American Heritage Insurance Services of Florida / Deliberate failure to fulfill contractual obligation

1 Denver, CO, United States Review updated:

After reading a few stories about American Heritage Insurance Services' dealing with other drivers, I just had to write. As luck would have it, I was involved in an accident on 1/27/09 in Denver CO. I was not at fault in this accident, yet my car was declared a total loss by both insurance companies. After looking at both settlement offers I went with my own insuror because they offered the higher amount, which still left a balance of $3100.61, of which American Heritage Insurance Services informed my Credit Union in March that they're only going to pay slightly over $900 for my "GAP" insurance, leaving me with a balance of slightly over $2000. (Note: Lender purchased "GAP" insurance for me at the time of purchase-June 2006.) This is, as far as I'm concerned, egregious intentional fraud and a breach of contract, as well as outright THIEVERY. And their stated reason(s) to rationalize this ? An Internal Credit Union feature/policy that is, in short, NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS. MY POINT: Insurance companies, like other service providers, can only do this nonsense to people if people allow it. They ARE subject to regulatory oversight and they ARE also frequent targets of consumer advocates and investigative reporters. If you believe you've been wronged by a company such American Heritage Insurance Services, take your complaint up with everyone it's possible to take it up with, and in parting I'd suggest that one start with the Division of Insurance in their state.

To

Comments

• Rl
      31st of Oct, 2010

American Heritage Insurance Services should be required to print a flag of Piracy on each and every sales contract, in which they offer to provide consumer coverage. This organizaton misleads the public into believing that the insureds debt Gap is actually covered and provides a false sense of security to the same. We spent many hours of information gathering for . Everything from the car purchase contract to a copy of the primary carrier's pay-off Check. Other items were also included in the information we were required to provide to AHiS. Ater much frustration and hours of telephone and internet communication; we would end up at a dead end and be required to send more of the same information again and again. They would then inform us the claim would have to be reviewed again by their so-called "Board" only to be rejected for lack of information, or some other time consuming excuse, on their behalf. Meanwhile, another car payment would become due for payment to the finance company. We would make the payment to protect our credit standing; all the while expecting AHiS, to make good on their end of the agreement. Meanwhile, we had purchased another vehicle, which meant another car payment we had to make. Long story short, AHiS has offered to pay a whopping $150. toward the remaining balance. BTW, we had no late payments on our payment contract.