American Home Mortgage/AHMSI / Foreclosure

1 San Diego, CA, United States
Phone: (619) 410-4294

My husband and I purchased a home using American Home Mrtg/AHMSI for financing we put over $250, 000. down payment. My husband died suddenly after a 1 day diagnosis w/AML Leukemia I called Amer Home Mrtg about 6 weeks after the incident as the loan was only in my husbands name the lady was sympathetic but then asked to speak to my husband???it only went downhill from that point on with the Company I continued to make 13-14 payments as they said they would work w/me but when I continued to submit documents w/no response they went into BK I would be on hold with them for up to 3 hours and would be transferred around getting the run around from the Co. finally I quit paying them, I was verbally harassed by their India office over and over again and they continued even though I asked them not to call me until they have read the file. Needless to say they ended up foreclosing on the property. They did an appraisal on the property prior to the foreclosure and it was appraised at more than what we paid for the home at the peak of the market! Now they have put the home on the market for half a million dollars less than their appraisal, of course since they wrote the whole loss(?) off now they will sell it to someone for what I could have originally worked w/them on on price but then they wouldn't have received the gov't write offs. If they are not willing to work with the widow of a property owner they probably won't negotiate with anyone on loan modificatons/short sales etc. unless it benefits them financially. And look what the former CEO of the Company was charged with. There are enough of AHMSI clients out there that are being wronged by this bogus company we need to start a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT maybe that will get their ear!!!