American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] / dryer repair

Smithfield, NC, United States

I reported my dryer not heating on 9/30/2018. as of 10/19/2018, it has not been repaired. No one called me until 10/2/2018 after I called AHS who then contacted Same Day Appliance Repair (SDAR) .
I received a call from the SDAR who scheduled it for Friday 10/5/18. The repairman came out on Friday, determined that the heating element was bad and he had to order the part.
On 10/10/18, I accessed my AHS account and found that the repair status was "Authorization under review". So I called AHS and the rep stated that it was under review and she would expedite the process. On 10/12. I called AHS again and while on hold, I accessed AHS Chat and was told that the repair had been approved on 10/8/18, the same day it was submitted. So both the rep and the online had incorrect information. So I called Same Day Appliance Repair and was advise they were waiting on the part.
On 10/17, Same Day Appliance Repair called and scheduled it for 10/18. On 10/18, the repairman came with the part and installed it. The Dryer still did not work. So he requested that the dryer be replaced.
On 10/19, after checking the status online finding status to be "May be eligible for replacement _call AHS"; I called AHS and the rep (Brenda @ 12:59 PM) transferred me to Appliance Replacement. I was on hold for 45 minutes and the someone or something disconnected me. Now I've got to start all over. I called AHS back and got Dayton (2:21 pm) and after I express my urgency in getting my dryer working, she advised me that the approval process could take 2-5 business days and once I review and respond with the selected dryer, then another 2-5 business days to receive the dryer. I stated that I was not willing to wait up to to another two weeks for a dryer after already waiting 3 weeks. She then advised that I could take the cash reimbursement option where I go purchase a replacement dryer and send AHS the invoice for reimbursement. I elected to go purchase a dryer immediately.

AHS has several problems: misinformation from rep, no followup with customer,
training issues, lack of staff to handle customers. I did on all occasions elect to be called back when a rep was available, but after I received the callback, I had to wait 10-15 minutes before a rep was available. The 45 minute hold for Appliance Replacement and then getting disconnected is terrible customer service.

Very upset and disappointed with AHS customer service and repair process!

James Murphy