American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. / disorganized/changing account info

american home mortgage servicing, inc.
4600 regent blvd. Suite 200
Phone: 8773043100
To whom it may concern,

My name is Travis Bowers, I live in Camden, Delaware where I have had a mortgage for three years with American Home Mortgage, They went bankrupt and are now operating as American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. I have been a perfect customer, no issues.

In November 2008 I received a letter stating my payment was not received. My Bank (PNC) shows different. It was paid on time and returned to the bank from AHM because they did not know what to do with the money. After contacting them they told me they changed my account number. Because I pay on-line through my bank automatically every month I do not look at my monthly statements because I know it's paid.

They refused to drop an $80 dollar late fee and restore my credit, in fact they demanded I pay it over the phone immediately for a $14.95 processing fee. I refused, set up the new account information through my bank and paid it on-line.

My concern is how many customers did they do this to? Theoretically if they have 30, 000 customers and say half of them pay automatically as I do then they stand to make a nice bit of money from fraudulent late charges and phone processing fees.

This matter has been reported to the FTC ( FTC Ref. No. 21344046 ) and the FBI but it has now reached a new level and the FTC and FBI are aware of this too as of an hour ago.

January 23, 2009 I received a letter from AHM stating that I have not paid the mortgage for January. I paid it on January 2, 2009 and this time my account has not been changed nor have they returned the payment. They have it and it is paid but not according to them.

I have all records documented showing I am in the right.

I need someone with higher authority to show these people this is not how to do business, especially with a perfect paying customer. They need to answer for their actions or be prosecuted for fraud.

As of right now I am concerned what they have done to me and are doing to other customers . . . not to mention what this is doing to my personal credit.

I have tried to reason with them stating it was their mistake:
Drop the late charge!!! To be candid everyone I have spoke to at AHM has been an ### and refuse to right their wrong.

If your office does not handle this sort of thing can you please direct me to the proper authority that can.

Travis Bowers

Mortgage company contact info:

American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.
4600 regent Blvd. Suite 200
Irving TX [protected]

More American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Plus American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. - Class Action Lawsuit!!! [14]

A  17th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have had the same issue with AHMSI starting in November 2008. They have hit me with multiple late charges even though the payments have been made on time and still they refuse to credit the late fees. In addition they have impacted my credit rating due to "two months" of non-payment on the account.

If you are escrolling the property tax on a monthly basis, you might want to check if they are making the payments on the right property. AHMSI has been paying the property taxes on the wrong property for the last year in my situation. I have tied many, many, many times to get them to correct the payment with no results.

If you would like to talk about our mutual frustration, please give me a call at 262-593-5053 or email at sberry1@charter.net

Matt Berry
A  28th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
OMG-so I am not the only one huh? I have been with them for over three years but yet funny that they have yet to pay my property taxes too and they said I make my payments late and put that on my credit but I ALWAYS pay it on time. When you call they hang up on you or pretend that they cannot hear you. Get ahold of me if there is something more I can be doing!!!

A  1st of Apr, 2009 by
I have been requesting a copy of old statements, 2005 year end tax statement since February 11, 2009...it is now April 1, 2009 and they have told me today that I need to be "more patient" almost 2 months of waiting for information means I am not patient according to their standards.

I had a similar problem with American Home Mortgage before they went bankrupt. They eventually sent me a later for the credit bureaus acknowledging the mistake, but it was in someone else's name with my property address.

On Friday AHMSI3 sent me a copy of the 1098 2005 form with property address, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, etc. of some lady in Arizona. How do we know they are not erroneously sending our private tax information, including our social security numbers, etc. to other customers? This seems like an awfully big mistake to me, I mean I could wreak havoc with all the information I have on this woman.

A  9th of Apr, 2009 by
I retained an attorney to help with the problems I, too, am having with AHMS. I also spent one hour or more on the phone with a representative from HopeAlliance who let me know that the Customer Service Reps at AHMS are on a commission structure. My attorney is Mr. Barry Baker of Charleston SC, who has dealt with this company before. Will see how it goes...

M. Nutwell
A  24th of Aug, 2009 by
I too have been duped by this poor excuse for a company. In the years that I have had my loan "serviced" by these thieves - I originally had a loan with Columbia National, who became American Home Mortgage, who became, AHMSI - They have:
1. Changed my account number,
2. Charged me late fees when I was not late, ( I was actually on the phone with them on the 14th of the month, complaining about a late fee on my account for the previous month when the mail arrived with my next month's statement and there was already a late fee accrued on the bill, when it wasn't even past the 16th!)
3. Increased my mortgage payment by $480 per month for an "escrow shortage", that was unfounded and later had to cut me a check for over $3, 000,
4. Paid my taxes late and then took the penalties and intrest out of my escrow account,
5. And are now charging me for their homeowners insurance (3 times the price of my existing policy), because they say mine has lapsed.

I finally got them to remove the insurance by faxing them constantly for about 3 days. That lasted a week, until I received a computer generated letter stating that they reviewed my account and found that I needed homeowners insurance and that they will provide my account with insurance if I don't provide them with the new policy.

I despise this company!