American Furniture Warehouse / racial discrimination and bad customer service
I recently bought a table set from American Furniture Warehouse.
I had to drive to a different store to pick it up because they did not have it in Aurora. I went to the mega store in Englewood and they mistreated my table as they were bringing it out to me. Not only that, an employee walked by me and made imitations of Chinese noises like I could not speak English.
When I called to see if I could come in to talk to a supervisor, they highly discouraged me from coming in and try to wave me off with a 30 dollar in store credit. I then took my time to drive all the way to Thorton and speak to the customer service manager and she was hostile and extremely rude. She did not even seem to be concerned that racism was a big issue and she tried to turn the issue on my by trying to blame me for coming in for revenge when I did not even mention about what happened to the employee. Then she proceeded to raise her voice at me and swore at me. I could not believe that the CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER swore at me! I am and will continue to do everything in my power to spread the word to the entire world about American Furniture Warehouse and how they are racist and they discriminate and their managers swear at customers and are extremely unhelpful. They made the situation ten times worse. All I wanted was for them to actually show truly heartfelt concern and realize the severity of the situation and I did not get that at all. The manager didn't even apologize to me once during our conversation, not until right before i left with a new stool (because after I bought the table, it was cracked in half when I brought it home and so was a stool), because then she probably realized what she had just done and was trying to make up for it by being nice. I cannot believe such a company is being run in such a way. If they don't take action for racism and see it as an everyday complaint, I don't even want to know what they do with other situations. As I can see in the other complaints, it seems as though they don't care about their customers and if they don't care enough to want their business, well then they will have NO business at all. The nerve of those people to make me feel like I did something wrong, they have no idea what they have messed with. It is the 21st century, racism is NOT ok. It is a very important matter and I can't believe a business like AFW would just brush it away like it was nothing. I hope Jake Jabs knows what kind of company he's been building.
More American Furniture Warehouse Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - financing
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - poor service! 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - poor quality furniture and customer service 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - customer service is the worst - canceled order & never told us 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - the financing don't do it 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - need to make a warranty claim
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - customer service 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - sectional reclining sofa
- American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - sofa cushions 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - bed set