American Greetings / unauthorized charges

I signed up for a trial membership in 2005 for yahoo ecards. Every year since I have automatically been charged for renewal. I am not able to take my credit card information off their site or cancel my membership. This year I decided I wasn't going to pay for another year - it's only $15 but the point is I don't want it and I dont' want my credit card information stored on their website - it's my right to not have it stored there which is the main basis of my complaint. Since I could not do this via online I had to call and then I had to wait at least 30 minutes for someone to answer and then they had trouble finding my account because it was under an alternative email address - even though the one I gave them is the one I need to sign in to the account. I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY AN AMERICAN GREETING PRODUCT AGAIN AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE NOT TO FALL FOR THEIR "TRIAL MEMBERSHIP" SCAM. A company should not be permitted to keep someone's credit card information on file - especially with all the problems lately with accounts being compromised.

To

Comments

• Pi
      12th of Nov, 2010

I agree with this complaint. AmericanGreetings also took (stoled ) $15.00 from my account. I haven't been to this sight in over a year and a half and they still took money from my account. I've "E" mailed them twice and they are too scared to return my money nor to get back to me!
    They should be Shut down!