American General / taking money

I took out a loan with american general ripoff financial, now springleaf because of all their unethical tactics. I got laid off, they put a small claims suit against me. I aquired a job, they started garnishing my checks. Mind you, my bankruptcy is paid for in full and they are included in it. They havent taken the collateral i put up, and now my debit card has been declined, because they have a hold on my checking account. Anyone that is thinking about taking out a loan with this company, DONT. They will ruin your lives. I have four kids, no money to my name now. Their attorneys, Krisor and Associates in South bend indiana will back them to the fullest. Things happen in peoples lives to where you are unable to make your payments to your creditors. The garnishment from my paychecks are understandable, BUT TAKING ALL THE MONEY I HAVE TO MY NAME IN MY CHECKING ACCOUT AFTER THEY TAKE MONEY FROM MY EMPLOYER IS JUST DOWNRIGHT SELFISH OF THIS COMPANY AND THEIR SO CALLED LAWYERS... I will be making a website about Springleaf and Krisor and associates telling my story and uploading all my documents. American general repossessed my truck before it went to small claims. They lied about the total amount to regain possession of my vehicle, then gave me a cheesy reciept with the dollar amout "blacked out with marker" to make me believe the total amout paid to the towing company "bower towing". So much anger towards two companies for unethical business practices. This company needs stopped. The people that work for them are just as bad as the administrators of the company...

Comments

12th of Jun, 2010
    American General - Bad business
    Jackson
    Tennessee

My husband took out a loan and I had the sign with him we stated no credit life, but the person put it there any way for a period of 60 months. My husband die the payment for the loan did not change and they stated the credit life is no good so I'am still paying the loan and the credit life too.

27th of Jun, 2010

My husband was the primary and a sign the loan with him the credit life was not ask for but it was put on the loan for 60 months but I was told it was no good any more and the payment or still the same. I did carry a death certificate to them and that's when I was told it would not pay. I didn't know that credit life was not for the term of a loan

29th of Jun, 2010

Can you tell me the best way to handler something like this? I have a child to take care of and very little money

21st of Dec, 2010
    American General - loan
    Wisconsin

I wouldn't recomend this company to anyone. I was looking to get a loan for $500.00 - $1000.00 and this company wanted collateral. On a loan of that size come on. I told the lady I could pay it back with next paycheck just needed money for emergency car repair. Not a good company.

• Th
      21st of Dec, 2010

Man, what the hell is wrong with them!!! They asked you for collateral? Wtf king of financial institution are they? They act like there is some kind of crisis going on with the economy. That guy should have been happy to get yr business. Hell, he should have offered a night with his wife just for stopping by. What a jerk. I hope you told him off.

• Mi
      24th of Jan, 2011
    American General - Empoyee/Company behavior
    American General Finance
    California

The rudest people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They are a completly rude, unforthcoming and untrustworthy company. I will not go into personal details. Let's just say stay away from any kind of dealings with this companhy