American General / Removal of funds without authorization!

1 750 W. Virginia, P.O. Box401Mil, WI, United States
Phone: 1-800-318-1383

I made an application for Term Life Insurance and after a very long period I was denied. I received a letter from the company telling my application had been denied on February 1st and on February 6th $616.00 was withdrawn from my checking account. Because of the withdrawn I incurred $272.00 in insufficient fund fees. I was supposed to have a policy in hand and be able to accept or refuse it based on my satisfaction with the coverage and the premium. I had never receive a policy because it had been denied.

After several calls to the so called agent, which were never returned, customer service told me that the policy number they attached to my name which prompted the withdrawal was in no way mine. The type of incompetency has created a hardship that was not necessary, I had to produce my bank statement to verify the overdraft charges in addition transfer funds from my saving to stop anymore from occurring.

Now they tell me it will be six days before and can get my $616.00 back and have no idea when or if I will be compensated for the $272.00 in overdraft fees.