American Home Shield And Sears / Service

United States Review updated:

It took me over 3 weeks to get an appointment with Sears through American Home Shield to fix my built in Microwave. The appointment was between 1 pm & 5 pm and they were supposed to call me the day of the appointment, which was a week away to let me know exactly what time the service person would show up. The morning of the appointment I prepared veggies to be put in the pressure canner but waited to pressure them until after the appointment so the stove would not be hot for the service person. At 3:30 on the day of the appointment I had not heard from sears so I called to verify they for sure was coming. The person answering calls said he would check with dispatch and has them call me with a time. About 3 minutes later I got an automated phone call informing me my appointment had been canceled and for me to call to reschedule. I called to reschedule and needless to say I was not a happy camper. The appointment they gave me is a week and a half away! They said dispatch had overbooked the service which was coming from Houston…Do you believe that? I don’t! I ask for a local number so I could voice my dissatisfaction but he said he was not allowed to give out that info. All I can call is a call station out of state and I might get someone in the United States or someone in the Middle East! I like their products but I will NEVER buy from them again because of taking so long to service their product! The last time I called American Home Shield about a wiring problem they sent out someone from American Quality Electric in Houston, Texas who took my $60.00 and Said American Home Shield would not pay for that and left. I never heard from American Home Shield. American Home Shield has never paid a claim for me!

Comments

• Aa
      20th of Mar, 2012

Dear Chasnadbab,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the repair communication failure and disappointment surrounding the failure of your microwave. We would like the chance to look further into this situation, and make things right by you.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the microwave was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Chasnadbab you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.