American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc (AHMSI) / loan modifications

1 TX, United States Review updated:

AHMSI are nothing but a bunch of crooks. Our trouble started with them in July 2009 when they paid our property taxes AFTER we had already paid them (we were not escrowed). Then they said that WE had to pay THEM back that they would not wait for their refund from the county tax office and then because of THEIR mistake they did a forced escrow, even though we explained to them that they were the problem not us. The next fiasco with them is that we have been attempting to do a loan modification, in which they never return our phone calls (we’ve left as many as 20 messages in a week’s time with no response) or if they do decide to call us it is to ask for more and more documentation, which I send it to them the very same day of their request. This has been going on since October 2009 and still no word if they are going to do a mod or not. Third problem with them was with the homeowners insurance, which nothing had changed, same policy etc, but they claimed we didnt have insurance (this was December 2009), when we do. We had to send documentation of coverage numerous times. If you look at the report on at the U.S. Treasury website you will see that through the end of December 2009 they have only completed 232 permanent modifications, so for those of you who are so unfortunate to have your mortgage serviced by this company, I wouldn't hold my breath about getting a loan mod. If they don't do a loan mod we are walking and I hope this house sits empty until it falls down. I wouldn't wish this mortgage servicer on my worst enemy.

Comments

• La
      16th of Feb, 2010

they did the same thing to me.

16th of Feb, 2010

I strongly agree they did the same thing to me

• Wt
      21st of Feb, 2010

This company needs to be turned over to the Feds for investigation. Reading this is almost like someone read my mine and posted our problems. Thank you.

• Wt
      21st of Feb, 2010

I am in the process of researching all the complaints I can find and I am planning on discussing my options with my Attorney and possibly contacting the National News to assist. This is almost the same situation we just went through and they just bought our house back so we will be on the streets soon. What happen to all the Federal help?

22nd of Feb, 2010

I agree same thing here to me!

• Cm
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I am having problems with them too, I think a class action law suit is needed.

• Fe
      12th of Jul, 2010

Update...well of course they would not approve the loan mod, basically said the investors felt they would be better off foreclosing...We contacted a realtor that specializes in short sales to attempt to go that route. Sent in all the paperwork for the request for a short sale and what does AHMSI do? They processed all the paperwork as a loan mod request even though all the paperwork clearly stated that it was a request for a short sale...so here we go again...AHMSI tells us we have to resubmit all of the paperwork again! All of this started at the end of February...Realtor tells us the short sale process could take anywhere from 2-6 months if it even goes through...we opted rather than taking a chance of given only 10 days notice to move that we would find a rent house and let the old place sit until AHMSI decided what they were going to do...So, here it is July and still nothing, no short sale, no foreclosure (even though it was listed on the county's foreclosure sales for July 6), no nothing...I tell you, all I wanted was to do was a loan mod, stay in the house etc, and here I am in a rental...Funny thing is the rental is about $1000 per month less than the mortgage payment, and the house is 600 sq ft larger with a double car garage, 1000 sq ft shop and a little over double the acreage...To heck with you AHMSI and the investors, you get what you deserve...Ever hear of karma?