      10th of Jun, 2011
    American Home Shield - Air Conditioner
    Maryland

Paid AHS for services. Sent out company that is charging me for services that has already been paid to AHS. AHS is a fraud they are doing bad and fraudulant business. They companies that they are contracting out is doing bad business as well. They did not charge my sister, cousin nor friend for the same exact services that they are charging me for.

• Do
      18th of Aug, 2011
    American Home Shield - 4 Repairs to diswasher stil not fixed
    Georgia

I have had 4 different technicans to look at my dishwasher and it is still holding water. How many people does it take to try to repair something that can not be fixed. AHS is awful, their service is awful. I am canceling my contract ASAP!

• Md
    American Home Shield - High rates & mediocre service
    Maryland

I was thinking about switching from my current home warranty company (i.e., AHS) to Choice Home Warranty because of AHS's high rates (for both the annual premium & service calls) and mediocre service, but after reading all of the poor reviews of CHS on this website, I think that I'll keep looking for another option. Does anyone have any recommendations for a better company?

• Th
      18th of Aug, 2012

Do it yourself. Save the cash you pay to AHS into a separate savings account and accumulate it for home repairs, etc. I only have American Water Resources for water and sewer lines outside the home.

• Th