American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. / Class Action Lawsuit!!!

American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.
I requested a reassement of my house in November 2008 and I was told by someone in the insurance division that they would reassess and let me know if there would be an adjustment to my mortgage and that never happened nor did I receive any documentation regarding my request on November 20, 2008. I also was told that I qualify for a loan modification in late February 2009 based our income, profit & loss statements (dated February 10, 2009) and other information that was faxed to them. The customer service representative (their customer service is located in India) told me I would be contacted within 10 business days and that never happened.

I then called the main number [protected]) on March 2, 2009 and complained that the loan negotiator has not contacted me. That person then transferred me to loan negotiator Michael Tsataros (ext. 66164 - he’s located in Florida). My husband and I talked to him about our loan and he told us we do qualify but all modifications were on hold because of the stimulus plan approval and that we should check in with him on a weekly basis. I proceeded to call and leave him messages about once a week and he never returned my phone calls nor did I receive any sort of written documentation detailing the terms/status of the proposed modification. Please keep in mind I have left him a total of five messages as of today.

The second week of March we received a letter (dated March 9th) that we were denied the loan modification because the investor would not allow it at this time. After pleading with multiple customer service representatives in India they gave me my investor’s name: Harborview Mortgage Trust and Loan. When I asked for Harborview’s phone number they refused to give it. I told them I wished to get directly in touch with the company who owned our loan and they said they would not give any contact info and that such disclosure is “against the law”.

After many Google searches for this company all I found were lawsuits pending regarding Securities Fraud. On March 25th I called AHMSI insurance division (800.278.9939) and spoke to a representative in Nebraska and I once again had to explain my situation she then advised me to call this same number and select the Spanish option in order for me to get someone stateside. I was told to fax my written request for the investors contact information to the attention of “The Resolution Department” (their fax number [protected]) and I did fax my written request to this department. I received a computer generated letter that basically said I had to wait 60 days before I will hear if anything at all. I can see that your fax numbers change consistently and you changed out loan number without letting us know and had the nerve to charge us a penalty.

It’s quite unsettling dealing with this company in general and I really don’t feel secure with exactly where my money is going and how it’s being handled. I have filed complaints on consumeraffairs.com and with my local government.

More American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Plus American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. - disorganized/changing account info [5]

N  28th of Apr, 2009 by

Direct line 214-260-8794
Fax 866-274-1503
A  2nd of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
i also have aproblem with this company...they did not pay my home owners insurance..they told me that i live in a townhouse ..which i live in 4 bdr 2bath home.l.trying to get answers is ilke pulling teeth need attys name to speak with
N  26th of Aug, 2009 by

800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy
West Des Moines, IA 50266
A  6th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
My wife Karen and I owned a house in Henderson, Nv. 810 Schooner Drive 89015. Americas Home Mortgage company absolutely positively would not work with us on dropping the interest rate. We called again.and again The payments were choking us out financially but being paid on time The loan was for $320.000.00. after 3 years of this we could no longer make the payments After it foreclosed and someone else bought it.It sold for $140.000.00 if they would have just brought the interest rate down even just a little it would have been affordable.

2151 Sunnyside Ave Apt. 125 Sincerely,
Clovis Ca. 93611 Aldino & Karen Morelli
A  9th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Has anyone gotton any resolution with this company? Is there a lawsuit? I am helping a lady from our church to do a loan modification, we started in June and we are still getting jerked around. We have gone though EVERY hoop for them and we still are getting no where.
A  30th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I got a lawyer because I've been getting jerked around since 2007...first Ameriquest who refused our payments when we were a month behind, then as we were "working out" a solution with them (yeah right, we did everything they asked while they did nothing), suddenly Citi Financial owns our mortgage and before we could even deal with them, AHMSI owns our mortgage. We ended up getting a lawyer but I'm pretty sure after almost 2 years that he is on their side. We did get a good offer on the interest rate, 4.25% but then they added $56, 000 in interest and mysterious fees so now our mortgage payment is higher than when they stopped accepting our payments and our house isn't worth what we owe. Their offer insists we sign a waiver saying we won't be party to any lawsuit after this so called settlement but I refuse to sign even though my lawyer (at least I think he works for me) said it's standard procedure! No, I would be a part of any class action lawsuit against these crooks in a heartbeat. We're probably going to lose our house, I have no faith in anyone who's supposed to be helping us...
A  9th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Our situation is about the same. This company took over our mortage in Feb. of 2009. We had Citi Financial prior to that. We have been battleing them ever since. We did not have insurance on our Citi loan and then they took over and automaticaly pute this on and our loan payment jumped $120.00 a month. We proved to them that we had been paying independently our own home owners insurance but had already payed $1900.00 in insurance monies in there hiked monthly rates. Then we asked for no Escrow in writing and they still havent taken this fee off. We did speak to a very nice lady in the Insurance Department and she even stated to us "they owe you this money". Have been fighting with them for this and now they stated they will pay us $700.00 of it. What happened to the $1900.00? No one can answer this!! All we get is run-around and being put on hold and they will check. We received our Jan bill and stated that we had to make our payment by the 16 of the month 3 days later we received another statement sayng that we owed for 2 months, when we called them the first lady said because you did'nt make your Dec. payment, I gave her the confirmation number then she put us over to a guy, he stated that you owe for November then we gave them the confirmation number for this month an then they stated let me check into it. They came back and stated well no you owe for March. We are at the point where we get so frustrated when talking to them. Our monthly payments are never the same. If you do have a late fee, this also always changes. We also had a man come out to our house to serve us with paper-work. He stated this is because you are behind on your payments. My Husband stated "how do you know that", the man replyed I deliver hundreds of these a day and they would'nt send me our here for nothing. This man demanded for my husband to call them while he was standng their, Of course my husaband denied this request. Then he got vulgar with my husband, come to find out, the paper inside the envelope stated they "wanted and new contact phone number" as we had gotten rid of our land-line phone due to so many calls. We have been contacted abot the class action lawsut and we did sign up. Awaiting further details about this. We have threatened to get our own lawyer to dispuit the money owed back to us and there so-called miss payments. After reading Multipe web-sites and the hundreds of complaints it seems that they want us to fail and go into forclosure. Does anyone know a way out. Our credit now has been ruined due to this company and we can't get a different mortage co. due to this. We feel we are in chains. If we pay we are behind and if we don't pay we are behind!!! Frustrated in Michigan
N  29th of Jun, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My situation is exactly the same! My only advice is to sue American Home Mortgage Servicer, Inc (AHMSI)!
The reason they don't want you to contact the owners or investors of your loan is simple... they don't know who owns your loan! In addition they don't have the proper paper work. It is negligent and against the Law with what they are doing and they know it too. Everyone should sue!
A  22nd of Jul, 2010 by
Ameriquest, Option1 and American Home Mortgage Serviceing are all the same company. I was on the foreclosure list after being out on workmans comp for over a year. I started actually trying to get a modifcation when I found out in 2007 I had no escrow account due to a resent refinance. Finally with days left before the sale this January they approved my modification. The papers were signed and returned in April, First payment under new loan was made June 1st. In the short term it works out for me, lower intrest and payments. In the long haul they make a killing, if I don't refinance before maturity date. My final payment will $173, 000.00 that is in 2035. My loan right now is only 255, 000.00. I've never seen a ballon/adjustable before. And they still want me to pay all the accrued late charges because of their slowness to respond. Interest from 8.625% to 2.35%. Why couldn't they do that in the begining.
A  27th of Jul, 2010 by
we have the same problem just about exactly as frustrated in new jersey we need a good lawyer
A  27th of Jul, 2010 by
we are having the same problems as new jersey i agree see all need to do something
A  19th of Dec, 2010 by
pLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO SIGN UP FOR CLASS ACTION AGAINST THIS COMPANY. Also please send any information on the company you may have . So we can contact the attorney's generals of the different states. Also to send copies to the CEO, Board od Directors, ans any INVESTORS WE CAN FIND

pLEASE SEND INFORMATION TO cjkyzer@hotmail.com
A  16th of Jan, 2017 by
This company added 60, 000 (that l was not informed about) to a modification I received, Now after thinking I paid a $129, 000 loan down to 73, 000, I am told I till owe $124, 000 on the loan because of a modification I received years ago. I need to know what I can do, this is highway robbery at it's best
A  21st of Jan, 2018 by
My parent who are older had a similar problem they were taking advantage of the HAMP so they thought, next thing they know it they were getting letters in the mail saying they were being foreclosed upon, and only had amonth to get out, yet they were paying the new amount that was agreed upon by them and they thoughts was the modification department. I knew a lady at the one smaller bank here and explained there issues with her, her managed the branch and felt bad for what they were going through as they never missed a payment prior to this. She refinance their LOANs, which was a mess because no one could get us an accurate payoff so we did they best we could to get rid of them. I am sure they overpaid these [censor]. Thank goodness for Joan but as for AHMSi shme on them for taking advantage of elderly poeple like that, then harrassing them for the next year. If anyone does sue let us know I will get my mom is, my dad has since passed but I have kept all the information just in case this ever results in a lawsuit for them..