American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] / hvac - lack of repair & service

1 Pomfret, MD, United States

I called on may 4th regarding a failed a/c unit and was contacted by the air supply services [protected]). When I spoke to the dispatcher, the first available appointment was may 11th. Given that it was more than??? Days to satisfy an appointment, I called ahs back to have them recall the request and find someone who could come out sooner. That request was denied as part of the service agreement. I reiterated that a week to wait for a repairman to come out is not right. Fast forward to friday, the service tech arrives and spends 5 minutes trying to find the problem and diagnosis the situation. He told my father-in-law that he found and fixed the problem which was related to the inside unit in the attic. Before I could contact the tech for resolution, my father-in-law told me he was gone. When I called later that afternoon for follow-up, the office was closed for the weekend. I then called my own repair company, who came out on saturday, diagnosed the problem, which was not what the a.S. S. Company indicated and fixed the system.
I then called ahs to get my $75 service fee back and they said that regardless of what the outcome is, the company is paid the service fee. I reiterated to her the circumstances above and lisa proceeded to get the vendor on the line. The vendor indicated that they "tried" to get a hold of me and was unable to. When I check my phone log, I found no record of them "trying" to call em in missed calls, etc. At the end of the day, they are not going to refund the service fee, even though, they misdiagnosed the issue and did not repair the system.
I will be calling the number lisa would not provide to me to complain to corporate [protected]) and notify them that I will be looking for another home warranty service provider.

Ed